The biggest problem is lack of proper masks and clothing for front line medical staff, virtually bound to suffer and be unavailable for work, if not death. Obviously  scrapping Brexit will dawn on people as now necessary  in our new circumstances which will not recover for years. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eh up nah said:

Haven't we (and by we I do not mean me) just spent three and a half years telling Europe we don't really want in with the way they do things?

Why do we now want to be following their lead with this?

Said the same myself today.  The people losing there <ovf censored> over not getting Brexit done are the same ones now losing there <ovf censored> that we arent following our European neighbours lead...

It wont be the virus that kills us it will be the halfwits.  It's probably them buying all the bog roll as they are so full of <ovf censored>.

Waving a flag at the virus won't do much good. It isn't really arsed about borders, sovereign states or its populist leaders. The failure to coordinate an international response will compound the crisis even further.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Said the same myself today.  The people losing there <ovf censored> over not getting Brexit done are the same ones now losing there <ovf censored> that we arent following our European neighbours lead...

It wont be the virus that kills us it will be the halfwits.  It's probably them buying all the bog roll as they are so full of <ovf censored>.

European leaders are not criticising our actions. The World health Organisation and many scientists are, no need to be offensive, everyone entitled to an opinion, even if it doesn't tally with yours.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TylerB said:

One of my best mates was Chinese until she took offence at me saying that China generally eats anything that moves. It's true though - They'll shove anything on a stick. 

Something really needs to be done about it, and the general hygiene in their culture. Most of these virus' come from that country and it's not just coincidence.

Have you ever been to China are an animal market in the UK. Prior to closing time the old livestock in Newcastle always looked pretty unhygienic.  Most of the things on the list posted we eat or did eat during the course of the 20th century  The rats eaten in China are the cane sugar rat, which is different animal to the one scientists think we are never more than 20 metres away from. We still eat animal organs, liver is very good for you as is heart.

I spend 2 to three months a year in China and inside major cities their houses are invariably spotless (much cleaner than many of my friends' houses in Stoke). I rent some houses out around Stoke and the state some people (not friends) decide to live in is disgusting on a scale I have not even witnessed in slum areas in West and East Africa. The odd time I've visited rural China, always to visit parents of people I work with, there houses look and are run down.  They still clean them they just haven't the money to buy a modern apartment. China had and average income of 200 dollars a year up to the 1980s.

The only valid points you allude to, though fail to express, is it probably is a bad idea to have livestock markets in town centres. That is something the UK has stopped relatively recently. Two viruses have probably started in China, things like AIDS (40 million dead worldwide) MERS and Ebola did not. Viruses mutate all the time and just need a convenient host they can live in to spread. Most fail to survive because they don't find a host before they perish. With the world's largest population they will always have most viruses emerging. Spanish flu was worse than Covid 19 and there is a clue in the name it did not emerge in China.

Before you make sweeping comments about whole populations I would suggest you make a visit and actually have some factual information about how people live.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

European leaders are not criticising our actions. The World health Organisation and many scientists are, no need to be offensive, everyone entitled to an opinion, even if it doesn't tally with yours.

I didnt say European leaders.  I said the people, ie the folk who were so insistent that we were better off going it alone are now up in arms because we are going it alone.  It's not offensive, it's just pointing out the obvious.

I didnt think we would be better on our own but I do think the government has this spot on.  That said, I think they are starting to bow to pressure a bit now with the latest measures.

Not really sure what's wrong with that but hey ho.

Oh and the bog roll comment is true.  Those panic buying are selfish halfwits.

Edited by Nofinikea

51 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I didnt say European leaders.  I said the people, ie the folk who were so insistent that we were better off going it alone are now up in arms because we are going it alone.  It's not offensive, it's just pointing out the obvious.

I didnt think we would be better on our own but I do think the government has this spot on.  That said, I think they are starting to bow to pressure a bit now with the latest measures.

Not really sure what's wrong with that but hey ho.

Oh and the bog roll comment is true.  Those panic buying are selfish halfwits.

I don't think there is a correlation between support or opposition to Brexit and support or opposition to the government's handling of Covid-19

Edited by Wrex

13 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Bit of a difference between the Express and some of the top scientists in the world. Many people are of the opinion that the UK is not going far enough.. And it is a fact we have no idea on the numbers of people infected, as we just tell people to isolate without testing them.

Or are you just upset that they are questioning your glorious leader?

At least i would have a consistent principle if that were the case.

Unlike being outraged at "fake news" but absolutely loving it when it suits your agenda.

13 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

The biggest problem is lack of proper masks and clothing for front line medical staff, virtually bound to suffer and be unavailable for work, if not death. Obviously  scrapping Brexit will dawn on people as now necessary  in our new circumstances which will not recover for years. 

😂 How on earth are those sentences related? Obviously continuing brexit will dawn on people as now necessary in our new circumstances which will not recover for years.

12 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I think it's at best not related to support of brexit and at worst, actually just remainers who are beamoning their perceived lack of action.

I have no real issue with our stance on this.

11 hours ago, Santa said:

Waving a flag at the virus won't do much good. It isn't really arsed about borders, sovereign states or its populist leaders. The failure to coordinate an international response will compound the crisis even further.

There is a balancing act though between looking after your own people and sharing resources with other nations. This will either drive the EU further apart or unify them. I know which one my money is on.

11 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

It's not Mark Rutte's scientists who are criticising our actions though is it? The Netherlands have basically got the same stance as we do.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

I don't think there is a correlation between support or opposition to Brexit and support or opposition to the government's handling of Covid-19

There isn't. There is a correlation between extreme remainers and the desire to politicise every event regardless of facts, evidence and logic.

Can we please stop politicising this situation.  It's nowt to do with Tory/Labour/Leaver/Remain.  It's a situation in which we all need to be sensible, listen to advice, stop being so bloody selfish in the shops and try, for once in our lives, to behave like decent human beings.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi all,

An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation period.

Please look out for a note on the forum and also on the front page.

A general reminder. This is a period of unprecedented news and measures. Can I ask all users to bear that in mind and be tolerant and nice to each other. There's a lot of stress and concern and it's probably going to escalate so let's try and support each other not attack each other please.

Thanks,

Rob

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

It's not Mark Rutte's scientists who are criticising our actions though is it? The Netherlands have basically got the same stance as we do.

Except the forced closures of cafes, shops and schools. Yes exactly the same. 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

It's a situation in which we all need to be sensible, listen to advice, stop being so bloody selfish in the shops and try, for once in our lives, to behave like decent human beings.

Good luck with that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WV said:

Except the forced closures of cafes, shops and schools. Yes exactly the same. 

One that's gone under the radar is Japan. Aging population and the first country outside China to have community spread. On the surface they appear to have done very little but spread is slow and controlled. China and Korea also haven't really followed Italy, they had very defined cities and little spread outside those areas. My guess is it's timing when to panic and a time to stay calm and measured. The Japanese also routinely wear face masks in crowded places 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Can we please stop politicising this situation.  It's nowt to do with Tory/Labour/Leaver/Remain.  It's a situation in which we all need to be sensible, listen to advice, stop being so bloody selfish in the shops and try, for once in our lives, to behave like decent human beings.

Spot on,I agree entirely but the trouble is we've always got some who don't think it applies to them and don't give a toss.

• Like 1

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic