robf

Coronavirus

12 hours ago, TheSage said:

Well, what an incredibly poor show that was from Hancock, in spite of the very good questions.

Today the government has lost a senior minister who has resigned, re-interpreted the lock down guidelines, and now said they'll review the law retrospectively - all to save Cummings' skin.

It's excruciating to watch these ministers queuing up to embarrass themselves one by one. You cringe watching it and then realise these are the people governing the country.

' ;

Nick, they collectively hide in the 'Westminster System of Government'; they spout their 'feigned dismay' at each others breaches of the law - social or otherwise; they use Parliament aka 'Cowards Castle' to bad mouth all and everyone knowing full well they do so without fear of legal reprisals from vox populi; in other words - they need each other to 'slurp the trough'. On top of which, they wont give a second glance or thought for a minister walking away from them. 

5 hours ago, geosname said:

Are you suggesting that driving on a public road with impaired vision is not a danger?

Or did he lie?

Thinking about it Geo...instead of checking in 6 monthly at the eye clinic, I could save myself  a packet by chucking Ann and the grand kids into the car and drive around the suburbs - using the backstreets of course to evade lock-down police patrols.

Nothing wrong with that - is there? 

11 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Thinking about it Geo...instead of checking in 6 monthly at the eye clinic, I could save myself  a packet by chucking Ann and the grand kids into the car and drive around the suburbs - using the backstreets of course to evade lock-down police patrols.

Nothing wrong with that - is there? 

Apparently not in the UK  Barry.... I don't know what the pillocks sorry politicians have been doing down under mate..... I think I would use one of those bloody great big road train trucks just in case I hit something... so as not to dent my pride.

5 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I just want to totally understand your point before I debunk it.

This is some of your best work RB 😂

Winning hearts and minds! 

5 hours ago, geosname said:

So he lied.

and let’s not forget that Bill Clinton wasn’t impeached for going the dirty with Monica Lewinsky... he was impeached for lying about it!! 

Edited by Iron Curtain

Has he gone yet?Nandy, now ,when questioned,defending Kinnock.Travelling 300 miles round trip to drop off essential supplies.She omitted to mention  it was his old man’s birthday.Kinnock’s sister dropped off a curry and a birthday cake.Was it essential to travel that far to essentially sing Happy Birthday and then go after the photo shoot..My brother drove 5 miles to my mums to drop her birthday card and flowers off . They were left on the front porch.He phoned her to sing Happy Birthday. Can’t Neil Kinnock walk to a shop?Was he self isolating and doesn’t know anyone local to get him something from a shop?Cummings and Kinnock OUT!!!!!!

Edited by Howjy04
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

Has he gone yet?Nandy, now ,when questioned,defending Kinnock.Travelling 300 miles round trip to drop off essential supplies.She omitted to mention  it was his old man’s birthday.Kinnock’s sister dropped off a curry and a birthday cake.Was it essential to travel that far to essentially sing Happy Birthday and then go after the photo shoot..My brother drove 5 miles to my mums to drop her birthday card and flowers off . They were left on the front porch.He phoned her to sing Happy Birthday. Can’t Neil Kinnock walk to a shop?Was he self isolating and doesn’t know anyone local to get him something from a shop?Cummings and Kinnock OUT!!!!!!

Slight difference, Cummings broke his own rules and then 2 fingered the nation,  Kinnock a police matter.

They should both be sacked, Kinnock and Cummings.

This is not a political issue, it is one of credibility and honestly.  Kinnock broke guidelines but that does not excuse Cummings otherwise we can all say it's ok for us to do it too.

The sad thing is that this is now detracting from the real issues of emerging from lockdown and it's the government allowing that to happen by not acting appropriately.

Even if they just acknowledged he broke rules and they are very sorry but he is of vital importance to this administration blah blah...

However, to make up a story about testing eyesight, even having the PM himself pull out a pair of specs as a prop during his conference...  well that's treating the whole of the UK with complete contempt, which is unforgivable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Slight difference, Cummings broke his own rules and then 2 fingered the nation,  Kinnock a police matter.

Big  difference.Kinnock also has a vote in Parliament  and 2 fingered two  nations.

8 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

This is not a political issue, it is one of credibility and honestly.  Kinnock broke guidelines but that does not excuse Cummings otherwise we can all say it's ok for us to do it too.

The sad thing is that this is now detracting from the real issues of emerging from lockdown and it's the government allowing that to happen by not acting appropriately.

Even if they just acknowledged he broke rules and they are very sorry but he is of vital importance to this administration blah blah...

However, to make up a story about testing eyesight, even having the PM himself pull out a pair of specs as a prop during his conference...  well that's treating the whole of the UK with complete contempt, which is unforgivable.

Nof, by doing what they do means you stoop to their level.**** ‘em off!!

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Agreed, I’m more annoyed by the excuses than the actual offence. Sometimes in a job you fudge up. And when it happens, the best thing to do is hold your hands up, admit your mistake, take a b0ll0ck1ng and move on. Taking personal opinions about Cummings aside, if he was so vital to Boris, then he could have apologised, stepped down,  reinforce the government guidance and work on exiting the pandemic. 6 months down the road, if he was appointed again, it may be a small news piece but nothing like what they have created and the awful message they are currently sending, it’s been done before. Being involved in government guidance towards exiting the pandemic just undermines the message before it even gets out. Most of the country didn’t even know who he was until now. But now the nation knows for sure where they stand. Most will still vote Tory though, because....Corbyn or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Big  difference.Kinnock also has a vote in Parliament  and 2 fingered two  nations.

Big difference Kinnock is not in Government, never mind running the Cabinet.  Did not spend an hour telling fairy stories to the nation. Votes in parliament worthless at present.

Anyone comparing Kinnock to Cummings is being obtuse.

Both deserve reprimanding for breaking lockdown, like any of us would.

Difference being that Cummings directly advised, and probably had a prominent say in the manner in which lockdown was enforced and disseminated. As a consequence, he should tender his resignation for that position, as if he's unwilling to follow the rules he's helped to enact, he's lost the trust of the people for future decisions he may advise/help enact.

Don't think its that difficult to follow, really. Kinnock was stupid and deserves castigation but he had no involvement in the creation of the advice he's then broken. Massive difference.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Some fair points.

Kinnock perhaps should have been fined but he never sought to hide what he'd done and he was reprimanded by the police. It was in the public domain and he was open and truthful about it from the word go.  But I'm not defending him. His action was stupid.

He wasn't, however, self isolating with suspected Covid19. That's the huge difference. He isn't a member of the government. He doesn't set policy and make the rules and come up with slogans, like Cummings does.

Jenrick is another one who should have been sacked. 

Cummings is taking us all for idiots. So too Johnson, Gove and the rest of the liars in the Cabinet who stick to this ridiculously untruthful line that he had exceptional circumstances (which he didn't) and did nothing to break the regulations. He acted with integrity and did nothing wrong! It's astonishing bare-faced garbage that the public are supposed to accept and "move on."

He went back to work when he thought his wife was infected. He went to a second home 260 miles away. He conversed with his parents. He visited a hospital there when claiming he was unwell. He went for a drive to test his eyesight and got out of his car. Need I go on? He never, ever had problems with childcare. Either he or his wife were at all times well enough to look after him, their one child.

And if you think he could not find anyone in London [in a dire emergency] to come to their aid then think again. A millionaire. A sister in law and brother there. Friends and work colleagues. And he admits he didn't even try and enquire about it. The more he talked the more he incriminated himself. 

Who would not have paid to be a fly on the wall when he and Boris came up with that fairy tale? The fly in the ointment, as I said before, was the fella who took a picture of his car at the castle. That must have been a real bugger for them. Quick, think. What can we say? I know. I was testing my eyesight. Don't mention my wife's birthday or the fact that she can drive or the fact that I could have called a government car from Westminster. For goodness sake be economical with the truth. How we'll get around your Spectator article, Mary, when you never mentioned any of this, claimed I was very ill when I'm going to say I was driving the car, and gave the impression we stayed in London, I don't yet know but I'll think of something.

The press and the public are stupid. They'll fall for it. No worries.

His whole story was concocted with hindsight to try and extricate himself from his law breaking activities but he's made it worse now by admitting that he broke the rules several times. Throw in a few sentences about the nasty media and how much he suffered, how keen he was to go to work, and how he always wanted a fast lock down and had warned us about pandemics last year... and bob's your uncle.  And for good measure I'll alter that blog to make it appear more plausible. Job done. Enough gullible folk will swallow it.

One rule for Cummings and his elite bull*******s and one rule for the rest of us.

• Thanks 1

Kinnock is a member of parliament which allows him to vote on laws etc.Cummings is an adviser but cannot vote.If MPs think his advice is wrong they are able to vote against it not ignore it.To say it’s obtuse to compare is obtuse.

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Kinnock is a member of parliament which allows him to vote on laws etc.Cummings is an adviser but cannot vote.If MPs think his advice is wrong they are able to vote against it not ignore it.To say it’s obtuse to compare is obtuse.

With a 80+ majority,  we have a government  that  can ignore parliament, such is the system in this country.

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

With a 80+ majority,  we have a government  that  can ignore parliament, such is the system in this country.

The Government gets its power from Parliament. They are not ignoring Parliament, Parliament agrees with the Government.