Coronavirus

robf

41 minutes ago, Warren said:

Making points about government policy are fine. This isn't though; really seriously offensive. Johnson has been in intensive care and was marginal in terms of surviving. He nearly gave his own life in the cause of the country because he would not have got in that situation if he wasn't required to see so many people in the role of PM.  

He more than likely caught it shaking hands with covid patients after scientific advice (which he is apparently following) told us not to shake hands with people. He nearly died because he is a moron nothing to do with for the cause. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

I’ve asked myself that Fosse.I don’t know but has the child got health issues that can only be dealt with by his parents and their family in Durham?By all accounts the child was with the parents in isolation in Durham..Could the Durham members of the family not have come to London for a couple of weeks?

Well said, Howjy.

That is one of the key points.

Cummings has a sister in law and brother in London. He has a PA two streets away. I can't believe or accept that he hasn't got anyone closer than 250 miles away in case of emergency (which in any case wasn't needed).

Surely to goodness if it was a serious crisis then, as you say, someone could go to his home.

That's what we'd all do. Not break the law.

I've done my level best for 2-3 months. I haven't seen my daughter since Xmas because she's in London. I haven't seen my 94 year old neighbour who I've known for over 30 years because she's been ill in hospital. She died recently and I won't be able to go to the funeral. Others have even more sorrowful tales to tell. And I haven't even mentioned the health and care workers who have paid with their lives to keep us safe and well. 

And then this idiot decides he's above the law and untouchable and even though the family is infected he decides to drive 250 miles north and risks spreading the virus.

I just can't believe what I'm witnessing. Johnson might as well have showed us two fingers tonight. Appalling leadership qualities. But I doubt we've heard the end of this.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WV said:

He more than likely caught it shaking hands with covid patients after scientific advice (which he is apparently following) told us not to shake hands with people. He nearly died because he is a moron nothing to do with for the cause. 

I don’t believe for one second he even had it it was just get him out of the firing line 

Advert:

25 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I don’t believe for one second he even had it it was just get him out of the firing line 

That did cross my mind as well. 

Advert:

55 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Well said, Howjy.

That is one of the key points.

Cummings has a sister in law and brother in London. He has a PA two streets away. I can't believe or accept that he hasn't got anyone closer than 250 miles away in case of emergency (which in any case wasn't needed).

Surely to goodness if it was a serious crisis then, as you say, someone could go to his home.

That's what we'd all do. Not break the law.

I've done my level best for 2-3 months. I haven't seen my daughter since Xmas because she's in London. I haven't seen my 94 year old neighbour who I've known for over 30 years because she's been ill in hospital. She died recently and I won't be able to go to the funeral. Others have even more sorrowful tales to tell. And I haven't even mentioned the health and care workers who have paid with their lives to keep us safe and well. 

And then this idiot decides he's above the law and untouchable and even though the family is infected he decides to drive 250 miles north and risks spreading the virus.

I just can't believe what I'm witnessing. Johnson might as well have showed us two fingers tonight. Appalling leadership qualities. But I doubt we've heard the end of this.

I miss my grandson so much.He’s my best mate.I think that has angered me more than anything.Hopefully we can see our families and friends soon.

Edited by Howjy04
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Complete waste of tax payers money

Agreed. Boris knows what has happened and should have done the right thing and gotten rid.

Instead, he is so weak he bowed down to his puppet master.

So now we, the tax payers are being forced to pay for an investigation to prove it.

If the investigation proves Cummings did wrong, it’s another reason for Boris to fall on his sword. You just said it yourself... we can add wasting tax payer money to list. 

• Thanks 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

If the chief of police was caught with a personal usage amount of drugs he would be sacked immediately.

The law says that everyone else would be given a warning.

People in the public eye have a duty. This “Cummings is the same as a photographer when it comes to following the guidelines he helped create” is an incredibly weak diversion tactic that no one is falling for. 

Fair enough, that is a good point.

20 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I miss my grandson so much.He’s my best mate.I think that has angered me more than anything.Hopefully we can see our families and friends soon.

This is the frustrating part Howj, I have only seen my Granddaughter a couple of times, and it will be a while before we are able to see her again. This frustrates me, stuff the idiot Cummings I want to see the end of this.

• Like 1