Jump to content
robf

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

It is definitely the dead heads that are going to slow the tide turning that's for sure.

It's all very simple and, got to say, fair enough.

I think we all accept there will be some form of lockdown at some point but if people just stick to this it will be for as little time as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Is advice from the WHO reliable?

They are currently being investigated after allegations of racism,sexism and misconduct at the United Nations agency.

E-mails have accused the WHO of 'crooked recruitment and selection'.

The allegations include claims that funds intended for the Ebola outbreak in west Africa were misused,with staff fabricating a mission,so that a senior employees girlfriend,a junior professional could join him during the Ebola response.

 

I think blindly choosing to follow chinese or Italian scientists over british is a bit silly.

Every new step that is taken by the Government has a cost. It is not as easy as saying "close the schools to stop the spread" without doing a full analysis of the impact of closing schools. How many kids will go without food, how many are in vulnerable situations in terms of safeguarding, how many parents are taken out of the workforce to care for them, what is the mental, physical and educational impact on them etc. 

 

We just need to follow the Government advice which we know is based on the expert advice they are given. We dont have another choice.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TylerB said:

People generally do get it. But for some reason there's a crowd that believe they would just be able to deal with it like they would a cold should they get it. They don't give a toss about spreading it around just as long as they think that they'll be alright. As life can be extremely unfair it will largely be the one's who had obeyed orders and took the advice given to them on board that have to suffer no doubt. Now is the time to start fining and potentially threatening the numpties with jail time if that's what it will take.

Jail isn't realistic.  Just taser the stupid buggers so they think twice about repeating their stupidity.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some people the penny will only drop when somebody they know gets it.  Of course by then, it's probably too late.

Been out on my bike today, on my own.  Lots of people out walking, couples but loads of space around and no problem. In quite a rural area though.

I really hope that people start to listen so we dont have to be put in some sort of lockdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheSage said:

Spot on.

The advice from the WHO and from Italy and China was to test and isolate asap, and not let the fire burn, thinking you can control it. We needed to learn from other countries and follow their advice.

Let's hope we can turn this tide sooner rather than later but there will be a lot of questions asked when we've got through it all.

Sage, The Chinese were in denial over the virus and tried to cover up it's existence, threat and initially claimed it could not spread to humans, the Chinese government even persecuted Chinese Scientists/Doctors who tried to get information out. It was only when information got out about it infecting humans and human cases were observed in the West that  the World began to wake up.

At least  11/2 months were lost to combat the spread of the virus by the actions of the Chinese Government.

Trump banned all travel from Wuhan and surrounding areas to the USA on 31 January 2020 after the first human case was identified in the USA, an action which prevented the initial high spike in cases in the USA as was seen in Italy. At the time Trump was called a racist, a bigot etc but there is no doubt his decision saved thousands of American lives.

Now is not the time to politicize this corona virus outbreak and you're right, all countries should learn from and help each another.  However, since this is the 2nd dangerous novel virus to come out of China in the last 20 years China in particular needs to answer some serious questions at the very least.

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of talk about Virus-Shedding being a concerning method of how the virus is being spread by people who are asympomatic or presymptomatic. Very worrying and really highlights the importance of social-distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

For some people the penny will only drop when somebody they know gets it.  Of course by then, it's probably too late.

Been out on my bike today, on my own.  Lots of people out walking, couples but loads of space around and no problem. In quite a rural area though.

I really hope that people start to listen so we dont have to be put in some sort of lockdown.

Spot on that is.  I think there are a lot of people in denial about the seriousness of this.  I was sceptical about it at first, if I'm perfectly honest, but we do need to protect the nhs.  For me, it's when that becomes overloaded that we really would see a disaster and the government decisions we're seeing are definitely about managing that.

I live pretty rural and have been out walking both days this weekend with the dog and enjoyed it.  I havent seen too many people.  But I havent gone far and have observed the rules.

The scenes from snowdonia on the news are a joke.  There is no difference in that to being in a boozer, no way.  

I think a lockdown of some sort is inevitable. If every single soul in this country did not move a muscle for a fortnight I still think we'd lock down for a time. I do feel we're doing the right thing in planning the moment to do it as doing it too early clearly does not work.  Italy went for it straight off and what's happening there is unbelievable. However you do manage this thing, it ain't what they're doing.

But the idiots will bring this on sooner.  Which could prove more dangerous I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Sage, The Chinese were in denial over the virus and tried to cover up it's existence, threat and initially claimed it could not spread to humans, the Chinese government even persecuted Chinese Scientists/Doctors who tried to get information out. It was only when information got out about it infecting humans and human cases were observed in the West that  the World began to wake up.

At least  11/2 months were lost to combat the spread of the virus by the actions of the Chinese Government.

Trump banned all travel from Wuhan and surrounding areas to the USA on 31 January 2020 after the first human case was identified in the USA, an action which prevented the initial high spike in cases in the USA as was seen in Italy. At the time Trump was called a racist, a bigot etc but there is no doubt his decision saved thousands of American lives.

Now is not the time to politicize this corona virus outbreak and you're right, all countries should learn from and help each another.  However, since this is the 2nd dangerous novel virus to come out of China in the last 20 years China in particular needs to answer some serious questions at the very least.

For anyone who has a few minutes to spare, here is a compelling account of how the trade in wildlife is linked to Covid-19, including the wt market in Wuhan itself.

Compelling viewing.

I should add, for those of a nervous disposition, that there are a few scenes of practices we wouldn't tolerate in the UK.

Edited by CambridgeDon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Apparently Macron phoned Johnson in Friday morning and told him if he didn’t take stricter measures in the UK the French border would be closed to us. Then we had the pub closures and stuff on Friday afternoon. 
 

When Macron announced the stricter measures in France on a Friday it was followed up by strict enforcement measures in the following Monday. 

Apparently the French and underfire Macron who has to prove to the country he is tough has...............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8137039/French-border-guards-impound-trucks-filled-130-000-face-masks-bound-Britain.html?ito=native_share_article-top&fbclid=IwAR3PRzES2j-J6wwW0LkERLbTHUhdO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

For anyone who has a few minutes to spare, here is a compelling account of how the trade in wildlife is linked to Covid-19, including the wt market in Wuhan itself.

Compelling viewing.

I should add, for those of a nervous disposition, that there are a few scenes of practices we wouldn't tolerate in the UK.

Disgusting.

Absolutely no place for that in the world.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Disgusting.

Absolutely no place for that in the world.

 

Words fail................................................................................................................................................................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

For anyone who has a few minutes to spare, here is a compelling account of how the trade in wildlife is linked to Covid-19, including the wt market in Wuhan itself.

Compelling viewing.

I should add, for those of a nervous disposition, that there are a few scenes of practices we wouldn't tolerate in the UK.

The video says it all CD, appalling and it needs stopping and policing/monitoring independently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to a lack of definitive information and facts it is acceptable to assume common sence would prevail...... it's an unacceptable assumption that people have common sence.

If there is an unseen killer lurking outside your door common sence would suggest you don't go out the door unless it's necessary..... essential.

If your income may reduces common sence would suggest you reduce expenditure not increase by stockpiling things you may not need and could have been handled by a contaminated handler somewhere in the chain.

I dont think people congregating in pubs, marathons, or anywhere is selfish.... it's just plain stupidity.... I would also suggest that if you think a drink down the pub, an extra pack of bog rolls, a concert, sporting event or anything similar is essential to survival the single brain cell you have is malfunctioning..... however much you may enjoy them you can live without them.... and it's much easier than living with the knowledge that you have infected someone you care about and you had to watch them suffer or die.

To all the fit and healthy people who think it can't affect them I would remind you that a virus not so long ago killed more healthy people than normal because it sent the immune system into overdrive..... it had less effect on weaker immune systems..... and viruses have a tendancy to mutate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dallas  in lockdown now, and the word is that Houston will start lockdown tomorrow.  Houston , with a metro population of 5 million, has 166 cases , 2 deaths and 7 recoveries as of today. 
It’s about to get worse in the next month . 

Edited by Houston Valiant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

Dallas  in lockdown now, and the word is that Houston will start lockdown tomorrow.  Houston , with a metro population of 5 million, has 166 cases , 2 deaths and 7 recoveries as of today. 
It’s about to get worse in the next month . 

Stay safe mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Disgusting.

Absolutely no place for that in the world.

 

They started from the basic need to survive..... to eat.

It developed into a profitable business enabled by the government relaxing rules from eating wild animals to farming them..... and making them a natural resource.

In all honesty if my life depended on it I would eat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geosname said:

They started from the basic need to survive..... to eat.

It developed into a profitable business enabled by the government relaxing rules from eating wild animals to farming them..... and making them a natural resource.

In all honesty if my life depended on it I would eat them.

Yes, me too.

But that need isnt there anymore, I dont think?

A lot of that is for the medicine trade too, according to that report.  And that's an abomination in itself.

I understand how it came about when Mao's policies killed millions.  But the only reason that's still going on now is profitability. 

There is no place for it now.

It's caused four major outbreaks.

They ban it and when all goes quiet it gets un-banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STAY AT HOME,LOOK AFTER YOURSELVES,HELP  THOSE WHO ARE HELPING US.I expect a total lockdown very soon.Those who went out and think they are immune let’s hope your selfishness hasn’t  killed anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

STAY AT HOME,LOOK AFTER YOURSELVES,HELP  THOSE WHO ARE HELPING US.I expect a total lockdown very soon.Those who went out and think they are immune let’s hope your selfishness hasn’t  killed anyone.

It's easy to criticise Boris here, but he is playing catch up, he shut the schools after Scotland and Wales did, he closed pubs after a media assault. He has got to be proactive Lockdown now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy