• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I do wish people would stop quoting RB and his circular arguments. I see he is now saying Cummings is not elected so not accountable to the people. Can someone remind me what was said about the damage being caused by unelected people in Brussels who were not accountable to the people and so we should get rid of them?

Jacko you are so right, I gave up arguing with him many weeks ago, all you do is give him the oxygen to peddle his right wing views, he never closes anything out, for example he is still stupidly arguing his support for Cummings, probably because the Tories want him to stay as Johnson would be hopeless on his own.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

Advert:

6 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Avoid the question 

The issue is Cummings, what other people have done does not affect that.  He is the one making the rules that he as a member of the elite can ignore. Other people`s reputation is their lookout.

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The issue is Cummings, what other people have done does not affect that.  He is the one making the rules that he as a member of the elite can ignore. Other people`s reputation is their lookout.

Still avoiding the question 

Advert:

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

You think Cummings should have been sacked but not Kinnock?

The only people who can sack Kinnock are the electorate in his constituency and they will have the chance to do that at the next election. Kier Starmer can’t sack him as an MP. 

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Kinnock is a separate issue.  He has no effect on the Coronavirus  situation.

Ofcourse he has. Your dislike for Boris and Cummins is clouding your judgement. Kinnock is in a position of influence and has a responsibility to act accordingly. The pair of them should have been sacked and only a hypocrite would say one should and the other one shouldn’t.

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The only people who can sack Kinnock are the electorate in his constituency and they will have the chance to do that at the next election. Kier Starmer can’t sack him as an MP. 

He can be thrown out of the party which is as good as. 

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Ofcourse he has. Your dislike for Boris and Cummins is clouding your judgement. Kinnock is in a position of influence and has a responsibility to act accordingly. The pair of them should have been sacked and only a hypocrite would say one should and the other one shouldn’t.

My dislike is for the performance with the Pandemic of Cummings and Johnson,  what the opposition do is their responsibility and  accept  the  consequences .

Advert:

I don't accept that there is a fair comparison to be drawn between the two cases.

I also find it odd how Phil keeps on about Kinnock all the time yet barely mentions Jenrick who behaved worse than Kinnock.

I wonder why that is.

Party political point scoring has nothing to do with the Cummings case. It's about the public health of the nation and an idiot who drove around the country when he thought his family was infected, tested his eyesight by driving 60 miles and kept it all secret for weeks on end until he was rumbled. As far as I'm aware Kinnock wasn't self isolating with a deadly virus and he didn't hide anything he'd done from anyone.

Completely different cases.

A ticking off and a warning from the police was appropriate.

Jenrick should have been sacked from the Cabinet but kept his job as an MP. His home is in London. His wife works in London. His children go to school in London. He should not have gone off to Hereford to his second home and should not subsequently have driven north to Shrewsbury to his parents' house. He is a key member of the government and another one who made mugs of us all.

Maybe Cummings should stay and forever taint and tarnish Johnson who has proved a very weak PM. I don't think voters easily forget these things, especially those who have suffered and toiled in the last 3 months while Cummings does as he likes.

• Like 1