Coronavirus

robf

29 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

@Regal Beagle Do you believe that Cummings actions have weakened people’s willingness to follow the governments safety guidelines?

I see the Tory MP for Stafford has put a letter on her website in response to all the emails and letters she has received from constituents on this matter.  In it she says:  "On balance, I feel his trip to Barnard Castle was not within the spirit of the government guidelines.  I regret therefore that Mr Cummings has chosen not to apologise for this."  No promotion for her then!

Advert:

14 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I could not find  where it had come from, I assume Qatar, but it had 2 Australians on it. Will have another look.

From Doha,Quatar Airways.9 Pakistanis,2 Greek nationals from Oz ,1 Japanese.Flights from Quatar  suspended until June 15.

Edited by Howjy04
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

I see the Tory MP for Stafford has put a letter on her website in response to all the emails and letters she has received from constituents on this matter.  In it she says:  "On balance, I feel his trip to Barnard Castle was not within the spirit of the government guidelines.  I regret therefore that Mr Cummings has chosen not to apologise for this."  No promotion for her then!

Your so right, no room for anyone open and honest in this Government 

Advert:

It seems that Dominic Cummings bolt hole in Durham was built in a conservation area without planning permission. Also it's not registered for Council Tax. Apparently Durham Council are investigating! More rules that don't apply to him?

Alok Sharma the business secretary has been tested for covid19  after taking ill yesterday. This shows the stupidity of Rees Mogg bringing to an end the virtual voting system. All the other mps in parliament yesterday have gone back to their constituencies now possibly spreading the disease.

40 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Alok Sharma the business secretary has been tested for covid19  after taking ill yesterday. This shows the stupidity of Rees Mogg bringing to an end the virtual voting system. All the other mps in parliament yesterday have gone back to their constituencies now possibly spreading the disease.

I've just seen that. I hope he's ok. He didn't look well in the Chamber.

But you are right. Rees Mogg is an idiot. Close on his unwise and arrogant comments about Grenfell Tower, may I suggest that the only person who lacks common sense is him?

I hope to goodness there are no serious consequences of his madcap proposals and that they get back to on-line participation until it is safe.

I despair. How on earth did we elect people like him to govern us?

I hope Sharma isn't too ill and recovers quickly. Very worrying.

There was no immediate need to take such a risk. 

49 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Come on, this is getting  beyond cynical. You reckon Alok caught the virus for a laugh?  Or party political purposes?  Give it a rest.

Get well Alok mate. As one human being to another.

Edited by toyahw

Advert:

24 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Come on, this is getting  beyond cynical. You reckon Alok caught the virus for a laugh?  Or party political purposes?  Give it a rest.

Get well Alok mate. As one human being to another.

Where does anyone suggest either of those things? Can only see people criticising the decision to recall parliament when online parliament was serving the purpose fine.

Edited by Joe B

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

There must be concerns about Alok Sharma because he is in a greater risk category being a bloke and BAME.  Hope he tests negative.

Indeed Jean. Hope he is okay. 

No chance of us visiting the UK for the foreseeable future then. Sorry Dad. Happy 90th mate. Wish we could be there.

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can only see people criticising the decision to recall parliament when online parliament was serving the purpose fine.

That was certainly the point I was trying to get across. It was a point about common sense and taking unnecessary risks.

There didn't seem any real pressing need to do this when the on-line system appeared to work ok and allowed everyone a say and a vote. Safely.

Advert:

2 hours ago, bycars rob said:

Why single out JRM? It was put to the vote and 242-185 voted to stop the remote voting.

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

@Regal Beagle Do you believe that Cummings actions have weakened people’s willingness to follow the governments safety guidelines?

Isn't it about 7% who have used Cummings as an excuse to break lockdown, i saw in a poll earlier?

I think the protests in London show how desperate people are to break lockdown and I truly believe that a man driving 30 miles, standing by a river for 5 minutes and driving back would have had zero impact on that.

I believe the media have had a greater negative impact on lockdown compliance hands down, by spreading constant lies about what happened and publishing sob stories that simply are not relevant to the Cummings case.

How many Labour MPs are we up to now breaking lockdown? about 7? Starmer still not sacking anyone?