• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

Some of us mentioned getting testing done at local GP surgeries and health centres months ago (as public health experts would confirm) but instead we went down this privatised route of handing over billions of pounds of work to friends of the Cabinet, Serco and the like, and we are where we are. Unless test and trace is sorted very quickly and the numbers go up a lot we're in for a long winter.

12 hours ago, vale victory said:

What won’t help kids is when reporters stand waiting for them to get off a school bus at the school then shouting “ do you think you will be safe “ when they are walking into school .

Shocking by the BBC , if kids aren’t nervous enough about going back .

The media have been disgraceful throughout this pandemic

The Anti-British Broadcasting Corporation.

#DefundTheBBC

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Some of us mentioned getting testing done at local GP surgeries and health centres months ago (as public health experts would confirm) but instead we went down this privatised route of handing over billions of pounds of work to friends of the Cabinet, Serco and the like, and we are where we are. Unless test and trace is sorted very quickly and the numbers go up a lot we're in for a long winter.

Best dealt with at community level, not by a centralised for profit faceless disaster..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/04/manchester-airports-group-calls-urgent-covid-testing-arrivals

Omnishambles

RB asked me a while ago what would need to happen for me to be happy with our response against the potential second wave. One of the points I made was testing of everyone that lands from danger areas and a proper quarantine approach which didn't include someone getting public transport home and being left alone to make the decision to quarantine or not.

I'm putting a big red cross next to that one.

On 03/09/2020 at 10:36, For Us All said:

The Anti-British Broadcasting Corporation.

#DefundTheBBC

That's easily done FUA. Its one of the defund arguments you can ACTUALLY do, all by yourself.

Stop paying your license and get all your content through streaming services which almost all other channels provide.

As you feel so strongly about this I look forward to you updating us once on how it works out, that may persuade others to do the same. 

35 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

That's easily done FUA. Its one of the defund arguments you can ACTUALLY do, all by yourself.

Stop paying your license and get all your content through streaming services which almost all other channels provide.

As you feel so strongly about this I look forward to you updating us once on how it works out, that may persuade others to do the same. 

Its unlikely the threatening letters will stop....... followed by a warrant.

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not sure I understand this Geo? 

I'm having a slow day.

Then BBC collection program follows a set procedure.  First come the reminders with the opportunity to purchase followed by threatening letters and culminating in a warrant to enter premises to see if you have been using services or have access to services...... not in every case.

It doesn't matter that you tell them you don't use the service. The licence fee (tax) covers all live services, not just the BBC. 

30 minutes ago, geosname said:

Then BBC collection program follows a set procedure.  First come the reminders with the opportunity to purchase followed by threatening letters and culminating in a warrant to enter premises to see if you have been using services or have access to services...... not in every case.

It doesn't matter that you tell them you don't use the service. The licence fee (tax) covers all live services, not just the BBC. 

Ahhhh agreed.

But FUA seems very anti the BBC. I'm suggesting he stops using live service completely. Move to all subscription based.

He has an ACTUAL chance to defund the BBC rather than just rant about it on a forum.  

On 04/09/2020 at 12:30, Iron Curtain said:

Did it for a year and had the BBC or whoever come checking my house. All they look for is no tv aerial in the back of my tv and they didn’t check upstairs.

22 hours ago, geosname said:

I didn’t have a letter, they knocked on my door and asked to come in as they were checking to see if I was using live tv. I didn’t refuse them entry so don’t know wether they had the right but as I mentioned they only checked to see if the aerial was connected to the tv in my lounge.

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I didn’t have a letter, they knocked on my door and asked to come in as they were checking to see if I was using live tv. I didn’t refuse them entry so don’t know wether they had the right but as I mentioned they only checked to see if the aerial was connected to the tv in my lounge.

They had no right of entry without a warrant.