• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I used to smoke, but it would take a then week's wages to buy a pack of 20 today. Not only inflation but the high rate of tax, peoples choice I guess.

You can't beat a cigar of choice.

Smoking is a choice, you kill yourself

eating <ovf censored> food all the time is a choice, you kill yourself

drinking alcohol is a choice, you kill yourself (mostly)

Drugs are a choice, you kill yourself (mostly)

Covid is not a choice and can kill anyone.

Except food there are are restrictions to save people on all of the above.

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Smoking is a choice, you kill yourself

eating <ovf censored> food all the time is a choice, you kill yourself

drinking alcohol is a choice, you kill yourself (mostly)

Drugs are a choice, you kill yourself (mostly)

Covid is not a choice and can kill anyone.

Except food there are are restrictions to save people on all of the above.

Covid is a choice - you choose to follow the safety protocols or you don’t. You know that going to a packed pub is dangerous - some choose to stay away, others take the risk. 

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Covid is a choice - you choose to follow the safety protocols or you don’t. You know that going to a packed pub is dangerous - some choose to stay away, others take the risk. 

Covid is not a choice, nobody chooses to have it. Yes, if you follow government health guides you are far less likely to catch it but also, you cannot account for others who fail to follow it. Covid spread rapidly when the pubs were closed and other gatherings proving the spread of Covid can happen anywhere. 

More eye opening information about the testing shambles in the Times.

Apparently we are only testing around 65,000 people a day and having to send samples to Italy and Germany to be analysed as we can't cope with the backlog, currently running at around 185,000 swabs. A lot of tests are also damaged in transit and useless.

World beating incompetence. And statistics kept secret from the public in case anyone dares to question what on earth is going on.

6 hours ago, TheSage said:

More eye opening information about the testing shambles in the Times.

Apparently we are only testing around 65,000 people a day and having to send samples to Italy and Germany to be analysed as we can't cope with the backlog, currently running at around 185,000 swabs. A lot of tests are also damaged in transit and useless.

World beating incompetence. And statistics kept secret from the public in case anyone dares to question what on earth is going on.

At what point do we take testing off Serco and give it to the professionals in the local health and social services in the NHS.  Are we all going to fork out £1000 each  to fund the Moonshot  run by the donor companies?

20 hours ago, geosname said:

In not in favour of government imposing into personal choice. 

People should wear seatbelts and crash helmets but it shouldn't be compulsory. 

People shouldn't smoke or drink but it shouldn't be banned. 

Wearing seatbelts and wearing crash helmets are definitely not compulsory in Greece.

Just now, For Us All said:

Wearing seatbelts and wearing crash helmets are definitely not compulsory in Greece.

Just now, For Us All said:

It is law to wear helmets in all EU countries.

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

It is law to wear helmets in all EU countries.

I know but EU law in many countries is being ignored with Germany,Spain,Belgium and Greece being the biggest culprits.See latest comments in the Brexit thread.

42 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I know but EU law in many countries is being ignored with Germany,Spain,Belgium and Greece being the biggest culprits.See latest comments in the Brexit thread.

The British tend to follow laws and enforce laws a lot more than other countries.

57 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

The British tend to follow laws and enforce laws a lot more than other countries.

I’m not sure I agree on that one Phil... It would be interesting to see where we actually sit on that scale (I have no idea)... only thing I could find doesn’t have us in the top 10.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.worldatlas.com/amp/articles/10-countries-most-likely-to-follow-the-law.html

Very subjective I would imagine though... I would have guessed Switzerland would be up there as having spent a bit of time there  they LOVE a law. Music after 10 in an apartment block, neighbours are calling the police. If you are unlucky they may do the same if you flush to the loo after 10 too.

I once went to cross a street in Zurich with not a car in sight and a bloke grabbed my shoulder and told me off as the crossing signal wasn’t on green.