You can only attempt to live with this virus if you reduce the number of cases daily to manageable levels and have a highly efficient T&T system in fully working order, to kill any spikes stone dead.

It's very hard. We know that. Europe is having problems too.

But we've not had either of those things. And we've had 6 months to plan our strategy. We lifted the barriers too soon with cases and deaths too high, cancelled the briefings and hid the statistics from the public, pretending that it had disappeared and we could all go back to work (or risk being sacked), pack the bars and pubs, and reduce social distancing from 2 to 1 metre. We've never enforced mask wearing and a lot of folk have done what they like. 

Is anyone really surprised that the numbers are increasing again? Schools are back. Universities are back. People were told to go back to their offices, use the tube and get in city centres.  They're even now saying we can meet in groups of 6 from 6 different households yet last week it was only 2. How on earth is 6 safer than 2? Answers on a postcard c/o Barnard Castle to Boris in Wonderland.

• Like 1

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Can we please stop politicising this situation.  It's nowt to do with Tory/Labour/Leaver/Remain.  It's a situation in which we all need to be sensible, listen to advice, stop being so bloody selfish i

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

What the hell is this? 10,000 excess deaths in peoples' homes in the last 3 months. People dying because the are frightened of going to a hospital or care home? How many uncounted corona?

Yep. People are refusing to go to their GP or to hospital because they take a look at the news and think they're stuffed full of people with a deadly contagious disease. They fancy their chances at home rather than "risk" going to hospital. This isn't helped by all the routine operations and appointments that were cancelled or postponed due to the initial outbreak.

The fact is that unless you're actually diagnosed with coronavirus then your chances of coming into contact with someone with coronavirus in hospital are the same as coming into contact with it outside of hospital.

Glastonbury was cancelled because of Covid-19. Cancer wasn't cancelled. Heart attacks, strokes, dementia, every other disease carried on as per normal. Health conditions that are frankly many times more serious than covid-19 are being ignored because of fear of coronavirus.

People are needlessly dying and suffering because of fear of coronavirus. It's tragic.

If you notice a lump, bleeding, strange pains, whatever get it <ovf censored> checked out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

What the hell is this? 10,000 excess deaths in peoples' homes in the last 3 months. People dying because the are frightened of going to a hospital or care home? How many uncounted corona?

Or suicides due to vastly increased mental health strains?

Or cancer related deaths due to not being able to get the treatment required?

It is not the only game in town believe it or not. 

Edited by eh up nah
  • Like 1

A non-league football team said they were angry at facing a £400 fine for not playing their next match despite a player testing positive for Covid-19.

The Bartley Reds player got a positive result 72 hours after his Midland Football League match on Saturday.

Nigel Wood, Midland Football League Secretary, confirmed he had been informed by the club about the positive case and that members had been told to play.

"We are following FA guidelines and they state that football is not classed as a close contact sport and only the player has to self-isolate if they test positive," he said.

"That's at all levels of football and as a far as we are concerned, at the moment, the player who tests positive must do that and all others don't have to unless they were in close contact with them.

The confusion and perceived unfairness of what is happening continues.

On a brighter note the long awaited app is now available to download (Sept. 24th). It's more of a Google-Apple one and from all accounts seems a better bet that the world beating one developed by Cummings' mates back in June.

I wonder if enough people will download it to make it effective? 

Let's hope it works and helps us through the next few months.

I've downloaded it. I'm far less suspicious of this Google-Apple one than I was of the previous one invented by Cummings' mates.

We should have gone down this route several months ago. 

Anyone seen a report of that barber's shop in Tunstall where the owner reckons corona virus isn't real, it's all a hoax and he doesn't believe in wearing masks?

Not much future for humanity with folk like him sharing the planet with us.

Dogs make better friends. I'd like to come back as a dog. Far more loyal and caring than some of my fellow human racers.

6 hours ago, TheSage said:

I'd like to come back as a dog. Far more loyal and caring than some of my fellow human racers.

My mother used to say she would like to come back as a bird, so she could crap on those who crapped on her...... oh if cows could fly.

36 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Taken off twitter.

World leading?

Omnishambles.

031DEFE4-F9E9-484D-B7E8-F2530EE2AC4B.jpeg

Perhaps they don't care where the virus is....... just where the people are?..... or have been.

I think someone is in line for a Darwin award.

47 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Taken off twitter.

World leading?

Omnishambles.

031DEFE4-F9E9-484D-B7E8-F2530EE2AC4B.jpeg

another example of why this app is absolutely pointless.  The fact that positive tests don't link back into it to verify data means it is solely reliant on the public doing everything right, which has already shown to be flawed thinking.

Give it a few weeks and this app will all but disappear.

16 minutes ago, Wrex said:

'UK government' and big 'IT project' do not go well together. Mainly because for the last few decades successive governments have worshipped at the feet of the free market and outsourcing.

If you outsource you have someone to blame....... but you can take the credit if it ever goes right.