Jump to content
robf

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, toyahw said:

My wife has it now. No way if you live with that person can you self isolate. It is just a matter of time. And hope for the best.

I hope she recovers quickly.

Stay safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I'm no financial expert but I was delighted to see the economic measures announced by the Chancellor today. 

 

I've not listened to it today just heard the summary on the talksport news.

I'm probably wrong, but my understanding is that this is all loan isnt it? Ie, these businesses are going to have to pay this all back at some point.

Not easy at all with who knows how much lost revenue.

The world after this could look a good bit different.  Its hurting us big time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, toyahw said:

I can't believe Mrs TW was so stupid as to have a case in her office Thursday and ignore it. The son in law has it. So does our son. It is just a matter of time.... for us.

Sorry to hear about that, speedy recovery for all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a great surprise really. All work for international companies and have come into a lot of contact with people from high risk areas. All are just bad fluey at the moment.

There must be a joke in there somewhere about socially distancing from your wife. Hard thing to do in practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Just heard it again and it does say Grant's for wages so that's a big boost for people at least

I think there's a mix between loans (low/no interest for 12 months) and tax deferrals to aid cash flow, along with cash grants and the new wage protection scheme which i don't think have to be repaid.

 

It's an absolutely amazing package whichever way you look at it, nothing like it ever before. I have been pleasantly surprised with how responsible businesses have been generally, there's been a few stories of lay offs but I'm sure those decisions were not taken lightly.

 

There's only one more step to stop it now - actually enforced lockdown. Pretty much a waiting game to see where we stand in 2/4/6+ weeks.

 

I hope everyone stays fit and healthy, we're in for a tough few months.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Just heard it again and it does say Grant's for wages so that's a big boost for people at least

Guaranteeing 80% of wages for people off work.Companies can pay the additional 20% if they wish

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Not a great surprise really. All work for international companies and have come into a lot of contact with people from high risk areas. All are just bad fluey at the moment.

There must be a joke in there somewhere about socially distancing from your wife. Hard thing to do in practice.

Hope you and yours get well soon,toywah.Have you got a garden shed or a cellar or a loft?

Edited by Howjy04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Hope you and yours get well soon,toywah.Have you got a garden shed or a cellar or a loft?

Yeah, but you've got to look after the bugger, which you can't do from the shed. Till death do us... and what not.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the sick bag out.....Angela Smith fawning over the owners of Stoke City because they have guaranteed the wages of the staff.

With the money slushing around that club and the owners business funds it would have been criminal if they hadn't,remind me how much does Denise Coates take out of Bet 365 ? and don't tell me they give a lot of money to charity, so they should, it's obscene the amount of money they make out of gambling.and peoples misery, so the least they can do is pay some back into the community.Rant over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toyahw said:

Not a great surprise really. All work for international companies and have come into a lot of contact with people from high risk areas. All are just bad fluey at the moment.

There must be a joke in there somewhere about socially distancing from your wife. Hard thing to do in practice.

I no doubt speak on behalf of everyone here when I say all the best to you and yours buddy.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I no doubt speak on behalf of everyone here when I say all the best to you and yours buddy.

Thanks. The support is much appreciated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mario said:

Just got the sick bag out.....Angela Smith fawning over the owners of Stoke City because they have guaranteed the wages of the staff.

With the money slushing around that club and the owners business funds it would have been criminal if they hadn't,remind me how much does Denise Coates take out of Bet 365 ? and don't tell me they give a lot of money to charity, so they should, it's obscene the amount of money they make out of gambling.and peoples misery, so the least they can do is pay some back into the community.Rant over.

Not going to make much at the moment. I logged on to Betfair yesterday and could only bet on The Belarus premier league!. Think the Ukraine league might be going on but for how long I don’t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toyahw said:

Thanks. The support is much appreciated.

Good luck, your family won’t be the last on this forum to get it unfortunately.

they reckon 50% of those in hospital in Italy are under 50 so it ain’t just a Young persons illness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

So there's more chance of pigs flying outside your window than being able to do a food shop online at the moment. Asda, Morrisons, Tesco... I've tried them all. Every one of them is fully booked for as long as you can check for.

So we're told to stay at home and isolate ourselves and yet to hope you can get a little bit of food you have to go and be amongst a crowd of fiesty shoppers in your local Supermarket? It only takes one person to be infected at any one time in the building and literally dozens could come out with the Coronavirus... 

Edited by TylerB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy