A brilliant section of Carols letter to the Government.

“We understand fully that the situation with regard to Covid-19 restrictions is very nuanced and evolving but, like many supporters, are struggling to understand the logic which decrees that hundreds of people are able to sit together in an aeroplane for hours on end or eat and drink inside pubs and restaurants – but fans of football clubs are not allowed to be accommodated in the open air inside stadia declared safe by experts in socially-distanced bubbles while wearing face coverings.

It would certainly be helpful if the science behind this decision could be shared with the football community.”

It’s a shame there is no science behind it... photos of central London at 10pm as everyone is forced out onto the street causing mass congestion in the tube show it up for what it is. Poorly thought out.

Omnishambles

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Assume you were ok with it when Churchill used it?

Bet you call people snowflakes for getting offended to easily don’t you? 

Green said:

"What I would say, and I think I all know this, is the crisis has really exposed the strain, the pressures in our public services, the dependence we all have on some of the lowest paid workers in health, in care, in transport, in food and logistics.

"It's really shown, I think, our schools, our care system is under huge pressure.

And when something like a pandemic hits - we hope it won't again - but when we have this kind of crisis we realise that under-investment in our economy and in our public services has been a really false economy.“

But then she acknowledged that some people would have taken her wrong and gotten offended. For which she apologised.

Does the above offend you FUA?

Were you offended when Boris used the term “operation last gasp” to describe the attempt to get ventilators for dying people?

Or were you just dragging up something about Labour because you had nowhere to go on Sages comments about Rees-Mogg and you are so biased it upsets you to realise what type of person he is... like when he moved his business to Ireland just before Brexit? 

Sums the conservatives up

Sorry,but I wasn't around when Churchill said it,was there much fuss about his comments?

Green being forced to apologise after her colleague Lisa Nandy had done so five days earlier didn't go down too well with many people and it seemed like she was doing it reluctantly.

I am biased,just like you and Sage and my response was an example of yet another MP opening their gob without engaging their brain.

Labour are guilty as well you know?

43 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Your're still watching the BBC then?

Watch and learn how to edit.😃👍

You started it... picking out headlines from an apology which was about how some people could have been offended rather than what was actually meant.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rules for us and rules for them demonstrated in real time.

Genuinely FUA, you make me laugh every day.

Boris trying to describe the law of 6

"On the rule of six, outside the areas such as the north east where extra measures have been brought in, it’s six inside, six outside. And in the north east and other areas where extra tight measures have been brought in, you should follow the guidance of local authorities. But it’s six in a home, six in hospitality, but, as I understand it, not six outside."

So 6 people can meet inside in a pub, but not outside in the open air.

We were told the open air was the best place because its harder for the virus to spread.

Serious question... is anyone brave enough to say they think Johnson is doing a good job during this crisis?

46 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Boris trying to describe the law of 6

"On the rule of six, outside the areas such as the north east where extra measures have been brought in, it’s six inside, six outside. And in the north east and other areas where extra tight measures have been brought in, you should follow the guidance of local authorities. But it’s six in a home, six in hospitality, but, as I understand it, not six outside."

So 6 people can meet inside in a pub, but not outside in the open air.

We were told the open air was the best place because its harder for the virus to spread.

Serious question... is anyone brave enough to say they think Johnson is doing a good job during this crisis?

I think he is doing an excellent job......

Of screwing it up and confusing the hell out of people..... it's difficult to see how he could improve on it..... but i'm sure he will.... he just needs time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

You started it... picking out headlines from an apology which was about how some people could have been offended rather than what was actually meant.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rules for us and rules for them demonstrated in real time.

Genuinely FUA, you make me laugh every 

I didn't pick out any headlines I just quoted what she said originally at a conference to Labour activists.

7 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I didn't pick out any headlines I just quoted what she said originally at a conference to Labour activists.

You picked out the fact that she apologised and used that to make a point that she used the phrase in a bad way therefore pointing out how bad labour are. You made out that she vindictively was glad that the virus was happening.

In reality she only apologised about that fact that some people, like yourself, are snowflakes who may have been offended by the same words that Churchill used without understanding the context.

You selected words out of context.

But as you said yourself  ... you are biased.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

You picked out the fact that she apologised and used that to make a point that she used the phrase in a bad way therefore pointing out how bad labour are. You made out that she vindictively was glad that the virus was happening.

In reality she only apologised about that fact that some people, like yourself, are snowflakes who may have been offended by the same words that Churchill used without understanding the context.

You selected words out of context.

But as you said yourself  ... you are biased.

I picked out the fact that it took her five days to apologise after her colleague had done it for her.

Labour are bad,they've lost the last four elections.

I didn't pick words out of context,I quoted words that she had actually said.

I am not a snowflake,I am more like a gammon according to leftie remainers.😃

I am biased,like most other posters on here but I do know that if you want to listen to Praise and Grumble on Radio Stoke you don't need a TV licence.

19 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I rest my case.

Nothing would make me happier... but alas, like the Brexit vote promises. This isn’t true and won’t happen.

Now if someone voted for you on that promise, and then you started rattling off again, would it make them undemocratic to be annoyed? 

Boris's Dad pictured in a shop with no mask on. Doh!

Apparently he's been out if the country for 3 weeks on an essential visit to Greece to "covid proof" a house he owns and rents out there.

Say's he's not quite fully upto speed with the rules after getting back.