Put it another way RB... I’m looking at the weight of evidence that’s building up against an individual and making a call. That’s all.

You are waiting and waiting for more and more evidence before you finally give in and agree the individual was wrong in what they did. Picking apart every little bit of evidence against the individual.

If it was Starmer who had done this you wouldn’t be demanding he same level of scrutiny ... you would be all over it like a cheap suit.

But that’s because you want this person to be cleared. You support them.

Feels a little Deja Vu-ish to me 😉

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

What an absolute shower this government are.

I would add that I think their initial idea of letting the virus run its course was broadly correct.

However we should have protected the vulnerable and old. And not have the entire nation under house arrest though. I thought they were the Conservative Party not some military junta.

This lockdown should end now. It’s killing more people than the virus.

Cummings should be sacked unless he does the honourable thing and resigns but he strikes me as not a man to do that.

However the main thing that needs to happen is to stop this madness and let us be free of the house arrest.

8 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Piers Morgan is putting the pressure on now,  he will go and visit his parents if Cummings is not fired today.

Do you mean like Stephen Kinnock did?I wonder how he will feel if he unknowingly passes the virus onto them?Good old Hacker.Obnoxious Tosser of the People.

56 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Do you mean like Stephen Kinnock did?I wonder how he will feel if he unknowingly passes the virus onto them?Good old Hacker.Obnoxious Tosser of the People.

Kinnock said he took essential supplies, still wrong but at least he wasn`t travelling the length of the country whist symptomatic. This has been handled so badly, Cummings should have come out and held his hands up saying I ballsed up but the party arrogance of being above the people has come into it and now it will be a free for all, causing obvious danger.

Where is Boris?  

34 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Kinnock said he took essential supplies, still wrong but at least he wasn`t travelling the length of the country whist symptomatic. This has been handled so badly, Cummings should have come out and held his hands up saying I ballsed up but the party arrogance of being above the people has come into it and now it will be a free for all, causing obvious danger.

Where is Boris?  

I thought you said he was on holiday br? Kinnock went to see his father on his birthday ,travelling hundreds of miles to do so.FACT.What chance has Cummings now got now that those paragons of virtue Hacker Morgan and Alistair ‘ weapon of mass destruction ‘Campbell are  on his case?When Campbell starts quoting deaths you know his brain is still wet or the very least his memory is non existent.Cummings made the trip.He should go ,on the same day as Kinnock.

It now seems Cummings has lost the paper editors... all of them. 

The integrity test has already been failed by Boris.

Now he will be in survival mode... just how weak is he?

Will he keep the poison chalice close to him even though it damages his party and tenure because he can’t govern alone... or Will he throw him under the bus?

B65194A8-0034-4BEA-A17A-8D9FA5EB6303.jpeg

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

Where is Boris?  

Kinnock travelled over 200 miles to wish his father happy Birthday. Cummings travelled 400 miles to ensure childcare. I can see why both of them did it but due to the fact of their positions at the time they did it they should both be sacked.

What a weak leader Johnson is proving to be, or he won't sack him because Cummings knows where the bodies are buried.

I just wish the Tories had been as pro active in fighting this virus, as they have been in supporting Cummings North East tour.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

IC, Cummings isn’t worth the <ovf censored> storm.He’ll be gone.

I don’t know Howj, He could cling on by his fingernails... the puppet can’t get rid of the master now can he?

I also think It will do irreparable damage to the Conservative party if he does hang on!

More importantly big article in the Times this morning, Government wasted 22 days in implementing Action against the virus, costing thousands of lives. Scientists have also been saying this as well. I couldn't care less for Johnsons boss Cummings, but the big mistakes made early on the virus action are shocking, putting the public at major risk, and costing untold lives.

Lilttle wonder The Potteries Tory propaganda group are in overdrive.

9 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

You love facts.

Fact one... it’s not his primary home.

Fact two... he went there.

Fact three... guidance said you shouldn’t go to a second home.

I can’t even imagine the number of people Who would have done similar if they hadn’t been following the guidance. Who have struggled through, in pain because they were doing as was requested. 

Did he come back to London and then go back up? It’s not certain yet, but if he did will you finally accept that a) he did wrong and b) it’s been covered up by the current government?

I've never denied that he travelled to Durham, as you can see by my breakdown of the facts above. It's only the WHY that matters, and you've conveniently left out the FACT that he had a vulnerable child (due to age) depending on him and his wife for care.

If he has broken the lockdown rules I will of course accept it, as I've said since the very first post I made on the matter, he should go if that is the case.

8 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Put it another way RB... I’m looking at the weight of evidence that’s building up against an individual and making a call. That’s all.

You are waiting and waiting for more and more evidence before you finally give in and agree the individual was wrong in what they did. Picking apart every little bit of evidence against the individual.

If it was Starmer who had done this you wouldn’t be demanding he same level of scrutiny ... you would be all over it like a cheap suit.

But that’s because you want this person to be cleared. You support them.

Feels a little Deja Vu-ish to me 😉

I'm doing the exact same thing.

Weight of evidence - There is no evidence other than the bluebell story, and that is so dodgy to build your entire case on.

What would you do if an unnamed source claims that he was in London looking at daffodils at the same time, so the person in Durham could not be correct? How would you possibly choose one to believe over the other?

I didn't demand Corbyn be sacked when he failed social distancing in a railway cafe. I didn't demand any of the other 3 labour MPs be sacked when they broke lockdown rules.

I agreed with Neil Ferguson stepping down - as one of the leading people behind the implementation of the lockdown and he did not have a reasonable excuse for being complicit in the lockdown breaches. And the Scottish medical officer was literally going on a holiday to her second home - clearly different from someone ensuring that their child can be cared for in the worst case scenario.

24 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I don’t know Howj, He could cling on by his fingernails... the puppet can’t get rid of the master now can he?

I also think It will do irreparable damage to the Conservative party if he does hang on!

I don't think the Cummings saga will do more than create a small dent in the Tories...... however....... when the dust clears a little further down the covid road the damage caused by the mistakes made during the virus debacle will do serious harm to the party politically.

With a high death rate even a small mistake will cause damage to public confidence.

In my opinion there have been serious mistakes,  the minor ones will just compound the impact

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic