Coronavirus

robf

It isn`t much to ask is it to wear a mask when in public places? It seems the height of selfishness to put your human right to do as you please above the health and possibly life of someone else.

I have worked all day in a heavy rubber respirator and yes it is annoying but 10 minutes in a mask is nothing snowflakes.

They may not be 100% effective but as my old boss at Bodgitt and Scarper used to say half a job is better then none.

Edited by bycars rob

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Have people been moaning about wearing masks then? 

One day last week, at the supermarket where my daughter works, there were several customers not wearing masks, then a policeman came in to buy a drink and instantly they all reached into their pockets and pulled out a mask.

it seems they are more concerned about a £100 fine then killing themselves and somebody else.

Latest figures from the ONS say that for week ending 24th July the number of deaths registered in England and Wales was 1.8% below the five-year average (161 deaths fewer),this is the sixth consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average.

5 hours ago, bycars rob said:

It isn`t much to ask is it to wear a mask when in public places? It seems the height of selfishness to put your human right to do as you please above the health and possibly life of someone else.

I have worked all day in a heavy rubber respirator and yes it is annoying but 10 minutes in a mask is nothing snowflakes.

They may not be 100% effective but as my old boss at Bodgitt and Scarper used to say half a job is better then none.

I think you've completely missed the point on masks. It's obviously a gamble from the government who are pandering to the Covid wimps, the Covid brainwashed and the downright thick in order to get them to go out to the shops again. It has nothing to do with health benefits. Unfortunately evidence suggests that the masks have actually had the opposite affect in getting people back to the high street. 

If you really think that getting the general public to wear homemade face-masks during the 30 seconds they spend in the petrol station paying for fuel (whilst driving to a restaurant to go mask-less for hours on end in an enclosed space) is a health strategy then you're mistaken. From my point of view, facemasks are symbolic, and for the already brainwashed and disproportionately frightened they enforce fear. The only way to get out of this colossal mess is to accept mortality, get out of the covid haze, and stop pandering to the ill informed living in totally disproportionate fear. Muzzling England up 122 days into lockdown is completely the wrong message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Latest figures from the ONS say that for week ending 24th July the number of deaths registered in England and Wales was 1.8% below the five-year average (161 deaths fewer),this is the sixth consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average.

No suprise really. Many of the 7,500 women 33% who have "died from Covid" in this country have been over 90. A significant percentage wouldn't have lasted another 6 months. The excess deaths curve will dip for a couple of months, prior to another increase as the true cost of lockdown on the health of the nation catches up.

Masks do not stop the wearer catching the virus..... they have a limited effect on the spread from the wearer to other people and the things they come into contact with.

The simple act of breathing runs the risk of spreading the virus to others and inanimate objects close enough to be contaminated.

A number of shops, supermarkets, government buildings etc here will not allow access without a temperature check, mask, name, address, telephone number and a splash of sanitizer.

7 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Have people been moaning about wearing masks then? 

Literally on this thread

17 hours ago, portvaleofbelvoir said:

I didn’t say it was a positive but I think his intention is good although I disagree with it. I apologise if it came across another way.

i believe we are now being played as fools but they panicked in the first place. I really do not understand why they think the lockdowns work. When there is a virus about it has always been prudent for the vulnerable to be protected and not to quarantine the healthy. 
Please believe me I have seen websites where it has stated 1 million. I have said I don’t know what the true level was.
As for this thing about face masks saving lives then no I don’t think there is sufficient evidence to show that they protect you against a virus. These masks are designed to stop bacteria getting into wounds during surgery. The WHO are alleged to have only changed their advice due to political pressure.

please see the video here 4:28 is where the WHO are mentioned https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08krw69

Like I said, there’s a choice between the minor inconvenience of wearing a face mask and possibly saving lives,  and being selfish and not. Is it really that much of an issue, to the point of protesting? 

http://files.fast.ai/papers/masks_lit_review.pdf

2 hours ago, The Waterboy said:

I think you've completely missed the point on masks. It's obviously a gamble from the government who are pandering to the Covid wimps, the Covid brainwashed and the downright thick in order to get them to go out to the shops again. It has nothing to do with health benefits. Unfortunately evidence suggests that the masks have actually had the opposite affect in getting people back to the high street. 

Or instead of wimps and being thick, some are just willing to put up with minor inconvenience if there’s  a possibility it may save lives, and are secure enough not to feel wimpy about it. 

It blows my mind how people can become so angry and politicised over wearing a protective face mask. 

Edited by Andyregs
  • Haha 1

Could be worse though. At least we don’t have someone leading us through a pandemic who looks like he’s taking part in a comedy sketch from The Office.

https://twitter.com/meenaharris/status/1290529678252531712?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1290529678252531712|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffpost.com%2Fentry%2Ftrump-axios-interview_n_5f290ee6c5b656e9b09fc1ec

21 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Could be worse though. At least we don’t have someone leading us through a pandemic who looks like he’s taking part in a comedy sketch from The Office.

https://twitter.com/meenaharris/status/1290529678252531712?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1290529678252531712|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffpost.com%2Fentry%2Ftrump-axios-interview_n_5f290ee6c5b656e9b09fc1ec

Talking of the Office,look up what Ricky  Gervais thinks of Twitter? 🚽😲