robf

Coronavirus

So you are happy to support Mr Trump and his "America First" policies but not support countries in Europe doing the same?  

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

And as you seem happy to link to this publication, what is your response to this?

https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-confirms-that-donald-trump-tried-to-buy-firm-working-on-coronavirus-vaccine/

Jesus Jean. You are like a stuck record. Johnson/Trump/Brexit. Repeat ad nauseum. Give it a break. It is getting very very boring. Find a new high horse to get on. It is getting so tedious watching the gymnastics you go through to blame the "Tories" for everything. Ridiculous stuff. 

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

Jesus Jean. You are like a stuck record. Johnson/Trump/Brexit. Repeat ad nauseum. Give it a break. It is getting very very boring. Find a new high horse to get on.

Glad you're feeling better, Toyah. 

Actually I'm not. I'm not a Tory, just a think about it kind of guy. You think different fine.

Edited by toyahw

15 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Glad you're feeling better, Toyah. 

I've not been ill yet apart from a sniffle. My wife is, and I'm next in line. Hopefully not. I'm looking after the good lady. It was a question of time, they had many cases in her office. The lad is okay pretty mild. But I'm 24/7 looking after Mrs TW. Snide comments don't help to be honest Jean. It is a tough time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toyahw said:

I've not been ill yet apart from a sniffle. My wife is, and I'm next in line. Hopefully not. I'm looking after the good lady. It was a question of time, they had many cases in her office. The lad is okay pretty mild. But I'm 24/7 looking after Mrs TW. Snide comments don't help to be honest Jean. It is a tough time.

It wasn't a snide comment.  It was a genuine sentiment.  You were very worried about your wife and would not have had time to come on here berating me so I thought you must be feeling a bit better.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

It wasn't a snide comment.  It was a genuine sentiment.  You were very worried about your wife and would not have had time to come on here berating me so I thought you must be feeling a bit better.

I'm not  berating anyone Jean. Not the time for it. She is doing okay. I'm as angry as anyone about the anti-social behaviour of some.

I'm sorry if it came across that way. It is a tough time, as you will no doubt understand.

Apologies for any offense. I am not berating you or anyone. When the problem is in your own house it kind of amplifies it. It is no longer remote. 

It is not a nice experience, but probably I should have chosen my words more carefully. So sorry for that.

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

And I’m sure that’s exactly what everyone thought he meant!! I despair at times.

Only those with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Santa said:

One of the most pernicious falsehoods Trump has said about the virus was to say that Chloroquine had already been approved by the FDA. 

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/valley-man-dies-wife-hospitalized-after-taking-chemicals-to-protect-from-coronavirus

Santa, That statement is just not true. 

Chloroquine has been approved by the FDA to treat Malaria and Rheumatoid Arthritis,  I can't recall Trump or the Head of Infectious Diseases at the CDC ever saying Chloroquine had been approved for the corona virus, how could it have been approved, the data had only recently become available and it takes years for the FDA to approve a drug.

Both said Chloroquine alone and in combination with other drugs had shown promise against the corona virus with the excitement being Chloroquine is available now to be used  in hospital as the safety/toxicity profile of the drug is well known and understood by doctors hence under the current circumstances  the FDA allowed the drug to be fast tracked for off-label use or for compassionate purposes against the corona virus in a hospital setting.

However, the couple in the article posted acquired Chloroquine phosphate from who knows where, decided to self medicate, dosed themselves with who knows how much, no wonder they encountered problems.

ABC15 is a left wing tv/media company hell bent on discrediting Trump, they will spin any information to smear Trump. 

Edited by Paul6754

12 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I know HV but sometimes allowing the wrong message to get spread is not right. Can you imagine the state the USA would be in now if the China travel ban hadn't been put in place as early given the amount of travel to and from China to all parts of the USA, it would be Italy X 20.

Post Brexit the UK is looking for a trade deal with the USA, Trump has offered help and support whereas Quid Pro Quo Joe was Vice President in an administration which suggested/said the UK would have  to go to the back of the queue in any trade negotiations, yet every one in the UK appears to love Obama  and QPQ Joe, strange times.

It's what happens if you base your entire world view based on what Sharon says on facebook or Dave says on twitter.

There's very little reason to love Obama if you look into his policies and their outcome. He conned a lot of people because he is a smooth talker.

Trump is equally conning people by being so abrasive and arrogant - but if you look at many of his policies they are very good.

8 hours ago, toyahw said:

I'm not  berating anyone Jean. Not the time for it. She is doing okay. I'm as angry as anyone about the anti-social behaviour of some.

I'm sorry if it came across that way. It is a tough time, as you will no doubt understand.

Apologies for any offense. I am not berating you or anyone. When the problem is in your own house it kind of amplifies it. It is no longer remote. 

It is not a nice experience, but probably I should have chosen my words more carefully. So sorry for that.

No need to apologise, Toyah. I think we are all a bit touchy at the moment but you’re a mate so no offence taken. 

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So you are happy to support Mr Trump and his "America First" policies but not support countries in Europe doing the same?  

*European Union

Having seen the full tube trains in London, can anybody see the sense in cutting the number of trains?

The governments response lacks clarity. I realise it is extremely difficult in these unprecedented times but this needs intelligent, co-ordinated leadership and we certainly aren`t getting that.  

It is a very difficult situation, for instance I needed a start switch for my mashing machine, this part will have been made, moved to a supplier, then bought by the retailer, purchased by me and delivered. Then I fitted it myself, others  may need a plumber or help at least. 

Some things will be needed that dont seem essential atm, but the longer it goes on things will break and parts will be required. So we must keep some sort of workforce.

Nothing is essential unless you need it 🙂

I am starting to wonder, very seriously now, about how some people actually get through the day.

Do we really now live on such a conveyor belt that we need every little thing doing for us?

I'd be very pissed off if I was Boris at the moment.  He's offered vast support to people and still people wont take the advice.

Its embarrassing. 

• Like 1

My mum, who is 68 now, has been told the best her employer can do for her is cut her hours to 4 per shift.

This is wilko in hanley.

They're calling themselves essential because they have a shelf in there with paracetamol on I think.

Shocking

People are still prepared to cheat the ban i've already found. I had a front door in cheadle to fit and a front door in Blurton to fit. Both customers when i rang them this morning said they would keep out of my space while i fitted their door and happy for me to work in their home.

Then i told my wife i was going to work and she went ape <ovf censored> at me and made me cancel

So thats it. The last time i had a day off ill was 2016 with flue funnily enough so it feels weird being at home.

I just wish i'd stock piled some home brew kits now