8 hours ago, For Us All said:

Job done.

You don't need a licence to listen to the radio.

Let us know how the cancellation process went? Was it easy? How do you do it? And do let us know if anyone knocks on your door or send threatening letters.

Also which streaming services are you using and how are you accessing them? This is a great test case and could inspire other people to do that same!

Do you turn the radio off when the news comes on to avoid the “lefty” propaganda?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Can we please stop politicising this situation.  It's nowt to do with Tory/Labour/Leaver/Remain.  It's a situation in which we all need to be sensible, listen to advice, stop being so bloody selfish i

Posted Images

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/05/desperate-boris-johnson-to-step-up-personal-attacks-on-keir-starmer

Boris Trump! 

Interesting to read that their is evidence that his own party are losing faith in him (no worries, he can get advice from Tony Abbott who was booted as leader mid term for being as useful as a waterproof teabag)

According to the latest survey of Tory members by ConservativeHome, the website for party activists, Johnson is now in the bottom third of cabinet ministers in the satisfaction ratings.

Now Johnson has slumped to 19th place, below Baroness Evans, the leader of the House of Lords, with a rating of plus 24.6%. Sunak meanwhile is out in front on plus 82.5%.

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Let us know how the cancellation process went? Was it easy? How do you do it? And do let us know if anyone knocks on your door or send threatening letters.

Also which streaming services are you using and how are you accessing them? This is a great test case and could inspire other people to do that same!

Do you turn the radio off when the news comes on to avoid the “lefty” propaganda?

Not really,they don't really discuss politics on the Radio Stoke football coverage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/05/desperate-boris-johnson-to-step-up-personal-attacks-on-keir-starmer

Boris Trump! 

Interesting to read that their is evidence that his own party are losing faith in him (no worries, he can get advice from Tony Abbott who was booted as leader mid term for being as useful as a waterproof teabag)

According to the latest survey of Tory members by ConservativeHome, the website for party activists, Johnson is now in the bottom third of cabinet ministers in the satisfaction ratings.

Now Johnson has slumped to 19th place, below Baroness Evans, the leader of the House of Lords, with a rating of plus 24.6%. Sunak meanwhile is out in front on plus 82.5%.

There are plenty of failed leaders about....... even more failed MPs 

And plenty of people who refuse to acknowledge that and are willing to back them blindly to the bitter end. 

Can't argue with that, but that's blind party support.

I've noticed over the decades that the opposition are always the good guys ............ until they get elected.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

If it was only that easy.......

I wish it was, the sooner the BBC goes to a subscription service, instead of a compulsory tax the better although it seems that Tim Davie is getting a handle on things.

The BBC is the envy of the world. A subscription basis would destroy everything that makes it unique.

I regard it as truly astonishing value at £3 per week.

It is a pity some people cannot see this. But then human nature is that you never appreciate something until it is gone.

Edited by Tony Rodriguez
  • Like 2

On 04/09/2020 at 12:30, Iron Curtain said:

That's easily done FUA. Its one of the defund arguments you can ACTUALLY do, all by yourself.

Stop paying your license and get all your content through streaming services which almost all other channels provide.

As you feel so strongly about this I look forward to you updating us once on how it works out, that may persuade others to do the same. 

Ironic that this is the exact logic we've used with regards to our membership of the European Union.

1 hour ago, Mario said:

I wish it was, the sooner the BBC goes to a subscription service, instead of a compulsory tax the better although it seems that Tim Davie is getting a handle on things.

He certainly is and it's a breath of fresh air after the last four years of political bias,particularly against anybody who voted for Brexit and the Tories.

Plain for everybody to see and it's a crime that they are able to take £4billion from millions of people they don't represent.

3 hours ago, bycars rob said:

I don`t know what the connection is between the BBC and coronavirus but cases have increased dramatically to nearly 3000, not good news. 

I noticed the rise in daily cases and the big jump yesterday...... but daily deaths are low and hospital cases are steady...... average deaths have gone up over the norm....... and testing is getting stretched.

It could indicate a number of possibilities.

We could see a sudden jump in deaths and hospital admissions after the incubation period (14-28 days)

The virus is now moving amongst the younger less vulnerable of the population.

The virus has mutated and become less deadly.

Some conditions, that made it so virulent, changed and are changing back (weather/temperature/etc).

I don't think the number of new cases, on its own, is a big concern...... as long as the death rate doesn't show a dramatic increase and hospital admissions stays low.

Personally I think we are still in the calm before the second storm.

If you looked at the map of areas of concern on the BBC website you will have noticed the areas are spreading...... the next 14 days could be crucial.