Coronavirus

robf

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Stay at home, they come to you, especially if you have relatives close by.  Who would be looking after the parents in bed ? I am sure lots of children accept nurses / carers into their homes, they will surely be trained to put them at ease. Nurses/carers will be equipped with protective clothing when entering Covid locations.  I would source from my local surgery web site,  where they also have  111 Covid info 

I can just imagine an 18month old and a 4 year old accepting that.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I can just imagine an 18month old and a 4 year old accepting that.

Tough, if a relative, friend,  or neighbour are not available they have no choice.  A four year has probably been to play school and is used to being with strangers.  

55 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Well said Doha... on reflection @Regal Beagle your response is pathetic.

Changing the truth to protect those you side with. Wonder where you learned that!!

You maybe? Considering it's all you've done over the past 5 days.

Doha selectively quoted. There's additional context in the question and answers where he talks about being weak, unable to stand days before and whether or not he can drive "that far".

He clearly does mention his eyesight more than once. I don't believe he would have driven at all if he couldn't see however.

Nothing pathetic at all about taking in all of the evidence and judging as a whole, in fact, as I keep saying, it's what I do all the time.

For clarity... Cummings wife can drive.

But yeah... he definitely drove to a beauty spot on his wife’s birthday to test his driving ability having had “weird vision”

Only sensible thing they could have done!

FC4F4297-C1C6-4AC7-A710-115C1174BA77.jpeg

Edited by Iron Curtain

Just now, Regal Beagle said:

You maybe? Considering it's all you've done over the past 5 days.

Doha selectively quoted. There's additional context in the question and answers where he talks about being weak, unable to stand days before and whether or not he can drive "that far".

He clearly does mention his eyesight more than once. I don't believe he would have driven at all if he couldn't see however.

Nothing pathetic at all about taking in all of the evidence and judging as a whole, in fact, as I keep saying, it's what I do all the time.

Do you believe that the reason he drove his wife who can also drive and his 4 year old to Barnard castle was to test his long distance driving ability?

Advert:

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Do you believe that the reason he drove his wife who can also drive and his 4 year old to Barnard castle was to test his long distance driving ability?

I believe that is partly true yes.

His wife being able to drive is not really relevant. It's like saying his PA in london can look after his kid. It adds no weight to whether or not his claim is true or false.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I believe that is partly true yes.

His wife being able to drive is not really relevant. It's like saying his PA in london can look after his kid. It adds no weight to whether or not his claim is true or false.

Which bit is true and which bit is not true?

In your opinion.

Edited by Iron Curtain

Imagine being that deluded that you insist

"my wife said 'We should drive down the road and see if your vision is weird or if you're OK' and I thought 'That's a good idea'."

equals

he wasn't "testing his eye sight" was he

Utter lunancy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Imagine being that deluded that you insist

equals

Utter lunancy.

Imagine being that deluded that you think someone tests their eye sight by driving a car full of his family.

The context is whether or not he can drive a long distance, not whether or not he can drive at all. That is what I said in my initial post. Stop misrepresenting me. Stop gaslighting.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Which bit is true and which bit is not true?

In your opinion.

I think he was seeing whether he could stomach a long drive. I don't think he randomly chose a local beauty spot.

Just to add, not sure I believe the bit about him getting out of the car because he felt a bit sick, but who am I to judge that?

Edited by Regal Beagle

Advert:

57 minutes ago, TheSage said:

We've got so entrenched in taking sides that it's no longer a question of what is right or wrong but whose side are you on.

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter to me if Cummings is red or blue, black or white, man or woman, rich or poor.

But he is the government's chief adviser, who helped to frame the rules, and he broke the regulations 2-3 times when the rest of the country have made personal sacrifices for the good of us all.

He's taking the mick and he should have apologised and resigned, if he'd got an ounce of integrity or remorse.

He in fact did not break any regulations though.

Quoting from a poster on t'other side which sums it up for me:

"Remember when you were kids and you got rumbled and you and your mate frantically made up a story that you thought was brilliant but as soon as you said it out loud you realised that you were fcuked???...  "

• Haha 1

Let's be honest, if you were going to drive from Durham to London you'd go on the motorway.  So if you want to check whether or not you will be OK driving you just nip on to the A1M at Durham, drive a few junctions down and back again.  Driving in the opposite direction from the motorway to a rather pleasant tourist spot with a nice river walk doesn't make sense.

If you want to check if you are OK to drive to London, you pack your bags, put them in the car, set off for London and if you find you are struggling, you stop the car, get into the passenger seat and get your missus to drive the rest of the way.

If this man is the Prime Minister's key adviser and he can't work that out, god help us all.

Advert:

12 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I think he was seeing whether he could stomach a long drive. I don't think he randomly chose a local beauty spot.

Just to add, not sure I believe the bit about him getting out of the car because he felt a bit sick, but who am I to judge that?

So even you think there is some degree of untruth in the story.

Imagine how the millions of people that don’t go on defcon 5 defence of him feel.

They feel like he is telling lies.

The whole thing, like their handling of this virus is a complete mess.

Persuading you won’t be their challenge... persuading the masses will be. 

This whole Cummings affair is really sad.  At the beginning of the crisis and for several weeks  there was a high degree of compliance by folk with the Government guidance.  There was an understanding that they had been placed in a dreadful position - nothing like it before in our lifetimes - and many had a degree of sympathy.  People on here, myself included, were asking that the situation should not be politicised.  Increasingly, as time has gone on, that sympathy and understanding has been eroded because of a number of government decisions.  The Cummings affair and the bluster and bluff accompanying it from Johnson and Co will be the final straw for many.

• Like 1