Coronavirus

robf

42 minutes ago, Warren said:

Cummings father contacted the police to discuss the security situation. Obviously Cummings is a media figure and a pile of non socially distanced journalists outside is a health and safety risk.

Cummings seems very good at short distances, 2mtrs and under, 250 miles a bit dodgy.

• Haha 1

Advert:

With regard to what Jenny Harries said on 24th March: "Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.  And if the individuals do not have access to care support - formal care support - or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs." 

When Cummings drove to Durham he was not unable to look after his child because he has said he was worried that if he got the virus he would struggle to do so.  He claims he was travelling in case he couldn't not because he couldn't.  He was never in a position where he and his wife were unable to look after his child because the child remained with them throughout the quarantine period.

Also, he had access to family on his doorstep.  He had absolutely no need whatsoever to drive to his parents home 250 miles away. (Incidentally, he co-owns the  farm with his parents and has received quarter of a million euros in EU subsidies which I'm sure as a man if integrity he will be paying back!)

Just imagine if Seumus Milne rather than Cummings had been the miscreant and Corbyn had backed him to the hilt.  I would have been furious, and more to the point, RB would have spontaeously combusted.  This is not about party lines.  It is about honesty and integrity - neither the PM or Cummings have demonstrated these values. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't take your eyes off the ball in this shameful story.

The UK is on course for over 60,000 excess deaths in the past 2-3 months and it's very tragic, to say the least.

Thanks to the self sacrifice and patience of everyone, we've managed to get on top of this virus.

But when the chief government adviser, who should be self isolating, flouts the rules and travels 250 miles up the MI, he places us all in jeopardy.

How he can remain in post amazes me.

10 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Agree with this - there is a marked difference in a senior politician, involved in the creation and dissemination of advice he's then disrespected, and a journalist doing the same.

Journalist should be reprimanded. Politician should go.

Of course there is a difference, RB knows this too.

But he is in defcon 5 defensive mode and is using whatever he can find.

We have seen if before. He reserves this level of evidence demanding and counter attack for people he really wants to defend.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

What was the special care that the Cumming`s child required that was not available in London from relatives and friends in London?

I’ve asked myself that Fosse.I don’t know but has the child got health issues that can only be dealt with by his parents and their family in Durham?By all accounts the child was with the parents in isolation in Durham..Could the Durham members of the family not have come to London for a couple of weeks?

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

With regard to what Jenny Harries said on 24th March: "Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.  And if the individuals do not have access to care support - formal care support - or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs." 

When Cummings drove to Durham he was not unable to look after his child because he has said he was worried that if he got the virus he would struggle to do so.  He claims he was travelling in case he couldn't not because he couldn't.  He was never in a position where he and his wife were unable to look after his child because the child remained with them throughout the quarantine period.

Also, he had access to family on his doorstep.  He had absolutely no need whatsoever to drive to his parents home 250 miles away. (Incidentally, he co-owns the  farm with his parents and has received quarter of a million euros in EU subsidies which I'm sure as a man if integrity he will be paying back!)

Just imagine if Seumus Milne rather than Cummings had been the miscreant and Corbyn had backed him to the hilt.  I would have been furious, and more to the point, RB would have spontaeously combusted.  This is not about party lines.  It is about honesty and integrity - neither the PM or Cummings have demonstrated these values. 

Spot on Jean. He wasn't ill when he made the trip, and he had family in the city.

People defending this are doing so on partisan "my team has just conceded" lines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Don't take your eyes off the ball in this shameful story.

The UK is on course for over 60,000 excess deaths in the past 2-3 months and it's very tragic, to say the least.

Thanks to the self sacrifice and patience of everyone, we've managed to get on top of this virus.

But when the chief government adviser, who should be self isolating, flouts the rules and travels 250 miles up the MI, he places us all in jeopardy.

How he can remain in post amazes me.

You are absolutely right Sage, my one and only Granddaughter has a problem that places her in the vulnerable section, I don't know when I will see her.  As my daughter rightly says we have a Government spending far to much time defending this idiot, at the same time taking their eye off the ball in the virus fight, not that it has ever been on the ball. My daughters family will be in lockdown for the foreseeable not able to take any chances, and all we hear is Cummings Cummings. What makes it worse is they are fully backed by fools like RB. This is a totally unfair country now.

Advert:

35 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I’ve asked myself that Fosse.I don’t know but has the child got health issues that can only be dealt with by his parents and their family in Durham?By all accounts the child was with the parents in isolation in Durham..Could the Durham members of the family not have come to London for a couple of weeks?

One of the 18 questions the Telegraph is asking, why did  Cumming`s` sister not come down to collect the lad, when the Telegraph asks 18 questions of a Tory PM he should be worried.

Making points about government policy are fine. This isn't though; really seriously offensive. Johnson has been in intensive care and was marginal in terms of surviving. He nearly gave his own life in the cause of the country because he would not have got in that situation if he wasn't required to see so many people in the role of PM.  

Edited by Warren
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Warren said:

Making points about government policy are fine. This isn't though; really seriously offensive. Johnson has been in intensive care and was marginal in terms of surviving. He nearly gave his own life in the cause of the country because he would not have got in that situation if he wasn't required to see so many people in the role of PM.  

It’s more offensive that you expect people to take that seriously. 

Advert:

Excellent. Obligated to investigate now. All they have to do is type the numberplate into the system and there is literally a database that pops up, with images, of every time that plate triggered an ANPR camera. Of which there are thousands. 

29 minutes ago, Warren said:

Are you serious? This must be a wind up.