Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Idiots in general. 

Agree, just a couple of examples of shoppers going through my daughters checkout at a local supermarket, one wearing a g string as a mask, and another wearing a mask with a hole cut out for the mouth.

its morons like this that are responsible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

Premier League statement, Tuesday:

"The Premier League notes the government’s announcement today and while the health of the nation must remain everyone’s priority, we are disappointed that the safe return of supporters to matches has been postponed.

"The Premier League is certain that, through League-wide guidelines and a code of conduct developed with scientific experts and agreed by the government’s Sports Ground Safety Authority, fans in stadiums will be as safe or even safer than at any other public activity currently permitted. This is already evident in other European leagues.

"Football is not the same without attending fans and the football economy is unsustainable without them. Last season, Premier League clubs suffered £700m in losses and at present, our national game is losing more than £100m per month. This is starting to have a devastating impact on clubs and their communities.

"We are confident that Premier League clubs, using innovative ways to get supporters safely back into grounds, will enable revenues to return to all levels of the game, as well as maintain solidarity arrangements, current tax contributions and financial support for local and national economies.

"While there is a current pause in a date for fans returning to sports venues, the Premier League and our clubs will not slow down in our preparations for providing safe, bio-secure environments. We will continue to work with government to bring supporters safely back into grounds as soon as possible.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Premier League statement, Tuesday:

"The Premier League notes the government’s announcement today and while the health of the nation must remain everyone’s priority, we are disappointed that the safe return of supporters to matches has been postponed.

"The Premier League is certain that, through League-wide guidelines and a code of conduct developed with scientific experts and agreed by the government’s Sports Ground Safety Authority, fans in stadiums will be as safe or even safer than at any other public activity currently permitted. This is already evident in other European leagues.

"Football is not the same without attending fans and the football economy is unsustainable without them. Last season, Premier League clubs suffered £700m in losses and at present, our national game is losing more than £100m per month. This is starting to have a devastating impact on clubs and their communities.

"We are confident that Premier League clubs, using innovative ways to get supporters safely back into grounds, will enable revenues to return to all levels of the game, as well as maintain solidarity arrangements, current tax contributions and financial support for local and national economies.

"While there is a current pause in a date for fans returning to sports venues, the Premier League and our clubs will not slow down in our preparations for providing safe, bio-secure environments. We will continue to work with government to bring supporters safely back into grounds as soon as possible.”

Issue is this also  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54258226  and  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54248560 and that is just the players. Things are not looking good if the players cannot stay "covid free". Imagine the fans from all areas attending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bless the Premier League..  

"Football is not the same without attending fans and the football economy is unsustainable without them. Last season, Premier League clubs suffered £700m in losses and at present, our national game is losing more than £100m per month. This is starting to have a devastating impact on clubs and their communities."

 

They are beginning to sound like the BBC, paying over inflated salaries and incurring huge losses and expecting someone else to bail them out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Issue is this also  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54258226  and  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54248560 and that is just the players. Things are not looking good if the players cannot stay "covid free". Imagine the fans from all areas attending

Yeh, its just lunacy to think any kind of crowd would be covid safe.

We have just got to face up to the fact that some things, like watching football in the ground and having a pint down the pub are just not important enough to risk it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vital Spark said:

Not a loaded question, but who do you think is to blame for this second wave, Governments or the general public?

The Serco testing shambles, so the blame lies with the inner cabinet of the Government who gave the contract out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Serco testing shambles, so the blame lies with the inner cabinet of the Government who gave the contract out.

I agree, but Serco or the government aren’t making people to go out drinking in their droves, communities to be in and out of each other’s homes, failing to quarantine when coming from affected holidays, failing to give any or legitimate tracking details, failure to isolate when getting a positive result, reluctance to wear masks etc..

I’d say we are mainly responsible for the potential extent of this second wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Serco testing shambles, so the blame lies with the inner cabinet of the Government who gave the contract out.

I agree, but Serco or the government aren’t making people to go out drinking in their droves, communities to be in and out of each other’s homes, failing to quarantine when coming from affected holidays, failing to give any or legitimate tracking details, failure to isolate when getting a positive result, reluctance to wear masks etc..

I’d say we are responsible for this second wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Much of it is now nonsensical.

I'm starting to wonder why anything was opened up at all if we're going to do this everytime "cases" start to go up.

Of course they'll go up.

But, sooner or later, we're going to have to face up to the fact that it's out there and we get on with things.

We've had a flu vaccine since the late 70's

Guess what?

It still exists and it still kills people.

Young people leaving home to go to universities up and down the country. Children out of the house and back to school. Can't really hold any blame there. Education is necessary.

But who came up with the 'Eat Out to Help Out' scheme? Who financed massive ad campaigns to encourage workers to get back into the office? Was it Jim down the local boozer? Oh no, that's right it was the government that was encouraging us to get out and about just a few short weeks ago.

Now cases have risen slightly that same government are now threatening the public they'll start taking away basic freedoms and civil liberties if they don't behave themselves. Nasty Joe Public being irresponsible is who are responsible for "killing grandma" with coronavirus.

As for vaccines. If a Covid-19 was discovered tomorrow - or I should say if it was declared safe tomorrow, as at least one of the many vaccines being tested would likely do a job for us. If we had a vaccine tomorrow then it would take years to vaccinate enough people worldwide to stop it spreading, though being a first world country we might be ahead of the queue depending on who it is that develops it.

I thought we were learning to live with it but it seems panic is starting to set in again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Listening to Boris blustering his way through a very difficult situation, a situation that there isn't a set of instructions to refer to, I cant help wondering how long it will be before the Tory Grandees start meeting in smoky committee rooms in the Palace of Westminster and start plotting his enforced abdication. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, geosname said:

Is there some irony to the fact only 15 people can attend a wedding but 30 can attend a funeral?

Yeah it’s brilliant. 

Already had our wedding postponed 3 times and probably cancelled for the final time next year. 

Best thing is the 15 includes the staff needed to conduct the wedding so you only really end up with 10 or so family members. Mental. 

Yet it’s been ok for people to go out to pubs and get leathered as per normal for months. The man is an idiot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vital Spark said:

Not a loaded question, but who do you think is to blame for this second wave, Governments or the general public?

I’d say both

i think from the very start the government got literally everything wrong which I don’t think is surprising considering the man in charge. However some areas of the general public - these people who seem to think they know better than the experts or just down right don’t give a <ovf censored> are also to blame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel for you my friend. Very frustrating.

A minority of the public are letting everyone else down and behaving in a selfish, immoral way. It's annoying because even if you get 90% playing ball and doing their utmost it only takes one isolated twerp of a super spreader to start the ball rolling. But I just don't know how you get to grips with these mavericks. That said, with the best will in the world, this thing will jump from person to person if it gets the slightest chance.

However, let's be frank, the government has hardly covered itself in glory has it? I still think we locked down too late and lifted the barriers too early (when cases were still close to 1000 daily and deaths in high double figures). Would another 2 weeks have helped? Who knows? But sadly telling folk to pack the pubs and bars hasn't been wise. Testing has been shambolic. Messaging as bad. It was excellent at the beginning but they've since lost the plot. Allowing Cummings off the hook was stupid and we've had loads of inconsistent instructions that have been puzzling to follow. 

I do have sympathy for the government but I think by their actions since March they've lost public trust and confidence and I'm doubtful if they'll be able to get it back. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Much of it is now nonsensical.

I'm starting to wonder why anything was opened up at all if we're going to do this everytime "cases" start to go up.

Of course they'll go up.

But, sooner or later, we're going to have to face up to the fact that it's out there and we get on with things.

We've had a flu vaccine since the late 70's

Guess what?

It still exists and it still kills people.

Young people leaving home to go to universities up and down the country. Children out of the house and back to school. Can't really hold any blame there. Education is necessary.

But who came up with the 'Eat Out to Help Out' scheme? Who financed massive ad campaigns to encourage workers to get back into the office? Was it Jim down the local boozer? Oh no, that's right it was the government that was encouraging us to get out and about just a few short weeks ago.

Now cases have risen slightly that same government are now threatening the public they'll start taking away basic freedoms and civil liberties if they don't behave themselves. Nasty Joe Public being irresponsible is who are responsible for "killing grandma" with coronavirus.

As for vaccines. If a Covid-19 was discovered tomorrow - or I should say if it was declared safe tomorrow, as at least one of the many vaccines being tested would likely do a job for us. If we had a vaccine tomorrow then it would take years to vaccinate enough people worldwide to stop it spreading, though being a first world country we might be ahead of the queue depending on who it is that develops it.

I thought we were learning to live with it but it seems panic is starting to set in ag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To blame the population for following government advice really is a low blow. They really are floundering and are too bothered about managing the government image and passing massive contracts to their friends rather than really trying to control the virus. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy