1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Maybe Cummings had permission from Johnson to do what he did and the PM is up to his neck in all this??

Over the years since I've been following the political scene, back to the fifties, I can't remember an incident of such obvious embarrassment and guilt in government circles that hasn't led to a resignation or a sacking. Strange and unsavoury times.

Did taking back sovereignty mean we have a secret president who can do what he wants and make Trump type speeches in the Rose Garden?

• Like 1

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

Who and when changed "Stay at Home to  Stay Alert ?  Very convenient attempt to change people`s perception of his antics?  Similar question for country drives?

• Like 1

When filling up tomorrow I shall be nipping in to buy a daily star for the first time ever, simply because I'm going to have to fcking see this dystopian nightmare in the flesh for myself.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EY-QmdeX0AEjW9n?format=jpg&name=large

2 hours ago, robf said:

Hi all,

A reminder to all to attack the argument and NOT the person. 

Please do not resort to personal abuse. It weakens your argument, offends others and ultimately could result in you being banned.

You all agreed to the rules when you signed up an account for this forum so repeated breaches of them could result in a ban.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, does the no personal abuse just mean of posters on here?  Can we still take the piss out of Cummings?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Could be a Brexit secret,  related to his time in Russia,  maybe loads of stuff we don`t have a sniff of.

So Dominic Cummings claim that he was testing whether he was fit to drive from Durham to London by going on a 30 minute drive down the road is actually so unbelievable that we think the most logical explanations is as follows:

The true motive behind the 30 minute drive (which we don't know exists, and if it does, we don't know what it is) is that damaging to Cummings that he is blackmailing the PM and Cabinet with information (which we don't know exists) so that they blindly defend his indefensible actions of driving for 30 minutes down the road with what is perceived to be an invalid or untrue excuse. And the Russians probably have something to do with it to.

Is that what we're going with?

10 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

He edited a blog.

He is guilty of editing a blog.

He should be sacked as editing a blog is probably against the law.

He endangered the lives of his family by driving with impaired vision.

He endangered the lives of others by driving with impaired vision.

He endangered the lives of others by driving an infected person to another area..

He endangered the NHS by carrying an infected person to another area.

He has opened the floodgates to people abusing the lockdown, in whatever form, by supplying the, seemingly, acceptable excuse of..... just in case.... and.... testing my ability.

I think he should be sacked because he is a lying ****weasel but that's just my opinion bearing in mind I think all politicians lie but not all lie so poorly.

6 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

So Dominic Cummings claim that he was testing whether he was fit to drive from Durham to London by going on a 30 minute drive down the road is actually so unbelievable that we think the most logical explanations is as follows:

The true motive behind the 30 minute drive (which we don't know exists, and if it does, we don't know what it is) is that damaging to Cummings that he is blackmailing the PM and Cabinet with information (which we don't know exists) so that they blindly defend his indefensible actions of driving for 30 minutes down the road with what is perceived to be an invalid or untrue excuse. And the Russians probably have something to do with it to.

Is that what we're going with?

IF an intelligent person were to drive to test their vision surely they would use that intelligence to drive 15 miles in the direction they needed to travel.

If they were able to drive they would continue on their rout, if not they would return to their original starting point.

I would suggest anyone "testing their vision" by driving a vehicle containing their family any distance, endangering their lives and other road users and pedestrians lives, is one brain cell short of a pair.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, geosname said:

He endangered the lives of his family by driving with impaired vision.

He endangered the lives of others by driving with impaired vision.

He endangered the lives of others by driving an infected person to another area..

He endangered the NHS by carrying an infected person to another area.

He has opened the floodgates to people abusing the lockdown, in whatever form, by supplying the, seemingly, acceptable excuse of..... just in case.... and.... testing my ability.

I think he should be sacked because he is a lying ****weasel but that's just my opinion bearing in mind I think all politicians lie but not all lie so poorly.

For him to be guilty of endangering lives by driving with impaired vision then we must accept that it was true that his vision had been impaired. A lot of people in this thread are hinging their whole opinion of this on that being a lie.

I would dispute that he endangered anyones life to be honest. He appears to have taken great measures to ensure he did not endanger anyone else. The trip to Durham could fall under the exceptional circumstance clauses set out by the Government and it would seem that he obeyed the spirit of the law by avoiding other people and observing the 14 day self isolation period to the best of his ability in his circumstances.

The second trip is the sticky point, firstly whether it is believable that the drive was to test fitness for his long drive to London, secondly whether that is a valid excuse to be driving. Both of which are at least debatable.

All politicians lie, I will agree with that part.

6 minutes ago, geosname said:

IF an intelligent person were to drive to test their vision surely they would use that intelligence to drive 15 miles in the direction they needed to travel.

If they were able to drive they would continue on their rout, if not they would return to their original starting point.

I would suggest anyone "testing their vision" by driving a vehicle containing their family any distance, endangering their lives and other road users and pedestrians lives, is one brain cell short of a pair.

Possibly Geo, despite the desperation of some people to label me as completely unreasonable and blinded by my partisan support of Dominic Cummings, I actually said that this is the part I have the least faith in.

Driving to Castle Barnard is clearly a conscious choice he made and definitely a lapse in judgement. I just don't think the test drive story is particularly unreasonable in and of itself. If you put yourself in his shoes for 1 minute though, it might not even occur to you that this will all blow up in the media 2 months later and how will it look if I drive north/east/west instead of south for 30 minutes.

Do we think that if he had of driven 30 minutes south as his test drive (not to a local beauty spot for example) that his test drive story would be acceptable?

1 minute ago, geosname said:

Are you suggesting that driving on a public road with impaired vision is not a danger?

Or did he lie?

Not suggesting that for one minute. I'm saying that it seems to be generally accepted that he made up the test drive impaired vision story to cover up his true motivation for driving to Barnard castle.

If that part is made up then he cannot be guilty of driving with impaird vision.

If we are saying that he was driving to test his vision, then that surely adds weight to his excuse that he was testing his fitness for a longer a drive. If this is the case then it would appear that he passed this test as he drove home the next day, meaning that he possibly never operated the car with impaired vision at all.

50 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

He edited a blog.

He is guilty of editing a blog.

He should be sacked as editing a blog is probably against the law.

Sarcastically pretending not to see the point. How atypical of your behaviour when it comes to, as you keep saying, your "side." 

He was dishonest in the press conference about this. 

Your inability to admit it is no surprise. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dominic-cummings-accused-of-adding-coronavirus-warning-to-year-old-blog-post-nw2jtr5nb

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/dominic-cummings-coronavirus-blog-boris-johnson-downing-street-a9532996.html

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/26/dominic-cummings-edited-blog-make-look-like-warned-coronavirus-12757843/

2 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Possibly Geo, despite the desperation of some people to label me as completely unreasonable and blinded by my partisan support of Dominic Cummings, I actually said that this is the part I have the least faith in.

Driving to Castle Barnard is clearly a conscious choice he made and definitely a lapse in judgement. I just don't think the test drive story is particularly unreasonable in and of itself. If you put yourself in his shoes for 1 minute though, it might not even occur to you that this will all blow up in the media 2 months later and how will it look if I drive north/east/west instead of south for 30 minutes.

Do we think that if he had of driven 30 minutes south as his test drive (not to a local beauty spot for example) that his test drive story would be acceptable?

Frankly...... no.

It's the story he came up with.

It's not acceptable to drive anywhere if your vision is impaired.

Many years ago I refused to drive when my vision was impaired. My intended destination was approximately 500 or so yards away and the need for more whisky was great..... the question of driving only came into play because I could not perambulate to the front door without assistance.

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic