Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

According to Sky News Alok Sharma spent 45 minutes with the PM and Chancellor yesterday. If it turns out he does have coronavirus then they both should isolate for 14 days, and if they do not why should anybody else?

11 minutes ago, ginge said:

According to Sky News Alok Sharma spent 45 minutes with the PM and Chancellor yesterday. If it turns out he does have coronavirus then they both should isolate for 14 days, and if they do not why should anybody else?

Did the report say he was licking their faces or was he socially distancing? Apparently Gardiner had a test on Tuesday and thought he was ok to march with thousands of people and not socially distancing ,because it was negative.Honestly,Barry?

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Did the report say he was licking their faces or was he socially distancing? Apparently Gardiner had a test on Tuesday and thought he was ok to march with thousands of people and not socially distancing ,because it was negative.Honestly,Barry?

Not sure what Barry Gardiner not social distancing has to do with my point. But no the report didn't say they were licking faces, and i didn't say they were either. Perhaps go back and re read what I said, you seem a bit confused. Boris has shown on this picture that he's disregarding social distancing so would not suprise me if they were in close contact during the meeting. 

20200604_134208.jpg

Correct ginge,I realise it wasn’t your report.But YOU  did infer that they should self isolate if they had met with Sharma, no need if they kept 2 metres apart, and YOU asked the question why should we?I gave an example of what you shouldn’t do re Barry Gardiner who thought it was ok to not socially distance because he had had a negative test on Tuesday.Why did Gardiner have a test? and do we suddenly become immune if we have one?I can’t see Sharma in that photo.Boris having had the virus could well be immune.(not 100% known).Do YOU think  YOU should self isolate if you’ve met with someone who later got tested?

Edited by Howjy04

Advert:

33 minutes ago, ginge said:

Not sure what Barry Gardiner not social distancing has to do with my point. But no the report didn't say they were licking faces, and i didn't say they were either. Perhaps go back and re read what I said, you seem a bit confused. Boris has shown on this picture that he's disregarding social distancing so would not suprise me if they were in close contact during the meeting. 

20200604_134208.jpg

So basically you’re guessing.

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Correct ginge,I realise it wasn’t your report.But YOU  did infer that they should self isolate if they had met with Sharma, no need if they kept 2 metres apart, and YOU asked the question why should we?I gave an example of what you shouldn’t do re Barry Gardiner who thought it was ok to not socially distance because he had had a negative test on Tuesday.Why did Gardiner have a test? and do we suddenly become immune if we have one?I can’t see Sharma in that photo.Boris having had the virus could well be immune.(not 100% known).Do YOU think  YOU should self isolate if you’ve met with someone who later got tested?

Boris could well be immune but the guidelines say that you still need to self isolate even if you have had it. I guess Gardiner was putting himself more at risk of catching it rather than spreading it. Either way he should have been socially distancing. I personally would follow the rules but since the Cummings incident and the government defending him there have been many more cases of people disregarding the rules. Lots more people thinking that if the people designing them arent following them why should they. 

15 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

So basically you’re guessing.

Im guessing based on his previous behaviour. Trust me I'd much rather Boris doing his job than having to self isolate again. It is important that he turns up to the briefings and is held to account during PMQs. It'd be too easy for him to go into hiding. But rules are rules and if he has been in contact with Sharma and Sharma tests positive then it doesn't matter if hes already had it the rules say he should self isolate again.

And it is important to say that there isn't a 100 percent record with these tests. Gardiner could still have had it even after having his 1 test(or 2 tests government figure) show negative. Therefore it is imperative to follow social distancing rules. 

Advert:

Face masks will now be compulsory on public transport. Let's hope people continue to follow the washing hands and social distancing measures and that the masks don't become a false sense of security.

Advert:

8 minutes ago, ginge said:

September, this must again be fake news from the Left wing media. Boris promised to make us a world leader. Surely this Government are not telling lies again.

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Is it just me who is dubious about Sharma's test result?  Be interesting to see if he appears for a couple of weeks...

It is so sad that the government has created such distrust that someone should even ask that. 

• Like 1