Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Isolation wasn't introduced to save the people, it was to save the NHS. 

no it wasn't, lockdown was to help the NHS but shielding (isolation) was to protect the vulnerable from contracting Covid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

My mother in law lives in Birmingham and alone. She has dementia and we get home help for her 3 or 4 days a week. My wife tries to get to see her  as much as possible so my brother in law has been doi

Posted Images

Not surprising really.  Pubs will be closing again soon as well, which again isn't surprising given the complete disregard for the rules by both publicans and punters.  I will have no sympathy for them when it happens because they have been given an opportunity to prove they can run these places safely and implementing the rules and in the main they have failed to do so.  Places that serve proper sit down meals have generally done a good job but pubs have been a free for all since re-opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, geosname said:

That was a by-product, a consequence 

No it wasn't.  People shielding who were isolated were shielded to protect them.  

Also the mantra to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed wasnt so they didn't have to work too much, it was to save lives.

You love a strap line, in this case, Save Lives came before protect the NHS.  Stay at home to save lives and protect the NHS....  so protecting the NHS was a by product of staying at home and saving lives.

You have this wrong Geo, but carry on, please.

Edited by Nofinikea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

No it wasn't.  People shielding who were isolated were shielded to protect them.  

Also the mantra to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed wasnt so they didn't have to work too much, it was to save lives.

You love a strap line, in this case, Save Lives came before protect the NHS.  Stay at home to save lives and protect the NHS....  so protecting the NHS was a by product of staying at home and saving lives.

You have this wrong Geo, but carry on, please.

I will..... because I'm right.

I never mentioned working to much.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Not surprising really.  Pubs will be closing again soon as well, which again isn't surprising given the complete disregard for the rules by both publicans and punters.  I will have no sympathy for them when it happens because they have been given an opportunity to prove they can run these places safely and implementing the rules and in the main they have failed to do so.  Places that serve proper sit down meals have generally done a good job but pubs have been a free for all since re-opening.

Again, this post is an example of the way that society has been brainwashed into completely disproportionate fear over this virus. "run these places safely?" This virus is not a product of the pub. The virus does not spontaneously appear when we don't follow the arbitrary rules created by self serving scientists and politicians, rules influenced by a petrified general public that they themselves created. The virus isn't closing down the economy, our freedoms and our right to see family members, the government is based on their own arbitrary parameters.

Do people on here actually agree on the whole with these draconian measures? Boris stated very early on that "Every Covid related death is a tragedy". Much that has come afterwards is a direct result of this quite frankly childish mantra. People are aware that mortality is guaranteed as part of the package of life aren't they? If you deem death as tragic (especially the death of very old people) then you're in for a pretty miserable time as you yourself march ever closer to the inevitable end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SimonMills said:

Again, this post is an example of the way that society has been brainwashed into completely disproportionate fear over this virus. "run these places safely?" This virus is not a product of the pub. The virus does not spontaneously appear when we don't follow the arbitrary rules created by self serving scientists and politicians, rules influenced by a petrified general public that they themselves created. The virus isn't closing down the economy, our freedoms and our right to see family members, the government is based on their own arbitrary parameters.

Do people on here actually agree on the whole with these draconian measures? Boris stated very early on that "Every Covid related death is a tragedy". Much that has come afterwards is a direct result of this quite frankly childish mantra. People are aware that mortality is guaranteed as part of the package of life aren't they? If you deem death as tragic (especially the death of very old people) then you're in for a pretty miserable time as you yourself march ever closer to the inevitable end. 

The thing is Si.  People are losing there lives.  It may be people close to death anyway but does that mean we throw them under the bus so uncle nobed can enjoy his pint?

Like it or not, Covid is spread through social situations.  Now nobody is claiming that we can have a covid fee environment however, pubs and in particular drinking venues have made little effort to keep to guidelines.  In alot of cases they have made no effort at all.

Now as much as I think the economy has been needlessly trashed, the opening of drinking venues (not restraunts or food pubs) has been a major mistake.  Keeping them open is stupid.  Like it or not, the cases are going up and deaths have now started to rise.

I don't agree with alot of the measures but I am afraid pubs are completely unnecessary.  Anybody who needs to drink for the good of there own wellbeing has a major problem.

Socialising can be done over a meal in a more controlled way, in homes, whatever.  The opening of pubs gave the message that everything was back to normal, it wasn't.  Closing them again will sharpen the minds a bit that this is going to further cripple us if we don't stop being fuckwits and start doing our bit, you know, social distancing etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Let the blame game begin...

 

E37BCD84-8950-4AB8-8E88-52131BA17BBB.png

AD254EA8-4C26-4E5A-946C-18DD4A860723.png
 

From what I’m told getting a test is a thoroughly Unpleasant experience. Can’t quite imagine people getting them for fun! 

They have been shifting the blame since they let Dom off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Let the blame game begin...

 

E37BCD84-8950-4AB8-8E88-52131BA17BBB.png

AD254EA8-4C26-4E5A-946C-18DD4A860723.png
 

From what I’m told getting a test is a thoroughly Unpleasant experience. Can’t quite imagine people getting them for fun! 

National capacity and local availability are  not the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity the government didn't follow its own rules. A lot of them have had covid then they have the nerve to tell people who have been basically following their rule that we are irresponsible if we get it. 

Hypocrites the lot of them. 

Might go for a drive with family this afternoon to check my vision is working correctly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

The thing is Si.  People are losing there lives.  It may be people close to death anyway but does that mean we throw them under the bus so uncle nobed can enjoy his pint?

...but it's perfectly okay to throw the 99.5% of survivors under the same bus? 

Most who have died are already on a cocktail of drugs that are keeping them artificially alive. They've had a good run. The publicly funded NHS (our tax money) have gone above and beyond in keeping them breathing well beyond what nature intended in a period of extended social stability (in terms of war and disease).

This Covid period could have been shrugged off as one of those acts of nature that we have not got the ability to control, with work done to mitigate future (probably more serious) outbreaks as the outcome. Instead our press, the government and latterly the general public have lost all sense of reality and caused far more harm than good to a greater proportion of society for a more sustained amount of time. Those pensioners financially unaffected by this will continue to support prolonged lock down, selfishly inflicting more misery on the economically active.

For me, those who continue to support the closure of the economy and unnatural, inhumane social distancing guidelines are the selfish ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, SimonMills said:

...but it's perfectly okay to throw the 99.5% of survivors under the same bus? 

Most who have died are already on a cocktail of drugs that are keeping them artificially alive. They've had a good run. The publicly funded NHS (our tax money) have gone above and beyond in keeping them breathing well beyond what nature intended in a period of extended social stability (in terms of war and disease).

This Covid period could have been shrugged off as one of those acts of nature that we have not got the ability to control, with work done to mitigate future (probably more serious) outbreaks as the outcome. Instead our press, the government and latterly the general public have lost all sense of reality and caused far more harm than good to a greater proportion of society for a more sustained amount of time. Those pensioners financially unaffected by this will continue to support prolonged lock down, selfishly inflicting more misery on the economically active.

For me, those who continue to support the closure of the economy and unnatural, inhumane social distancing guidelines are the selfish ones.

Si, I dont completely disagree.  Aspects have been and continue to be detremental when we are talking about other illnesses.  I also swing towards the line of thought that the global response to this has been massively OTT.  I have concerns about how easily governments around the world were able to take away people's civil liberties and how compliant the masses were to this.  I think there is a bigger picture here, something we do not know about and its probably above heads of state paygrades too.  None of it makes sense if you ask me, it just doesn't add up.

However, people are losing lives and no matter how prolonged there lives already are, despite everything I have just said, I have not got it in me to just write that off.  Which is probably why I arent in government lol.

Pubs, drinking pubs not food places.  Dont employ alot in the grand scheme but are contributing a disproportionate amount risk... close them, sends a message and hopefully stops more deaths whilst we figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Surely social distancing is one way of keeping the economy going as if this virus spreads widely, lockdown will be reimposed.  

I think everybody, whatever opinion they have, myself included, needs to do better, otherwise we are going to end up back in full lockdown.

Its no good bickering about clarity of message etc...  we all know by now what we need to do and not do to try and prevent this exploding again.

Edited by Nofinikea
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think everybody, whatever opinion they have, myself included, needs to do better, otherwise we are going to end up back in full lockdown.
Its no good bickering about clarity of message etc...  we all know by now what we need to do and not do to try and prevent this exploding again.
Well said,it's obvious it ain't going away it's up to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy