Coronavirus

robf

Same for zoos throughout the world, although I’m not a fan of the way a lot of Zoos operate it would be terrible if they were to close, especially zoos like Chester who do a lot for Animal conservation. I think they should be allowed to re-open, maybe with restricted numbers.

Advert:

12 hours ago, WV said:

I expected this response from you when I got the notification. What I hoped you would take from it is that people are becoming less compliant and much more difficult to manage since the Cummings fiasco. Do you think I want to argue with people all day or would I rather be safe at home on 80% wage?

Do you think it is possible for golf clubs to make sure groups of 4 players stay 2m away from each other at all times on the course which can stretch over vast areas? Do you think they should have staff on every hole? Do you think they should close? Or do you believe that people should just be more responsible for themselves and more considerate of others? 

There are ways, expensive, impractical and probably not acceptable.  Employ a monitor at each hole or to accompany every group of golfers, add the cost to the green fees. Or limit groups to a pair of golfers or even single players. Infringements to be fined or score cards amended. Can you imagine the rumpus?

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Not everyone has that luxury, people need the money. A silly comment, but not surprising 

Very true what would happen if the nhs workers supermarket workers and all the other key workers decide to stay at home stupid comment by philpvfc 

43 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Very true what would happen if the nhs workers supermarket workers and all the other key workers decide to stay at home stupid comment by philpvfc 

You miss understood then. Everyone has the choice to stay at home and always have done, but quite rightly, the Government will be getting rid of the Furlough scheme. Why should someone who works at a Golf club be able to stay at home and get paid 80% of his wage yet other jobs including nurses, shop workers etc. not?

• Thanks 1

I think someone has asked why there was no quarantine months ago? I’m sure there was,Liverpool quarantine centre? plus others.When was that lifted?Airlines  were screaming about it in February.I also remember airports were saying that flights were down by 99% at one point.We had to bring our folks home don’t forget.March 16 Imperial advised the Gov. to enhance suppression by social distancing etc.Too late?That week there was panic buying and restaurants and pubs shut and people were told to stay at home.The furlough scheme had been put in place.March 9 there had been 21 deaths and streets were empty.The NHS has never been overwhelmed.Mistakes have been made but NOBODY has got this completely right.Stay Safe Everyone.

Advert:

Advert:

18 hours ago, Andyregs said:

The ending of lockdown, the ridiculous scenes at beaches, the protests (as much as I support the cause) are all making me very nervous right now. 

Take your own council mate..... do what you think is right for you and yours.

59 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

You miss understood then. Everyone has the choice to stay at home and always have done, but quite rightly, the Government will be getting rid of the Furlough scheme. Why should someone who works at a Golf club be able to stay at home and get paid 80% of his wage yet other jobs including nurses, shop workers etc. not?

To stop the virus being spread? It was never about giving people a holiday, and making sure the holidays were fairly spread. It was about necessity. The furlough scheme is the one thing that the government got right. The Debate is not whether it’s fair, but whether it’s the right time to stop it. Personally I think the gradually plans the chancellor brought in was a good idea, but the gradual easing of lockdown has been ruined by the governments reaction to the Cummings fiasco. I also think we’re a couple of weeks to soon.

51 minutes ago, geosname said:

Take your own council mate..... do what you think is right for you and yours.

We are. Aside from an hour out with the dog in the woods away from people (had to change my usually walk from the start because people weren’t social distancing), I’ve not left the house and don’t plan to for a few more months. I’m lucky because work are taking my wife’s instructions to isolate as me needing to as well and so I work from home. I’m luckier than most. 

Advert:

One of the worst problems with this is that it's not solely down to what we all do as individuals. It's not like smoking or drinking or taking drugs. What others do has a huge impact on everyone else. That's the issue. We can control what we do but if everyone doesn't take care and adopts a more cavalier attitude towards the guidelines then it will rise up again and we'll all be in trouble.

Some of the demonstrators are very silly but younger people are safer than older folk like me so perhaps many under 40 don't see it as a big deal.

Let's hope not. I can't wait to see all my family again, to meet with friends in the pub, to go out for a meal, enjoy a holiday, and get back to watching all those sporting events that we all so love, including Vale Park. 

One thing is for sure. We'll never take those things for granted again. Nor all our friends. And that has to be a good thing. Despite our squabbling I guess we'd all agree on that.

Cummings out. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

To stop the virus being spread? It was never about giving people a holiday, and making sure the holidays were fairly spread. It was about necessity. The furlough scheme is the one thing that the government got right. The Debate is not whether it’s fair, but whether it’s the right time to stop it. Personally I think the gradually plans the chancellor brought in was a good idea, but the gradual easing of lockdown has been ruined by the governments reaction to the Cummings fiasco. I also think we’re a couple of weeks to soon.

More people will die once lockdown is lifted, inevitable and if they’d have left it a couple of weeks there will still be a rise in cases but it has to happen sometime.  Lockdown or no lockdown there will still be idiots grouping together to protest which is far worse than a group of 3 or 4 getting together for a game of Golf.