• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

So I guess not.

The people who are seemingly appalled by the "one rule for them and one rule for us" actually want there to be one rule for Cummings and one for people who actually are breaking social distancing rules. 

Who would have thought. 

Can a freelance photographer be sacked? They could be punished for breaking social distance rules which I would be fine with. Can't you see a difference between photographers breaking the rules and a senior advisor who helped create the rules breaking them? 

It's against the law to drive your car if you are suffering symptoms of coronavirus. No exceptional circumstances. It's not open to interpretation. You cannot leave the area you are in. 

Isn't it funny, when the press attack an individual and hound them it's classed as bullying and yet when it suits a political agenda it's OK and a blind eye is turned.

Boris should have sacked him last night period.

There are examples of MP's breaking the lockdown, Birmingham MP Tahir Ali and Stephen Kinnock for example.

Boris should have sacked him last night period.

I'm also coming to the conclusion that Boris should consider his own position.

Edited by Mario

Advert:

10 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Advice from Harries isn't the law.

If you want to know what the law says listen to the ex police chief of Durham.

Can't wait for you to tell me why the EX police chief of Durham is the oracle.

Here's what a police force not too far from Durham have done with this new law that they know so well:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/coronavirus-marie-dinou-lockdown-stay-at-home-loitering-arrest-fine-police-a9444311.html

Turns out they arrested and charged someone with a crime that does not even exist.

7 minutes ago, WV said:

Can a freelance photographer be sacked? They could be punished for breaking social distance rules which I would be fine with. Can't you see a difference between photographers breaking the rules and a senior advisor who helped create the rules breaking them? 

It's against the law to drive your car if you are suffering symptoms of coronavirus. No exceptional circumstances. It's not open to interpretation. You cannot leave the area you are in. 

Sorry but it is not one rule for Cummings and one rule for photographers.

The law applies to everyone equally.

Please show me the law about driving a car whilst suffering from Covid Symptoms? Not seen that before.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Please show me the law about driving a car whilst suffering from Covid Symptoms? Not seen that before.

If you work for yourself like most photographers do what do you do, sack yourself? Missing the point as always. 

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/driving-advice/coronavirus-covid-19-answering-drivers-questions/

29 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Laughable Sage.

How does the ex police Chief of Durham trump the people who are writing the law? The actual CURRENT police have been charging people with laws that do not exist. There are countless videos of Police officers who are making up laws as they go along.

AND the ACTUAL CURRENT police in Durham decided NO ACTION was necessary and never even spoke to Cummings or his wife.

This is insane.

I note you conveniently forgot to address the advice on the Government website part? The bit recognising that childcare issues may mean you cannot follow all parts of the lockdown?

I'm sorry mate, sometimes you post reasonable stuff, but the mental gymnastics you're performing, repeatedly, over a fairly cut and dry issue is not a good look for someone who clearly has intelligence. You've always been one for the contrarian opinions on here, which is good for healthy debate, but I can't see where you're coming from on this.

You're getting bogged down in minutaie, completely out of touch with how normal people feel at the minute. The most senior 'politician' bar the PM should not have driven 250 miles to get childcare in the midst of a pandemic when we were told to stay home (and that's if we ignore reports of other daytrips to other towns).

The government should have said he'd made a mistake, was clouded by personal concerns over his children, get a formal apology out and quietly let him resign. He'd probably back back in Downing Street by Christmas on the sly, and no one one would have any idea.

Instead, they've turned it on the people, as if us having the audacity to criticise a man driving 250 miles when other were unable to visit dying relatives is somehow worse than the act being criticised. They've spoken down to the public, rewriting their own advice to imply it is 'our' fault for not understanding advice that they've since completely manipulated to save Cummings' skin.

I'm personally more aggrieved by the response of this government, rather than the act itself. This was an issue easily solved; sorry, was wrong, get rid.

Tory backbenchers are angry, Tory commentators are angry, my Conservative-as-they-come Grandparents are angry. I don't know if you see this episode as a 'left wing hate mob', but it really isn't.

You seem to have formed your opinion and you'll defend it to the last, but I just can't see why.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

26 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

If the chief of police was caught with a personal usage amount of drugs he would be sacked immediately.

The law says that everyone else would be given a warning.

People in the public eye have a duty. This “Cummings is the same as a photographer when it comes to following the guidelines he helped create” is an incredibly weak diversion tactic that no one is falling for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

People in the public eye have a duty. This “Cummings is the same as a photographer when it comes to following the guidelines he helped create” is an incredibly weak diversion tactic that no one is falling for. 

Agree with this - there is a marked difference in a senior politician, involved in the creation and dissemination of advice he's then disrespected, and a journalist doing the same.

Journalist should be reprimanded. Politician should go.

• Like 1