Coronavirus

robf

Hospital deaths have other aspects the latest Telegraph  weekly deaths show 13,826 against the 5 year average of 11,235,  giving an excess of 2,591 but there were 2,872 Covid deaths. Thus  compared to previous years some never made it to hospital,  I assume these would include people trying to avoid Covid in hospital or lack of capacity.  I dont know the situation in Germany though.

Advert:

11 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

As new infections have now fell continually over a number of days, could it be that the consistent hot weather is a factor after all ? 

Unfortunately  a period  of rain on the way.

6 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I have already pointed out that without accurate infection rates the death rates dont really tell us everything

This makes no sense... how can Excess deaths as measured by total deaths (NO MATTER WHAT KILLED YOU) not be telling us what we need to know?

Can you give an example of how extra infection rates would override that stat?

Advert:

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

Unfortunately things have become so aggressively tribal in terms of politics that EVERY comment is viewed through the left-right spectrum.

I know. But I do try not to. The story is obfuscated enough without getting into political mud slinging. I have my own feelings on this, but until the full story is told, in a few years time, I prefer to keep these to myself. 

MPs are LOVING the new Alton Towers voting system in Westminster... none of them are complaining and saying it disadvantages older, disabled or at risk PMs.

oh, no, wait... they all think it’s a bit sh*t!

As James O’Brien said this morning on twitter.... Imagine if Reec-Mogg wasn’t Born with such Privilege and had presided over this disaster in a Normal job!

17 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Or that some people just decide not to understand them as it doesnt suit there own narrative. 

Or maybe you are ignoring obvious insights and trying to confuse the message because it doesn’t suit yours.

12 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

This makes no sense... how can Excess deaths as measured by total deaths (NO MATTER WHAT KILLED YOU) not be telling us what we need to know?

Can you give an example of how extra infection rates would override that stat?

Is it true that we think we have higher infections than other countries, which has resulted in the higher amount of deaths?

If we don't actually have higher infection rates than say Germany, then the causes of the excess deaths becomes so much more unclear i would think.

Advert:

Excess deaths per million of population is the only worthwhile comparison between countries. Ignoring the chance of a parallel  undetected plague, in a particular country ,  national performance  will be highlighted.  Preparedness  and management of the  situation can be compared  on a level playing field  without  cherry picking.

13 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Excess deaths per million of population is the only worthwhile comparison between countries. Ignoring the chance of a parallel  undetected plague, in a particular country ,  national performance  will be highlighted.  Preparedness  and management of the  situation can be compared  on a level playing field  without  cherry picking.

The Covid deaths per million in Uk,Spain and Italy are now virtually the same 550-580.

12 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

The Covid deaths per million in Uk,Spain and Italy are now virtually the same 550-580.

How confident are you that each country uses the same measurements?  Where do Germany stand?

Advert:

12 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How confident are you that each country uses the same measurements?  Where do Germany stand?

Not at all confident,Fosse.Germany are at 104 as of yesterday.

Worldometer get the totals from Governments.

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

I think I may have just witnessed a murder.

His lady wanted to know what he wanted for his dinner and he could hear his baby making noises instead of listening to Mr.Negative.

16 minutes ago, Doha said:

I think I may have just witnessed a murder.

Should have let his hair grow.  Perfect for planted questions didn`t need to look for a little tower in his notes. What  a PPP  even with a prompt.