Far too many fruitcakes who feed on misinformation posted on social media.

But because of its past actions and indecisiveness has the government lost the trust of sections of the public and is it now impossible to get everyone to toe the line? 

Let's hope not because the prospect of the winter months when illness and health problems are at their worst isn't an appetising prospect. 

The good weather and ability to be outdoors (for those of us lucky enough to have the space) has been a godsend. But not for much longer. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

I have a feeing things are going to get much worse before they start to get better. Footballers seem to be getting it at a much more frequent rate now and sadly I can see it coming to a stop again before too long. It's probably going to be this way until a successful vaccine is found and distributed.

16 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I have a feeing things are going to get much worse before they start to get better. Footballers seem to be getting it at a much more frequent rate now and sadly I can see it coming to a stop again before too long. It's probably going to be this way until a successful vaccine is found and distributed.

I suspect a lot of the players who have tested positive are actually asymptomatic.  I imagine it's a case of finding the cases because you are looking for them.  I don't mean that makes it any less of an issue but it may explain the rising numbers.

• Like 2

Come on then the Boris Boys...

The Palace of Westminsters bars can stay open beyond curfew because "they are workplace canteens".....

Its Cummings trip to Durham all over again and meanwhile students in Manchester have been held hostage all weekend....

Scumbags, the lot of them and those that support them are increasingly looking like idiots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Banning football crowds to league games but allowing them to none league games is a bit confusing.

However if you take it as part of the government's overall message it make perfect sense.......

No one has an f ing clue what they are doing.......... or why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Come on then the Boris Boys...

The Palace of Westminsters bars can stay open beyond curfew because "they are workplace canteens".....

Its Cummings trip to Durham all over again and meanwhile students in Manchester have been held hostage all weekend....

Scumbags, the lot of them and those that support them are increasingly looking like idiots.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/parliament-s-bars-exempt-from-10pm-coronavirus-curfew-wb6g6bbgp

exactly... rules for them, rules for us 

5 hours ago, geosname said:

Banning football crowds to league games but allowing them to none league games is a bit confusing.

However if you take it as part of the government's overall message it make perfect sense.......

No one has an f ing clue what they are doing.......... or why.

It makes sense in terms of drawing a clear line somewhere between 50 locals turning up for Hanley Town and 50,000 flocking across the country to Old Trafford. The government has set the line at non-League, telling the EFL hard luck but that non-league clubs have a fighting chance. Maybe they could have drawn the line at 5,000 fans and then we'd be happy but Sunderland fans would still be pissed off.

Last season was abandoned by the FA for non-League sides, now they are the only ones able to get any sort of revenue in. You win some, you lose some.

I sympathize with the government in that there will be those that lose out a lot and those that don't lose out so much (there are no winners in this case sadly). But of course when the government ministers decide that there is one rule for us and one rule for them then that's why there is a damaging break down in trust.

26 minutes ago, Wrex said:

It makes sense in terms of drawing a clear line somewhere between 50 locals turning up for Hanley Town and 50,000 flocking across the country to Old Trafford. The government has set the line at non-League, telling the EFL hard luck but that non-league clubs have a fighting chance. Maybe they could have drawn the line at 5,000 fans and then we'd be happy but Sunderland fans would still be pissed off.

Last season was abandoned by the FA for non-League sides, now they are the only ones able to get any sort of revenue in. You win some, you lose some.

I sympathize with the government in that there will be those that lose out a lot and those that don't lose out so much (there are no winners in this case sadly). But of course when the government ministers decide that there is one rule for us and one rule for them then that's why there is a damaging break down in trust.

I thought the clear line was drawn with the rule of 6?

It's not 50 showing up at Hanley Town though is it? Trust me, there hasn't been a game this season where there hasn't been over the 300 official attendance with plenty of groups of lads well over the rule of 6 threshold . Not that I care, good for them for making the most of what is an absolutely ridiculous ongoing farse that most who read this message seem more than willing to allow to continue until a vaccine is developed, whenever that might be. You can't tell me that 4,000 in VP across 20,000 seats is more "risky" than 400 crowded in at Hanley with plastic cups full of booze from the bar and a "Covid Marshall" who rightly doesn't give a monkeys.

Anyway, how are you all getting on, 189 days after the initial lock-down started? Everyone still happy jumping to the tune of a government, in aid of this bizarre international stats game to see who is best at suppressing a minor, but uncontrollable chest infection? Ready for a Christmas where you will need to break the law to spend time with your family?

I'm genuinely interested to see what people make of it all. Are people going through the motions, wearing a mask so not to risk being the recipient of a £100 fine, or whether you think that action will actually help society, the economy and the ability for people to survive this period of pandemonium?

I wear a mask when going into shops, I wouldn't get in otherwise although they have been worn here for quite a while, long before covid.

The only part of Xmas I ever liked was watching my kids disreguard the presents they asked for but spending hours playing with the wrapping paper and boxes. I don't get to see the grandchildren or great grandchildren, if I could I would avoid spending Xmas with them, I wouldn't want my bad memories to infect their enjoyment.

There doesn't seem to be a flue season here, the daytime temperature very rarely drops below 30c although there is an outbreak of dengue fever. So an increase due to cold weather isn't really the same threat. There have been about 20 new cases reported today, 16 caught in quarantine from abroad but the death total is still 58 I think.

As for the outlook..... there are to many unanswered questions to judge..... can you catch it more than once?...... does it actually go away or is it just dormant?...... what, if any, are the mutations?..... Will any vaccine produced kill it in the host and stop the spread or just kill the effects but leave the virus capable of spreading?...... etc.

How is the UK dealing with it...... abysmally in my opinion.... an underreaction followed by an overreaction interspersed with confusion.

On 17/09/2020 at 15:52, TheSage said:

Nail on the head.

Meanwhile, Rees Mogg tells everyone who can't get a test to stop carping. 

A bit like when he lambasted Grenfell Tower residents for not using their common sense.

Meanwhile,Labour's Shadow Education Secretary Kate Green has finally apologised after saying that "Labour should not let a good crisis go to waste",whilst talking about coronavirus.

Sums Labour up.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Meanwhile,Labour's Shadow Education Secretary Kate Green has finally apologised after saying that "Labour should not let a good crisis go to waste",whilst talking about coronavirus.

Sums Labour up.

Assume you were ok with it when Churchill used it?

Bet you call people snowflakes for getting offended to easily don’t you? 

Green said:

"What I would say, and I think I all know this, is the crisis has really exposed the strain, the pressures in our public services, the dependence we all have on some of the lowest paid workers in health, in care, in transport, in food and logistics.

"It's really shown, I think, our schools, our care system is under huge pressure.

And when something like a pandemic hits - we hope it won't again - but when we have this kind of crisis we realise that under-investment in our economy and in our public services has been a really false economy.“

But then she acknowledged that some people would have taken her wrong and gotten offended. For which she apologised.

Does the above offend you FUA?

Were you offended when Boris used the term “operation last gasp” to describe the attempt to get ventilators for dying people?

Or were you just dragging up something about Labour because you had nowhere to go on Sages comments about Rees-Mogg and you are so biased it upsets you to realise what type of person he is... like when he moved his business to Ireland just before Brexit? 

Sums the conservatives up

Edited by Iron Curtain

6 hours ago, SimonMills said:

Anyway, how are you all getting on, 189 days after the initial lock-down started? Everyone still happy jumping to the tune of a government, in aid of this bizarre international stats game to see who is best at suppressing a minor, but uncontrollable chest infection? Ready for a Christmas where you will need to break the law to spend time with your family?

I have a plan for Christmas. I’m going to kill the turkey and invite the family to the funeral.

• Haha 2