Jump to content
robf

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

They will only have to act if new evidence comes to light, or if the Police action gets any more serious.

 

They can't back down now without some form of excuse as to why they didn't sack him (or he didn't resign) sooner.

 

If he didn't quit/get sacked at the height of it, he's not going to a week later when tempers have cooled and the dust has settled, in my opinion.

If you say so sugar.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

 

I've not accused him of anything. He literally said not to let the tragic death stop me from posting about the Government.

 

What have the two got in common? Nothing. Why is he linking them? I can't think of any legitimate reason why the two are linked.

 

I'm more than calm.

 

 

You literally accuse him of “using a tragic death“

Much like you Misread people’s moods when you thought the YouGov polls would move in favour of Durham Dom after his speech (they went the other way)... you have misread this.

Whether you meant it or not... and let’s assume you didn’t because it would be horrible if you did... your comment comes across as incredibly callous, cold and rude. Maybe you are not that skilled at translating what you think in your head to communicate with others... because this was offensive when read.

If you are comfortable with what you wrote then fine. I know you are a stubborn bloke like myself and won’t want to back down, just think how something reads before you post it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Boris should take the heat out of the situation and release the investigation into Russian inteference in UK elections. 

He's tried to do that today with his track and trace system - that has broken down and won't be fully operational until the end of June.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

They will cry

“We DonT BEliEvE tHe oTHer CouNTriEs StaTs“

Some will refuse to even read it and get it wrong by saying “depends on what the died of” which is the most frustrating as that’s exactly what this analysis removes.
 

That correlation between lockdown date and excess deaths is fascinating. 
 

The usual suspect will discredit this... but this shows the government failed. They didn’t do it on purpose, there was no evil plan, but they got it wrong... and thousands of extra people have died because of it.

Exactly, the line of 'did they die with COVID or of COVID' is redundant here, as this just looks at how many deaths this country usually has during a set amount of time for a 5 year average, and compares it with what we've seen since 20th March.

There simply has to be an independent inquiry into this. I agree, there was no devious, malicious plot, but certainly politicians way out of their depth, narrowing in on flawed advice on the basis that 'the experts' would be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Exactly, the line of 'did they die with COVID or of COVID' is redundant here, as this just looks at how many deaths this country usually has during a set amount of time for a 5 year average, and compares it with what we've seen since 20th March.

There simply has to be an independent inquiry into this. I agree, there was no devious, malicious plot, but certainly politicians way out of their depth, narrowing in on flawed advice on the basis that 'the experts' would be right.

I think the lack of understanding of the virus by all involved,world wide,has been a major issue also. Politicians have little or no knowledge of viruses.Scientists have the knowledge but little or no economic knowledge.Its a fine balance to get it right or wrong with both together.Lot of mistakes, some things done well. but hopefully some good will come out of it.History ,unfortunately,is littered with mistakes causing tragic death tolls.I pray for every one who have lost someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I think the lack of understanding of the virus by all involved,world wide,has been a major issue also. Politicians have little or no knowledge of viruses.Scientists have the knowledge but little or no economic knowledge.Its a fine balance to get it right or wrong with both together.Lot of mistakes, some things done well. but hopefully some good will come out of it.History ,unfortunately,is littered with mistakes causing tragic death tolls.I pray for every one who have lost someone.

Hopefully you are right Howj and some good will come from it.

What baffles me is if the balance between right or wrong is so fine, and there was a lack of understanding, surely the Government should go for the least risky approach.

We don't THINK the Cheltenham festival will make a difference, but we cant be sure should lead to taking the low risk option to protect lives.

It "doesn't feel or sound right" to allow the Madrid game to go ahead on Liverpool should lead to taking the low risk option.

The UK Government played their usual "We know better than everyone" game, other countries were more cautious.... They made the right choice. We didnt.

Our Government failed to even come up with a CLEAR, EASY to understand policy of when you can go out. If Cummings did no wrong, then the messaging was terrible because 71% of the people think he did.

 

Edited by Iron Curtain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Meanwhile, back in the North East,some good news, Nissan will be staying open in Sunderland.

Just reported the good news on the Brexit thread Howjy.

#StayAlert

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin Evans is the Crime correspondent for the Telegraph. 
 

To summarise his tweets below:

Durham Dom’s trip to Barnard Castle was a minor breach of the regulations.

Traveling to his fathers was not. 

The police themselves will not take further action.

For all those people saying he did not break regulations - YOU WERE WRONG

As stated before and agreed by all but the most ardent Durham Dom supporters, as the most senior unelected bureaucrat in The country, Durham Dom should be held to a higher standard than us normal plebs.

I expect ZERO people on here who said he didn’t break regulations to admit they were wrong.

Boris and Durham Dom has messed this one up big style! 
 

Like their managing of the pandemic that lead to the highest number of excess deaths in the world... fail fail fail.

843B16ED-81D4-4430-92F1-0ABECC3A14FF.jpeg

E7F68504-995A-4359-BC29-06B8FE62BF03.jpeg

2751E2E0-BAAA-4C0F-923E-52E17E9F6476.jpeg

E4B86B06-A9C0-4F8A-BBCB-8A844AF3E31B.jpeg

Edited by Iron Curtain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

No,he's staying indoors this week?

Couple of weeks too late... doing it after weakening the stay at home message and devaluing the governments advice and endangering lives isn’t going to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The situation is an appalling indictment of the government, the PM and all his Cabinet, who have been telling us consistently that he did nothing wrong, acted legally, with integrity, and within the guidelines.

He clearly did not. Both he and them look even more stupid now.

How he is still in post amazes me and most of the British public.

Not only have we all been made to look mugs. Not only is there one rule for him and another one for us plebs. But now you can even break the law and no-one at the top is bothered.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vindication.

As Regal Beagle claimed we were zoning in on an irrelevant little tidbit, devoid of a real argument, when we all lambasted the 'I was testing my eyes by driving' lie, it is now apparent that that trip was probably a breach of lockdown, according to Durham Police (that famous lefty hate mob!)

As a senior government advisor, with unparallaled levels of access to the PM who introduced said lockdown, he shouldn't still be in his position if this is the case.

With the FT article that we have the highest excess deaths per capita of any country with reliable data, and now this, it appears the 'ignore the facts, this is what I feel' approach of Beagle for the last few weeks is falling apart at the seams, unless he fancies portraying empirical data, the Financial Times, and Durham Police as some form of conspiratorial, left-wing hate mob.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Just reported the good news on the Brexit thread Howjy.

#StayAlert

Ok,Tone,cheers.

#Stay Alert

Social Distance

Sack The T**ts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see Cummings resigning, it's just not in his nature. He's not a Conservative in the party sense, they're just a vehicle for him. 50 odd Tory MP's have called for his removal - probably another 50 would be needed before it would be sizeable enough for it to be an untenable position for Johnson not to act. Maybe he will get 'furloughed' to be quietly brought back into the fold at a later date.

Something else will be along shortly, the ongoing tragedy of the pandemic notwithstanding, to remove it from the front page. It's the nature of the news cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

You literally accuse him of “using a tragic death“

Much like you Misread people’s moods when you thought the YouGov polls would move in favour of Durham Dom after his speech (they went the other way)... you have misread this.

Whether you meant it or not... and let’s assume you didn’t because it would be horrible if you did... your comment comes across as incredibly callous, cold and rude. Maybe you are not that skilled at translating what you think in your head to communicate with others... because this was offensive when read.

If you are comfortable with what you wrote then fine. I know you are a stubborn bloke like myself and won’t want to back down, just think how something reads before you post it.

 

The delusion, the hypocrisy, the lack of understanding is beyond anything I've read in this thread so far. The worst part is I believe you are doing it intentionally.

 

Imagine for one second if I had said "Very sad news today from Stoke hospital, but don't let it stop you waxing your opposition for the current Government"

You would be foaming at the mouth in outrage and I think everyone in this thread knows it.

 

You tell me how a quote directed at me telling me not to let the death of the nurse stop my from "waxing my support" for the Government" is in any way shape or form, a decent and apprioriate thing to write?

Whilst you are at it, please tell me how on earth you think the original poster is the victim in this?

 

Totally ludicrous.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Martin Evans is the Crime correspondent for the Telegraph. 
 

To summarise his tweets below:

Durham Dom’s trip to Barnard Castle was a minor breach of the regulations.

Traveling to his fathers was not. 

The police themselves will not take further action.

For all those people saying he did not break regulations - YOU WERE WRONG

As stated before and agreed by all but the most ardent Durham Dom supporters, as the most senior unelected bureaucrat in The country, Durham Dom should be held to a higher standard than us normal plebs.

I expect ZERO people on here who said he didn’t break regulations to admit they were wrong.

Boris and Durham Dom has messed this one up big style! 
 

Like their managing of the pandemic that lead to the highest number of excess deaths in the world... fail fail fail.

843B16ED-81D4-4430-92F1-0ABECC3A14FF.jpeg

E7F68504-995A-4359-BC29-06B8FE62BF03.jpeg

2751E2E0-BAAA-4C0F-923E-52E17E9F6476.jpeg

E4B86B06-A9C0-4F8A-BBCB-8A844AF3E31B.jpeg

 

37 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Vindication.

As Regal Beagle claimed we were zoning in on an irrelevant little tidbit, devoid of a real argument, when we all lambasted the 'I was testing my eyes by driving' lie, it is now apparent that that trip was probably a breach of lockdown, according to Durham Police (that famous lefty hate mob!)

As a senior government advisor, with unparallaled levels of access to the PM who introduced said lockdown, he shouldn't still be in his position if this is the case.

With the FT article that we have the highest excess deaths per capita of any country with reliable data, and now this, it appears the 'ignore the facts, this is what I feel' approach of Beagle for the last few weeks is falling apart at the seams, unless he fancies portraying empirical data, the Financial Times, and Durham Police as some form of conspiratorial, left-wing hate mob.

 

The complete lack of understanding of our legal system continues.

 

But if you want to take "no further action" (No full investigation, no charge, no trial, no guilty verdict) Especially from a police force who we know have misled the public over this incident at least once, as a huge win then go for it, I'm happy to concede and let you have it.

 

Edited by Regal Beagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

 

 

The complete lack of understanding of our legal system continues.

 

But if you want to take "no further action" (No full investigation, no charge, no trial, no guilty verdict) Especially from a police force who we know have misled the public over this incident at least once, as a huge win then go for it, I'm happy to concede and let you have it.

 

Do you want to explain how “Dominic Cummings did breach lockdown rules” Means he didn’t do anything wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy