• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Even if they are why give the job to someone with even less competance?

Indeed and why put in charge of the test and trace system someone who was in charge of a company that was found to be totally incompetent in its handling of data - Dido, Queen of Carnage?

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

I find that trite comment insulting.

600 health and care workers have died saving our lives in the past 6 months.

it's the government that's incompetent not the NHS.

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

I find that trite comment insulting.

600 health and care workers have died saving our lives in the past 6 months.

it's the government that's incompetent not the NHS.

And maybe there wouldn’t have been 600 health workers who have died if we had a competent NHS. You’re quick to blame the Government for everything but the NHS as well as care home owners need to shoulder some of the responsibility for its workers. 
if it is all the Governments fault then maybe it is time we should remove the NHS from government funding and it moves more towards privatisation. 

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Very insulting to the NHS considering my recent  experience of the prompt care and treatment my daughter has had in Leicester over the last few days. 

Test and Trace is not part of the NHS and run by people without a medical back ground. It was obvious weeks ago that  with increased mingling increased risks were being taken so more testing would be required and not less. Why not a £35,000 machine and £60 test for all schools and not only. Eton.

The NHS are not run by people with a medical background. My criticism of the NHS is not those at the front line who in a whole work very hard but the general running by middle and senior managers is pretty awful. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

The NHS are not run by people with a medical background. My criticism of the NHS is not those at the front line who in a whole work very hard but the general running by middle and senior managers is pretty awful. 

Who changed it all because the NHS Matron style was undermanaged and needed internal competition and a vast amount of paper work?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

True, but if you don’t try something different you will only get same results. 

Asking electricians to repair plumbing is not likely to improve things either.  The basic difference between the UK and Germany,  bosses know their industry.

9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Asking electricians to repair plumbing is not likely to improve things either.  The basic difference between the UK and Germany,  bosses know their industry.

When you invest in chiefs not Indians you get a lot of smoke but little fire

15 minutes ago, geosname said:

When you invest in chiefs not Indians you get a lot of smoke but little fire

Something the UK had trouble grasping in the 50s, no doubt there is a modern expression  I could use in Leicester based on minimum wage avoidance. But not wishing to wander off topic. 

8 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54242634 

Can't see how shutting pubs and restaurants at 10pm is gonna make a difference.

Really?  

Its bloody obvious isn't it?

Its also a warning shot.  Pubs are failing to follow existing guidelines and are now getting a last chance before being shut completely.

Drunk people do not follow social distancing and at a time when emergency services are going to start getting stretched as cases rise, we dont need ambulances and a and e capacity being taken up with people who have been out drinking.

Its not rocket science really.

40 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Really?  

Its bloody obvious isn't it?

Its also a warning shot.  Pubs are failing to follow existing guidelines and are now getting a last chance before being shut completely.

Drunk people do not follow social distancing and at a time when emergency services are going to start getting stretched as cases rise, we dont need ambulances and a and e capacity being taken up with people who have been out drinking.

Its not rocket science really.

It's not gonna work though is it ? People will just go out earlier and a lot of pubs will definitely be having lock ins on the slide. 

You walk round Newcastle during the day and you can see the bars busy and full of the giro day lot. Most pubs in the week already shut at 10pm and 11pm at the weekend now anyway , closing one hour early when one most folk have left the boozer by then anyway isn't gonna make a difference whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

It's not gonna work though is it ? People will just go out earlier and a lot of pubs will definitely be having lock ins on the slide. 

You walk round Newcastle during the day and you can see the bars busy and full of the giro day lot. Most pubs in the week already shut at 10pm and 11pm at the weekend now anyway , closing one hour early when one most folk have left the boozer by then anyway isn't gonna make a difference whatsoever. 

Well it will for the reasons I have stated.  If punters and boozers circumvent it they will be closed completely and only have themselves to blame.  So if people want pubs to stay open they need to stop behaving like a spoilt kid that has had there favourite toys taken away and start acting like grown ups and follow distancing, table service etc, and any pubs flouting rules want reporting and closing for good.

Pubs have spectacularly failed to control there customers, most haven't even tried.  Customers need to grow up and publicans need to grow some - or they will be gone.

Its a warning shot, take it or leave it. 

Edit: last comment aimed at pubs, not you.

Edited by Nofinikea

7 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Well it will for the reasons I have stated.  If punters and boozers circumvent it they will be closed completely and only have themselves to blame.  So if people want pubs to stay open they need to stop behaving like a spoilt kid that has had there favourite toys taken away and start acting like grown ups and follow distancing, table service etc, and any pubs flouting rules want reporting and closing for good.

Pubs have spectacularly failed to control there customers, most haven't even tried.  Customers need to grow up and publicans need to grow some - or they will be gone.

Its a warning shot, take it or leave it. 

Edit: last comment aimed at pubs, not you.

I agree completely with what you're saying but I just see can't many people listening or caring at this point. No doubt when the pubs shut at night , the younger ones will just congregate around someone's house rather than a bar/club and thus spreading the virus like it has been doing.