Coronavirus

robf

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

This whole Cummings affair is really sad.  At the beginning of the crisis and for several weeks  there was a high degree of compliance by folk with the Government guidance.  There was an understanding that they had been placed in a dreadful position - nothing like it before in our lifetimes - and many had a degree of sympathy.  People on here, myself included, were asking that the situation should not be politicised.  Increasingly, as time has gone on, that sympathy and understanding has been eroded because of a number of government decisions.  The Cummings affair and the bluster and bluff accompanying it from Johnson and Co will be the final straw for many.

The lack of clarity in the message they were trying to get across will be their undoing.

Either Cummings was wrong or their message didn’t resonate as thousands of people struggled terribly through the situation he faced.

The fact that he then came up with this nonsense about testing whether his eyes or himself could withstand a long journey by driving his wife to a beauty spot on her birthday is just the cherry on the top!

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

So even you think there is some degree of untruth in the story.

Imagine how the millions of people that don’t go on defcon 5 defence of him feel.

They feel like he is telling lies.

The whole thing, like their handling of this virus is a complete mess.

Persuading you won’t be their challenge... persuading the masses will be. 

I'm not going defcon 5 at all.

My defence has been reasonable and consistent the whole way through - I have thus far been proven to be correct with my instincts about what was plausible and what was made up. None of you lot can claim the same.

I understand people are angry, we're all in the same boat. Their anger is misplaced and I honestly feel has been stirred up by a hostile and dishonest media.

If you look back now at the thread from yesterday and Saturday, you will see the absolute plethora of utter garbage that was being spouted by the media and repeated across the country. There was no reasonableness, no benefit of doubt, no chance he was innocent, despite there being no evidence for any of it. That is why the bias on display in this thread is much more obvious and apparent on your side than mine.

2 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

He in fact did not break any regulations though.

He did break the regulations. Lots of times.

1. If you or your family are suspected to have Covid19 you stay at home and self isolate. He did not do that.

You were not allowed to drive 250 miles across the country and risk spreading the virus. What if he had broken down? 

2. You were not allowed to go to a second home.

Only in an extreme case of life or death emergency should you consider doing anything else - and this was not a case of life or death, just a question of what if or suppose x happens. But it didn't.

He has a sister in law and her husband and two children in London.

3. He had conversations with his parents. Not allowed to do that.

4. Nor do you drive 30 miles to a scenic beauty spot (coincidentally on your wife's birthday) to test your eyesight. What a ridiculous excuse!! 

He can call a driver from London or his wife can drive.

Everyone knows he went against the guidelines and flouted the rules - apart from you, the Cabinet and Boris Johnson. He was clearly in the wrong. 

I've got a letter here I've dug out from March 30th telling me "You must stay at home." 

• Like 1

Just now, Regal Beagle said:

My defence has been reasonable and consistent the whole way through - I have thus far been proven to be correct 

This is my favourite of your traits.

Rating yourself.

”I give me 10/10 and a star”

😂😂😂😂

Trust me, when viewed outside of your own mind it’s not quite as “top of the class as you think”

I would have gotten a higher mark for my dissertation had I been allowed to mark it myself... alas... 

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The lack of clarity in the message they were trying to get across will be their undoing.

Either Cummings was wrong or their message didn’t resonate as thousands of people struggled terribly through the situation he faced.

The fact that he then came up with this nonsense about testing whether his eyes or himself could withstand a long journey by driving his wife to a beauty spot on her birthday is just the cherry on the top!

It was a  Mickey Take, making the press wait 30 minutes,  moving the PM`s Daily Brief, all to show who runs the country , and then spouting a load of nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

This is my favourite of your traits.

Rating yourself.

”I give me 10/10 and a star”

😂😂😂😂

Trust me, when viewed outside of your own mind it’s not quite as “top of the class as you think”

I would have gotten a higher mark for my dissertation had I been allowed to mark it myself... alas... 

Trying to attack the person not the point, again.

4 minutes ago, TheSage said:

He did break the regulations. Lots of times.

1. If you or your family are suspected to have Covid19 you stay at home and self isolate. He did not do that.

I actually cannot read any more of this post after this line 😂

This is at least the third time you have simply ignored irrefutable evidence that shows you to be wrong in the last few months.

Maybe I am actually going insane?

Advert:

Cummings was due on stage at 4pm. He didn’t make his curtain call till circa 4.30pm .According to the TV correspondent, the BBC received the reviewed statement from Durham Police at 4.01pm.

I would suggest that Johnson/Cummings got wind of the new police statement and decided it may be wise to see what it said before putting the other foot in it.

12 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

It was a  Mickey Take, making the press wait 30 minutes,  moving the PM`s Daily Brief, all to show who runs the country , and then spouting a load of nonsense. 

55 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I think he was seeing whether he could stomach a long drive. I don't think he randomly chose a local beauty spot.

Just to add, not sure I believe the bit about him getting out of the car because he felt a bit sick, but who am I to judge that?

13 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I actually cannot read any more of this post after this line 😂

This is at least the third time you have simply ignored irrefutable evidence that shows you to be wrong in the last few months.

Maybe I am actually going insane?

Your whole “I’m right, I have been correct, you are all wrong” is predicated on him not going to that castle and getting out because he just wanted to.

Its based on his story of needing to test his eyes and ability to drive distances.

because if that’s not true, he did break guidance.

So before you give yourself the gold star and 10/10 and tell everyone how right you have been I would reflect on that bit of the story... because it’s absolutely bonkers... even you don’t believe all of it!! You!!!

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

68% believe he did break the guidance.

As I said earlier, it’s all fun and games us having a good discussion on here. The point is, Boris and Cummings have messed up here big time and that poll shows the impact of their actions.

Either he broke guidance or that guidance was misunderstood by the majority of the people polled... a failure either way.

Boris has further damaged himself and Shows weakness by not getting rid. He looks like a puppet now, people don’t like puppets I would guess.

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

Your whole “I’m right, I have been correct, you are all wrong” is predicated on him not going to that castle and getting out because he just wanted to.

Its based on his story of needing to test his eyes and ability to drive distances.

because if that’s not true, he did break guidance.

So before you give yourself the gold star and 10/10 and tell everyone how right you have been I would reflect on that bit of the story... because it’s absolutely bonkers... even you don’t believe all of it!! You!!!

Not at all.

I said on Saturday evening that the drive to the castle was possible. I also said that the second sighting days later sounded like rubbish. It wasn't predicated on anything, I even clarified by saying that we have no allegation of wrongdoing, we don't know why he went to the castle or what for. Clearly if he had gone for a picnic then that would have been breach. As it stands, driving is a bit of a grey area, not entirely believable but not illegal also.

It turns out he has offered an explanation which may or may not be legitimate. If we had competant journalists at number 10 today they may have pushed him on that, as it stands, they made it very easy for him today.