28 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Well it will for the reasons I have stated.  If punters and boozers circumvent it they will be closed completely and only have themselves to blame.  So if people want pubs to stay open they need to stop behaving like a spoilt kid that has had there favourite toys taken away and start acting like grown ups and follow distancing, table service etc, and any pubs flouting rules want reporting and closing for good.

Pubs have spectacularly failed to control there customers, most haven't even tried.  Customers need to grow up and publicans need to grow some - or they will be gone.

Its a warning shot, take it or leave it. 

Edit: last comment aimed at pubs, not you.

No chance it will work. People will just go out earlier and be drunk earlier. Best of just shutting them. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

I think the government are only proposing tinkering with the regulations so they can say their actions brought the virus under control. If they were genuinely worried they would do something much stronger. Should not have long to wait though before Johnson makes his latest announcement.

Oh and no football crowds either but go into a pub where there is less fresh air. Makes loads of sense!

Much of it is now nonsensical.

I'm starting to wonder why anything was opened up at all if we're going to do this everytime "cases" start to go up.

Of course they'll go up.

But, sooner or later, we're going to have to face up to the fact that it's out there and we get on with things.

We've had a flu vaccine since the late 70's

Guess what?

It still exists and it still kills people.

I'm starting to wonder why anything was opened up at all if we're going to do this everytime "cases" start to go up.
Of course they'll go up.
But, sooner or later, we're going to have to face up to the fact that it's out there and we get on with things.
Guess what?
Flu mutates, as does Covid, so a different vaccine is required in the case of flu most years, and still a lot of people die from it.

29 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, eh up nah said:
Of course they'll go up.
Guess what?

Flu mutates, as does Covid, so a different vaccine is required in the case of flu most years, and still a lot of people die from it.

Quite

But the world hasn't stayed closed down, not daring to go through it's front door because of that has it?

If we're not careful there won't be anything left to go back to.

Vale for instance. Not that it's the most important thing but not many lower league clubs will survive another season being binned partway through.

There's got to be a point where we have to live with it.

If not, we're going to end up with a pretty sad little world.

Teachers stand in front of a class of32 pupils in cramped classroom for5/6 hours a day pups stay open till 10 at night in some cases rammed with customers but we can’t have 5000 fans spaced out in a 19000 capacity ground for 2 hours in the open air - what is it with these public school pr—ks running our country 

15 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Teachers stand in front of a class of32 pupils in cramped classroom for5/6 hours a day pups stay open till 10 at night in some cases rammed with customers but we can’t have 5000 fans spaced out in a 19000 capacity ground for 2 hours in the open air - what is it with these public school pr—ks running our country 

I dont think the problem is when fans are in the stands, its getting them in and out safely and around concourses, refreshment areas where the problem is posed.

At the final whistle people will head to the same exits and they won't like being to to wait so they can empty the stadium in an orderly way.  It will probably require a large police presence to handle the few <ovf censored> who have a shandy, line of coke and just want to be obnoxious.

Its the sensible thing to do when you think about it.

12 minutes ago, geosname said:

Is there some irony to the fact only 15 people can attend a wedding but 30 can attend a funeral?

You can have as many weddings as you want, but you are only allowed one funeral unless your first visit was premature. 

3 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

Impossible to know what to think or do when experts within Oxford University can’t even come up with a united front. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/sep/22/scientists-disagree-over-targeted-versus-nationwide-measures-to-tackle-covid?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Experts don`t always agree,  especially when there is more than one way to solve a problem. It then is likely to be chosen on speed, cost, practicality, acceptability etc. The main thing is to do something to slow the increase down.