Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

39 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

The Track and Trace is working Tommy ,thousands are getting traced.The Worldie is due later.I thought you would have been consulted on it Track and Trace Tommy Tunstall.😉

Howj as the self appointed expert on T and T I have doubts that the system is fully functional, the feed back off some of the people employed to run the system, does not fill you with confidence. Also the monitoring centre is not up and running according to Mr Hancock. So the conclusion is it's running in a fashion. As for me rest assured I am still isolating, with only Mrs T coming within 2 metres.

49 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

how many people have got within less than 6ft of you for 15 mins that you don’t live with? 

My workplace has been manic. People arguing about social distancing rules. Have had people actually refusing to queue separately and the number of people who are telling me they live together means there must be plenty of vacant property in the city. People are ignoring it at least at my work place. We do try to manage it and I am losing patience with the morons. 

So I have to do this all day 4 days a week but I cannot sit with my parents. It's all been a huge shambles. I said this 3 months ago. I will await the whataboutery from the usuals.

16 minutes ago, WV said:

My workplace has been manic. People arguing about social distancing rules. Have had people actually refusing to queue separately and the number of people who are telling me they live together means there must be plenty of vacant property in the city. People are ignoring it at least at my work place. We do try to manage it and I am losing patience with the morons. 

So I have to do this all day 4 days a week but I cannot sit with my parents. It's all been a huge shambles. I said this 3 months ago. I will await the whataboutery from the usuals.

If your business can't socially distance properly and can't implent the rules why is it allowed to open ?

31 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I read something a couple of days ago.  An Italian doctor said just that.

Or is it that our immune systems are better in the summer? A lot of evidence that Vitamin D plays a big part in this and the Egyptian health minister has put all health workers on supplements. 

Hopefully it is getting weaker but I wouldn`t be too sure yet.

Advert:

Wife tested negative for anti bodies. So, who is a doctor, tested positive but was luckily asymptomatic. He can't be plasma harvested because he previously had malaria when in Africa. Daughter is getting checked at the end of June. All three work in the NHS. 

I am a qualified risk manager and very knowledgeable about business continuity holding a BSI qualification to be a lead auditor. But the fact is my employer has simply performed at a superb level through the pandemic shifting everyone to home working, closing all offices and maintaining service levels which have actually gone up in performance. So there is no rush back to offices and indeed the outcome, as it will be for many businesses, is a new homeworking policy that is much more flexible and opens up opportunities to many more people. But offices, and maybe whole towns and city centres, are going to change fundamentally as a result. That is a great pity; Liverpool city centre, refurbished over the last 20 years, is a fantastic place to be and work but it looks like another era of adjustment is coming. Another reincarnation will be needed.

Edited by Warren

1 hour ago, Mario said:

If your business can't socially distance properly and can't implent the rules why is it allowed to open ?

I expected this response from you when I got the notification. What I hoped you would take from it is that people are becoming less compliant and much more difficult to manage since the Cummings fiasco. Do you think I want to argue with people all day or would I rather be safe at home on 80% wage?

Do you think it is possible for golf clubs to make sure groups of 4 players stay 2m away from each other at all times on the course which can stretch over vast areas? Do you think they should have staff on every hole? Do you think they should close? Or do you believe that people should just be more responsible for themselves and more considerate of others? 

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

Or is it that our immune systems are better in the summer? A lot of evidence that Vitamin D plays a big part in this and the Egyptian health minister has put all health workers on supplements. 

Hopefully it is getting weaker but I wouldn`t be too sure yet.

Vitamin  K deficiency  now found to be a factor too. Found in Spinach, eggs, hard and blue cheeses. 

25 minutes ago, WV said:

I expected this response from you when I got the notification. What I hoped you would take from it is that people are becoming less compliant and much more difficult to manage since the Cummings fiasco. Do you think I want to argue with people all day or would I rather be safe at home on 80% wage?

Do you think it is possible for golf clubs to make sure groups of 4 players stay 2m away from each other at all times on the course which can stretch over vast areas? Do you think they should have staff on every hole? Do you think they should close? Or do you believe that people should just be more responsible for themselves and more considerate of others? 

You were the one moaning about social distancing where you work, you said it was a shambles, so if thats the case why are you allowed to operate ?  

12 minutes ago, Mario said:

You were the one moaning about social distancing where you work, you said it was a shambles, so if thats the case why are you allowed to operate ?  

Because the government said it was safe to open golf courses.  It looks very likely that Polo will start without Govt permission,  most of the players are flying in from Argentina to beat quarantine.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

25 minutes ago, Mario said:

I think fosse answered that perfectly for me. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WV said:

Well you have the option of staying at home and not getting paid.

Advert:

8 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Not everyone has that luxury, people need the money. A silly comment, but not surprising 

Everyone needs the money! And not a silly comment at all. He has the option, WV works at a golf club which can enforce social distancing, I’m just glad essential workers don’t have the same attitude as WV. Why should the state pay 80% of his wage?. People are being asked to go back to work when they can, I for one have been out working throughout the lockdown dealing with customers and contractors, you are never going to be 100% safe wherever you are.

11 hours ago, TheSage said:

Why can't Chester Zoo open? The House of Commons is opening.

On a side note, it (Chester zoo) would be a tragedy if it can't ever reopen.  I was gutted to read they were struggling so badly.

Really hope they can be saved.

Edited by eh up nah
  • Like 1