13 hours ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

The BBC is the envy of the world. A subscription basis would destroy everything that makes it unique.

I regard it as truly astonishing value at £3 per week.

It is a pity some people cannot see this. But then human nature is that you never appreciate something until it is gone.

Both Nerflix and Amazon are cheaper.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

mine the rise in positive tests (its not necessarily a rise in cases) is because we are getting better at targeting it.  Only the random test numbers would give us a true picture of if its on the up or not.  Tests targeted at hunting the virus wont tell us that.

mine the rise in positive tests (its not necessarily a rise in cases) is because we are getting better at targeting it.  Only the random test numbers would give us a true picture of if its on the up or not.  Tests targeted at hunting the virus wont tell us that.
Carrying out more tests in poor densely populated areas that cannot afford to isolate will find more cases. Maybe those areas become immune before the rest of the country? Just a thought.

14 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Carrying out more tests in poor densely populated areas that cannot afford to isolate will find more cases. Maybe those areas become immune before the rest of the country? Just a thought.

Maybe.  My point is, the increase in numbers could be an indicator that we are testing better, rather than testing more.

12 hours ago, bycars rob said:

I don`t know what the connection is between the BBC and coronavirus but cases have increased dramatically to nearly 3000, not good news. 

See previous post a couple of pages back which mentioned BBC reporters harassing kids returning to schools. 

On 06/09/2020 at 17:55, Tony Rodriguez said:

The BBC is the envy of the world. A subscription basis would destroy everything that makes it unique.

I regard it as truly astonishing value at £3 per week.

It is a pity some people cannot see this. But then human nature is that you never appreciate something until it is gone.

I think it is a rip off at £3 a week. Very few good programmes, they don’t bid for the Football which has the highest viewing. If people want to pay £3 a week then fair enough but for everyone else it is about time they put adverts in to cover their cost. Why should I and others have to pay a tv licence to watch Sky TV?  Bit like having to pay for a phone line I never use to have broadband, about time someone came up with a broadband package that you don’t have to pay for a phone line or nominal fee at least.

Edited by philpvfc

10 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I think it is a rip off at £3 a week. Very few good programmes, they don’t bid for the Football which has the highest viewing. If people want to pay £3 a week then fair enough but for everyone else it is about time they put adverts in to cover their cost. Why should I and others have to pay a tv licence to watch Sky TV?  Bit like having to pay for a phone line I never use to have broadband, about time someone came up with a broadband package that you don’t have to pay for a phone line or nominal fee at least.

Well worth it not to have  Murdoch News until he gets his way. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, philpvfc said:

You can.

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

So what? Schools are safe because it is clear as day that this virus is safe to circulate around children. Does it really matter if there is an "outbreak" in a school? No, but then again most people who read this post have been crippled with fear over the past 6 months so won't have a proper perception of risk anymore. Will their parents end up in hospital? No. Will they make their grandparents sick? Very unlikely unless they're on deaths door already. People need to stop focusing on the egotistical politicians and the self serving press and start thinking for themselves.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SimonMills said:

So what? Schools are safe because it is clear as day that this virus is safe to circulate around children. Does it really matter if there is an "outbreak" in a school? No, but then again most people who read this post have been crippled with fear over the past 6 months so won't have a proper perception of risk anymore. Will their parents end up in hospital? No. Will they make their grandparents sick? Very unlikely unless they're on deaths door already. People need to stop focusing on the egotistical politicians and the self serving press and start thinking for themselves.

Unfortunately when dealing with the general public, figure it out for yourselves doesn’t help.

I can’t imagine the inbreads around Crewe will get the the right answer.

They need clear, simple instructions. 

You don't have any sick relatives or friends?

1 hour ago, SimonMills said:

If kids didn't have parents and grandparents and maybe greatgrandparents there may not be a problem...... providing we keep them off the streets, off public transport and out of shops etc...... where other people go.

A great deterrent would be a new law....

If you transmit covid and someone dies...... you have to die too.

Just a thought. 😊

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
3 hours ago, SimonMills said:

You don't have any sick relatives or friends?

I don't get your point. I have some elderly relatives (80s) but they've not asked for the economy to be shut down on their behalf. You may have noticed that the waiting list for NHS treatment is several million. Having an ailment and catching Covid does not result in guaranteed death. Unfortunately mis-information has resulted in millions of people unnecessarily shielding, exasperating their conditions going into the winter as a direct result of isolation caused by scaremongering.

Can you tell me the survival rate of those who have been diagnosed with Covid in Carehomes? Considering 30% of care home residents die within 12 months of entering the care home system the stats might surprise you.

59 minutes ago, SimonMills said:

I don't get your point. I have some elderly relatives (80s) but they've not asked for the economy to be shut down on their behalf. You may have noticed that the waiting list for NHS treatment is several million. Having an ailment and catching Covid does not result in guaranteed death. Unfortunately mis-information has resulted in millions of people unnecessarily shielding, exasperating their conditions going into the winter as a direct result of isolation caused by scaremongering.

Can you tell me the survival rate of those who have been diagnosed with Covid in Carehomes? Considering 30% of care home residents die within 12 months of entering the care home system the stats might surprise you.

Isolation wasn't introduced to save the people, it was to save the NHS.