Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

My wife has recently had three eye operations and was finally discharged last week. Amazingly her surgeon didn't suggest her driving 30 miles to test her sight! Good job really as I didn't have a potentially sick child available to go with her. The sooner Cummings goes the better. Johnson has to show some leadership and get rid and do some work himself, instead of relying on Cummings running the country while he slopes off for another of his frequent brakes!

7 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Explained his decisions. Do me a favour all he’s done is lie through his teeth and after a few days this is the best he can come up with 

Why should I do you a favour ?...... I was talking about politicians and advisors in the future not Cummings, by the way do you still think that Boris Johnson was not ill and it was made up.

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Isn't that how this works?

What a weird weird argument! 

It's how I expected it work yes.

I just want to be clear, all the misinformation in the press over the past few days have now been dropped like it is hot. We're now going full steam ahead with "omg he tested his eyesight that's against the law" ?

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I just want to be clear, all the misinformation in the press over the past few days have now been dropped like it is hot. We're now going full steam ahead with "omg he tested his eyesight that's against the law" ?

No, we're going with 'he claimed to test his eyesight by driving 30 miles, which is clearly not true', which suggests he drove to Barnard Castle for another reason, which implicates him as violating lockdown (not for childcare reasons) when he's the one who was invovled in the lockdown's creation. He's also blatantly lied.

What is all this misinformation you refer to? By 'all', I assume you have myriad examples from a wide array of reputables sources.

You've had an absolute mare the last few days. Proper howler. You decided you'd defend the bloke, despite him then admitting live on national television to a lot of the events you dismissed, and have dug a hole so deep you can't help but deflect/resort to pedantry.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

No, we're going with 'he claimed to test his eyesight by driving 30 miles, which is clearly not true', which suggests he drove to Barnard Castle for another reason, which implicates him as violating lockdown (not for childcare reasons) when he's the one who was invovled in the lockdown's creation. He's also blatantly lied.

What is all this misinformation you refer to? By 'all', I assume you have myriad examples from a wide array of reputables sources.

You've had an absolute mare the last few days. Proper howler.

God forbid you use the most up to date information to form an opinion. Dont know who did worse, cummings or RB here.

Edited by Andyregs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Good use of strawman, by the way, as no one has used that argument. Well done on disproving that bit of fiction, mind.

• Haha 1

So the second visit north was wrong. That doesn’t make everything else wrong. 

He didn’t check childcare options in London

He didn’t inform his boss he was doing  moonlight flit 

He drove 260 miles to Durham arriving at midnight after a day at work without stopping. Dangerous

He drove his son to hospital when he himself was very ill.

He tested his eyesight by driving his car 30 miles in the wrong direction to London

It never seems to have crossed his mind to ask his wife to drive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is we needed the likes of Morgan and Neil grilling him and not some of the supine press with whom he's on first name terms.

All these PR briefings are a farce.

But, as everyone says, he realises someone's got him and his car on their mobile phone in Barnard Castle so he's reluctantly acknowledged that (for the first time) and tried to bat it away by claiming he was testing his eyesight!! At a local beauty spot, on his wife's birthday. Blimey. If you believe that tosh you'll believe anything.

He's put the public at risk by his stupidity and broken the rules 2-3 times that everyone else has been straining hard to keep. He's an arrogant fool who hasn't even apologised or showed any contrition at all.

What part of the rules does he not understand? Stay at home. Save lives. Do not drive 250 miles if your wife has Covid19.

it's breathtaking arrogance and complete and utter rubbish.

One rule for him and one for the general public.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

We're now going full steam ahead with "omg he tested his eyesight that's against the law" ?

For clarify... do you believe he tested his eyesight and ability to drive by driving his wife and 4 yr old son half an hour somewhere and half an hour back?

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

You've had an absolute mare the last few days. Proper howler. You decided you'd defend the bloke, despite him then admitting live on national television to a lot of the events you dismissed, and have dug a hole so deep you can't help but deflect/resort to pedantry.

Haha ok Joe.

I'm not the one that's believed a load of sketchy rubbish in the media and is now clinging on to the last reminents I can do without admitting I got it wrong.

Let's start with Duhram police offering two completely contradictory statements, they initially said they'd given advice about the guidelines and social distancing. Today they say that they did not offer any advice on Covid 19, only security measures.

How do we feel about the Police force telling lies?

Edited by Regal Beagle

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

For clarify... do you believe he tested his eyesight and ability to drive by driving his wife and 4 yr old son half an hour somewhere and half an hour back?

nah never said that once have I?

I was asking you a question.

It's a total farce, IC.

He's come up with that excuse because he now knows that a witness has got him and his car on their mobile phone 30 miles away from his second home. 

It's a feeble excuse and we all know it.

• Thanks 1