robf

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

A lass on BBC has just said that there is currently a billion pounds worth more food in folks homes than there was a couple of weeks ago.  That is utter madness.  England has a considerable number of extremely selfish, inconsiderate people who give no thought at all to the needs of others.  Some of the behaviour we have seen recently has been quite shameful.

I don't do food shopping, mrs does that, but went with her on Thursday, the number of youngish women late 20's early 30's struggling to carry 4-5 carrier bags out of the shop, was ridiculous, they will cause a shortage of orthopaedic beds in a few years time...

On 19/03/2020 at 20:16, toyahw said:

Okay, my wife had the second test  positive,  she's really not well but stable. Not in intensive care. Can't visit her. Not allowed. 

Sorry to hear that. I'll say a prayer for her recovery, and all your family. We're all in this together. 

• Like 1

I wonder how many people will be screaming when the credit card bills come in for all the stock piling they have done and no salary to cover it?

The supermarkets must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm not surprised politicians think the public are stupid.

9 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

It isn`t surprising after the tories claiming years ago there was no such thing as society and constantly knocking public servants, self reliance has become self preservation and total selfishness.

Only in this time of crisis have they recognised the vital role of the public services and not just for how much money their business friends can exploit from them. 

grow up and stop being bitter, this selfishness and "I/ME" attitude started when H&S and Human rights, came in years ago, teachers couldn't punish, nor could parents so the kids grew out of control, now they have kids and they do what the parents do...no thoughts of others just self self self....and I think the govt. is doing all it can to fight this virus, and help the people all it can, the corbyn chicken has kept his head down ,their front bench quiet as church mice, only red mac's said anything and that was "not enough",

It's the usual story really. 99% of people are decent, nice and helpful. 1% are selfish knob heads who ruin it for everyone.

• Like 2

It doesn't matter how long most of us say stop being selfish to people, it's not going to make one bit of difference. Some are too selfish and self-important to care, while others just aren't intelligent enough to actually get it, to get the severity of the situation. The only way to stop these people will be by bringing in even former rules and laws and threatening people with fines and jail time.

Edited by TylerB

Went to the local shop earlier for milk and some fruit,didn't see anyone trying to take advantage by bulk buying but the social distancing is not being adhered to,it's being proved that close contact can cause the spread so why don't people follow it ? I hope and pray it doesn't need a few high profile cases for the selfish to understand how serious this situation is.

17 minutes ago, Mario said:

Went to the local shop earlier for milk and some fruit,didn't see anyone trying to take advantage by bulk buying but the social distancing is not being adhered to,it's being proved that close contact can cause the spread so why don't people follow it ? I hope and pray it doesn't need a few high profile cases for the selfish to understand how serious this situation is.

This is starting to get to me, the lack of social distancing...  

Its madness and forces the government to get more and more draconian as time goes by.  We are going to have to have complete lockdowns to stop the stupid and ignorant from killing people.

4 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

This is starting to get to me, the lack of social distancing...  

Its madness and forces the government to get more and more draconian as time goes by.  We are going to have to have complete lockdowns to stop the stupid and ignorant from killing people.

Agreed it is sheer madness another 53 cases today aged between 41 and 91 all with underlying health problems.

Whose going to police the lockdowns the much maligned Police ? who are probably more understaffed than the NHS and stretched past their limit.

If you saw Cops like us the other night on BBC 2, Staffs  Police don't stand a chance

Any new cases being reported now were most likely infected a week or more ago and a lot of the metrics are lagging.

I've been told that they have predicted a big spike in demand for ventilators/ICU beds at some point in the next 10 days and it may not peak until maybe 12 weeks' time. Everybody is hoping it's wrong but that's the scenario being planned for.

Just now, Santa said:

Any new cases being reported now were most likely infected over a week ago and a lot of the metrics are by their nature lagging ones. We don't have the first idea of the full extent of this or the symptomless people mixing in our communities at the moment.

I've been told that they have predicted a big spike in demand for ventilators/ICU beds at some point in the next 10 days and it may not peak until maybe 12 weeks' time. Everybody is hoping it's wrong but that's the scenario being planned for.

QE hospital have stated today they believe that many people are picking the virus up in London from petrol pumps, beware wear głoves, and wash hands asap.

Another beware is Credit card machines, use Contactless instead of pressing buttons.

2 hours ago, Davebrad said:

grow up and stop being bitter, this selfishness and "I/ME" attitude started when H&S and Human rights, came in years ago, teachers couldn't punish, nor could parents so the kids grew out of control, now they have kids and they do what the parents do...no thoughts of others just self self self....and I think the govt. is doing all it can to fight this virus, and help the people all it can, the corbyn chicken has kept his head down ,their front bench quiet as church mice, only red mac's said anything and that was "not enough",

The labour party are putting aside political differences to work together to not undermine the message from govt. I am not bitter but Thatcherism fuelled selfish, greedy attitudes from which we are seeing today.

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

The labour party are putting aside political differences to work together to not undermine the message from govt. I am not bitter but Thatcherism fuelled selfish, greedy attitudes from which we are seeing today.

I was a Labour supporter but during this time I want them to just shut up and say nothing.

So far Boris has surrounded himself with experts and is listening.  In fact he is dealing with this so well, I almost wish I had voted for him.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

So far Boris has surrounded himself with experts and is listening.  In fact he is dealing with this so well, I almost wish I had voted for him.

Johnson’s advisers and the botched idea of herd immunity have cost us valuable time. 

• Like 2

Folks, I’m not a medic but have contacts within the profession. Two hotspots for contracting the virus apparently are off petrol pumps and handles of supermarket trolleys. The answer to this is wear gloves, don’t be thinking I must look stupid, just do it. I know I will be from now on. I guess gloves should now be warm at all times and then washed when taken home. I don’t intend to scaremonger, I don’t know why the government haven’t told us this, unless it deemed common sense

6 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Folks, I’m not a medic but have contacts within the profession. Two hotspots for contracting the virus apparently are off petrol pumps and handles of supermarket trolleys. The answer to this is wear gloves, don’t be thinking I must look stupid, just do it. I know I will be from now on. I guess gloves should now be warm at all times and then washed when taken home. I don’t intend to scaremonger, I don’t know why the government haven’t told us this, unless it deemed common sense

If you need to use gloves for the pumps perhaps rubber gloves are the best - keep in the car and easy to wash after use.

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If you need to use gloves for the pumps perhaps rubber gloves are the best - keep in the car and easy to wash after use.

Good advice, but dont forget gloves still carry the virus .........