Coronavirus

robf

1 hour ago, Mario said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/mp-margaret-ferrier-faces-calls-to-resign-for-flouting-covid-rules/ar-BB19Dhyp?ocid=msedgntp

If Sturgeon asks Ferrier to resign, which Ferrier should do, then you have to respect her leadership qualities, quite a political poke in the eye for Boris, who failed miserably to scrap his mentor Cummings and a point scored for the SNP against the government.

What a strange scenario.....

Our SNP MP could have infected hundreds but we sacked her........ 1 to us.?.

A big like putting a wheelchair sticker on your car door every time you run someone over.

Macabre humour?..... or political oneupmanship? 

Advert:

31 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I don't think Cummings travelled to Scotland on public transport after testing positive though?

Thats correct. I didn't say he did though?

Different situations but both put other people in danger and both breaking the rules. 

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

I don't think Cummings travelled to Scotland on public transport after testing positive though?

No, he did it with a person suffering from the disease and a young child in the confined space of his car.  Ferrier should resign and Cummings should have resigned as well or been sacked.  They are both guilty and any attempt to differentiate between the two is daft.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert:

7 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Can she expect a witch-hunt?

She deserves one.

Her apologising may soften the pressure... Im suspect if she sat herself in the rose garden of Strureon's house and told everyone she did nothing wrong leading to people all over the country to lose faith in the governments message, then the pressure would probably go up as deserved.

Sack her.

Lets see if Sturgeon has the cajones to do what scared little boris didnt dare / or couldnt because he wasnt allowed by Durham Dom.

32 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

She deserves one.

Her apologising may soften the pressure... Im suspect if she sat herself in the rose garden of Strureon's house and told everyone she did nothing wrong leading to people all over the country to lose faith in the governments message, then the pressure would probably go up as deserved.

Sack her.

Lets see if Sturgeon has the cajones to do what scared little boris didnt dare / or couldnt because he wasnt allowed by Durham Dom.

I would suggest hitting them with big fines but they would probably claim it back on expenses...... I wonder if the tax payers bought her ticket to break the rules?

25 minutes ago, geosname said:

I would suggest hitting them with big fines but they would probably claim it back on expenses...... I wonder if the tax payers bought her ticket to break the rules?

Surely you don't think MP's pay for their travel do you ?

Advert:

She deserves one.
Sack her.
What power does Sturgeon have over a UK MP, I assume the leader of the SNP in Parliament removes the whip.

18 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:
She deserves one.
Sack her.

What power does Sturgeon have over a UK MP, I assume the leader of the SNP in Parliament removes the whip.

Fair point, it’s been a manic day... whoever gets to fire her should do so!

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Fair point, it’s been a manic day... whoever gets to fire her should do so!

I do not know the SNP rules for sacking MPs or anyone from the SNP,  she could still stay as a MP,  the simplest way is if she resigns and there is a by-election. 

• Like 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Why is the situation so bad?

According to Boris it's because people have become complacent over the virus and there has been a fraying of people's discipline. 

He could be right. I thought people's discipline was pretty good at the beginning when the panic first set in..... but then we had the police who admitted they didn't understand the rules so struggled to enforce them, actively joining groups who were not social distancing.... then dozy Dom totaly ignoring them with no repercussions..... protests going ahead defying social distancing... Boris getting confused about how many people made up a group of six...... his father ignoring the mask rule with no consequence... jezza playing Hendrix if six were nine at a dinner party with no consequences..... and the police "launching" an "investigation" into whether and regulations have been breached by an MP who has admitted breaking them knowing she had tested positive. It makes you wonder if Joe public get an investigation before they get slapped with a fine.

If the police, MPs, ex party leaders, the PM and his family and the people who made the rules don't understand or follow the rules how the hell can we reasonably expect Joe public to understand or follow them.