• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

No they didn't say party time but the PM mentioned barbecues - and from what I can gather every man and his dog will be having celebrations in their back gardens in the next few days. I can't see many waiting until Sunday. Cummings has made that a cast iron certainty. 

Many will be careful and they'll stick to the rules still but relying on common sense and what the government is saying is now shot through with holes. Claiming that common sense will prevail is not realistic government policy. It's too vague. Too open to interpretation. As we have seen this week. You might as well say let's not bother with a speed limit on the M6. Everyone can use their common sense. What would happen then? It's the same with these guidelines now. The message has to be crystal clear, rigid and simple, otherwise it becomes blurred, and there are a great many folk out there who, given an inch, will take a mile.

Not anyone on here of course!

37 minutes ago, TheSage said:

No they didn't say party time but the PM mentioned barbecues - and from what I can gather every man and his dog will be having celebrations in their back gardens in the next few days. I can't see many waiting until Sunday. Cummings has made that a cast iron certainty. 

Many will be careful and they'll stick to the rules still but relying on common sense and what the government is saying is now shot through with holes. Claiming that common sense will prevail is not realistic government policy. It's too vague. Too open to interpretation. As we have seen this week. You might as well say let's not bother with a speed limit on the M6. Everyone can use their common sense. What would happen then? It's the same with these guidelines now. The message has to be crystal clear, rigid and simple, otherwise it becomes blurred, and there are a great many folk out there who, given an inch, will take a mile.

Not anyone on here of course!

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. Their rules/guidance (who knows which is which?) are/is unclear, inconsistent and frankly contradictory. 

I would not like to catch the virus and I would be horrified to pass it on to someone. I shall therefore follow my own interpretation of what I must do to ensure the safety of myself and others. 

The Government needed to provide rules/guidance that were logical, which people could understand and therefore support. They have not done this and then shot themselves in the foot by re-interpreting everyones' previous understanding of the rules/guidance by supporting Mr Cummings.

• Thanks 7

I’ll be honest, I’ve got no idea what I can and can’t do. Though due to my wife’s illness, I’ll be locking down for a number of months yet. But if the simple full lockdown rules could be so brazenly misinterpreted by the actual government, then these new ones can be interpreted to an extent to make them pointless. 

When you see the brazen way the government think they are above the law and scrutiny, whilst handing out contracts to family and "friends" you can`t help but worry about the future of this country. 

33 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I’ll be honest, I’ve got no idea what I can and can’t do. Though due to my wife’s illness, I’ll be locking down for a number of months yet. But if the simple full lockdown rules could be so brazenly misinterpreted by the actual government, then these new ones can be interpreted to an extent to make them pointless. 

Exactly. Today I could meet an estate agent indoors but not my daughter outdoors. No logic whatsoever. So people will interprete as necessary.

18 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Exactly. Today I could meet an estate agent indoors but not my daughter outdoors. No logic whatsoever. So people will interprete as necessary.

You can meet your daughter outdoors today,as long as you social distance.eg Park.From Monday you can see her at your or her home in an outside space eg garden ,as long as you social distance.

12 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

You can meet your daughter outdoors today,as long as you social distance.eg Park.From Monday you can see her at your or her home in an outside space eg garden ,as long as you social distance.

Sorry, my error. That is how confusing it is.

26 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Sorry, my error. That is how confusing it is.

No problem.I will be seeing my daughter and grandson ,in my socially distanced garden on Monday.He wanted to go to school but has been rejected.His mum is trying to find out why .Probably because they’ve put too many nursery,reception and year 1 kids in the school he goes to which normally has years 2-6 only.He is year 6.Their loss ,my gain.

Edited by Howjy04

4 hours ago, geosname said:

Yes miss......

Extracting or manipulating only the sections of scientific advice that help/support the direction they wish to go, everything else ignored or dismissed.

Right - with you now.

For those of you returning to golf there is a new shot to add to you armoury.  It's called a Cummings.  It's a long drive, out of bounds but gets no penalty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know some of you on here are allergic to The Guardian but these two articles are worth a read.  The first one almost made me cry and the second one made me bloody furious.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/may/30/this-man-knows-hes-dying-as-surely-as-i-do-a-doctors-dispatches-from-intensive-care

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/30/boris-johnsons-test-and-tracing-system-britain-lockdown

Edited by Jacko51
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Andy,I actually watched,yesterday,a Gov.rep explaining to a woman and 2 BBC presenters how the woman plus husband plus 4 kids can visit family and /or friends.Christ!!Sometimes ,I despair,not just with Government.

Unbelievable isn't it,if they can't  understand social distancing we've no chance.

#StayAlert

• Like 1

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic