2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Because he's father brexit? Is that why?

This whole thing is because of that. There's no other reason.

If it was pretty much anyone else in Government no one would care one bit. No one fussed at all when Jenrick did it. This is a hit job and the media are a disgrace in my opinion.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

This whole thing is because of that. There's no other reason.

If it was pretty much anyone else in Government no one would care one bit. No one fussed at all when Jenrick did it. This is a hit job and the media are a disgrace in my opinion.

Its because he's literally the most senior politician in this country bar the PM. Its not a hit-job. Its holding those in power to account, to the same level me and you are.

If Johnson, Sunak, Raab, Patel, Hancock did the same, I'd expect the same outrage. I'd be just as angry.

Its nothing to do with Brexit; that issue is done and gone. Stop inventing enemies. I haven't seen Brexit mentioned for months.

We're talking about the PM's right hand man here. That's why it is getting press coverage. Not some big conspiracy by the left wing press (ha ha) to bring down a Brexiteer. If Starmer had done the same I'd be just as critical, and would want the same scrutiny; the only difference being that Starmer hadn't been involved in the dissemination of the advice.

Edited by Joe B
  • Thanks 1

It`s amusing to see many tory MP`s rushing to apologise for their support of Cummings, having been bombarded by messages from tory members who have followed the rules set out by the government.

They obviously forgot that they were elected to represent their constituents not their career or their party.

Perhaps Boris could use the furore to release that investigation into Russian interference that has sat on his desk for 6 months.

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

With regard to what Jenny Harries said on 24th March: "Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.  And if the individuals do not have access to care support - formal care support - or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs." 

When Cummings drove to Durham he was not unable to look after his child because he has said he was worried that if he got the virus he would struggle to do so.  He claims he was travelling in case he couldn't not because he couldn't.  He was never in a position where he and his wife were unable to look after his child because the child remained with them throughout the quarantine period.

Also, he had access to family on his doorstep.  He had absolutely no need whatsoever to drive to his parents home 250 miles away.

As no one has actually contradicted this statement of what Harries said, I assume we all accept this.

Disgusting that The Telegraph and The Daily Mail are using this issue for political gain.

Now is not the time for pointing fingers. Let's all pull together.

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Just a hit job mate! The loony, intolerant left are at it again. Disgusting.

Classic Dom. Your side lost. Get over it. Stop politicising a political official. Photographers should sack themselves NOW!

1 hour ago, Doha said:

He said please explain. You have failed to do so. Explain why the police investigating and prosecuting an offence with the aggravating factor of covering it up, is a 'complete waste of tax payers money.'

Because he's father brexit? Is that why?

Not at all. Brexit has got absolutely nothing to do with it!.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Its because he's literally the most senior politician in this country bar the PM. Its not a hit-job. Its holding those in power to account, to the same level me and you are.

If Johnson, Sunak, Raab, Patel, Hancock did the same, I'd expect the same outrage. I'd be just as angry.

Its nothing to do with Brexit; that issue is done and gone. Stop inventing enemies. I haven't seen Brexit mentioned for months.

We're talking about the PM's right hand man here. That's why it is getting press coverage. Not some big conspiracy by the left wing press (ha ha) to bring down a Brexiteer. If Starmer had done the same I'd be just as critical, and would want the same scrutiny; the only difference being that Starmer hadn't been involved in the dissemination of the advice.

But he’s not a politician 

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Not at all. Brexit has got absolutely nothing to do with it!.

Go on then, off you go, explain why the police shouldn't investigate an offence.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Go on then, off you go, explain why the police shouldn't investigate an offence.

Waste of money if you ask me, he definitely made the trip, should be sacked but to waste police time just adds insult. I’m not 100% sure what he did was illegal. Immoral yes, against Government advice, yes but did anyone make it illegal? I don’t think so.

Members of his own SAGE  subcommittee now making it clear they are bitterly disappointed in Boris’ defence of Cummings.

Three members of SPI-B, the Sagesubcommittee providing advice from behavioural scientists to government on how the public might respond to lockdown measures, reacted with disdain to Johnson’s defence of Cummings.

Prof Stephen Reicher, of St Andrews University, tweeted: “I can say that in a few short minutes tonight, Boris Johnson has trashed all the advice we have given on how to build trust and secure adherence to the measures necessary to control Covid-19.

“Be open and honest, we said. Trashed. Respect the public, we said. Trashed. Ensure equity, so everyone is treated the same, we said. Trashed. Be consistent we said. Trashed. Make clear ‘we are all in it together’. Trashed.

“It is very hard to provide scientific advice to a government which doesn’t want to listen to science. I hope, however, that the public will read our papers … and continue to make up for this bad government with their own good sense.”

54A984AB-F1B0-418C-8123-D7F597C23851.jpeg

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic