• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

If football matches here had to be played behind closed doors,  Sjoke would still count 23000 attendance. 

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

RB is an embarrassing fanatic, how can you condone what this guy has done, RB is an embarrassment to the site.

Did I not say "if true he has to go"?

That was before the mitigating evidence came to light.

I make my mind up on the evidence in front of me, not on my personal biss against or for the Government. 

23 minutes ago, Doha said:

Beautifully played the media, by the way

I agree @Doha, they have played the long game here and waited for the response before issuing a follow up which contradicts their version of events.

I guess the government is now wondering if they have anything more up their sleeve.

6 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

If it's open and shut case why has there been no police action?

He had a legitimate excuse. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dominic-cummings-police-maintain-spoken-22075522

Number 10 has claimed that "at no point" was the controversial advisor approached by officers over allegations he'd broken lockdown rules after developing Covid-19 symptoms.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps doubled down on this point during the Downing Street press briefing this afternoon.

Speaking on Friday, a spokesman for the force said: "On Tuesday, March 31, our officers were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city.

"Officers made contact with the owners of that address, who confirmed that the individual in question was present and was self-isolating in part of the house.

"In line with national policing guidance, officers explained to the family the arrangements around self-isolation guidelines and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/dominic-cummings-no-10-accused-of-covering-up-lockdown-breach

The former chief constable of Durham has said it is clear that Dominic Cummings broke the lockdown rules with his trip from London to the north-east.

Mike Barton’s intervention comes as Downing Street faced accusations of a cover-up over the trip by the prime minister’s top aide to Durham at the height of the national lockdown, with reports that No 10 knew he had made the 264-mile journey after developing coronavirus symptoms.

He told the Guardian: “It’s obvious to anyone this breaks the rules. So it should be especially clear to the people who created them.”

Durham police tried to avoid punishing people for lockdown breaches. It has been one of the forces to issue fewest fines, at about 137 between 27 March and 11 May, compared with North Yorkshire police’s 843.

Barton said: “It sounds like Durham police have taken the sensible line of providing advice. One does not need to prosecute in every case.”

His story has changed twice in 12 hours. He's now saying the sister took care of them and the police didn't talk to him or his family. Which the police contradict. No 10 say the police are lying. This is outrageous.

They must publish the log from the incident number from when the dibble went round. 

Providing advice instead of prosecuting with a fine in line with the officers discretion is police action. It is an outcome to a suspected offence. It will be logged accordingly. The logs must be FOIAd. 

Good luck defending the castle visit. I do love a good bit of investigative journalism. 

2 minutes ago, robf said:

I agree @Doha, they have played the long game here and waited for the response before issuing a follow up which contradicts their version of events.

I guess the government is now wondering if they have anything more up their sleeve.

4 dimensional chess.

The scenes in N10 when Pippa Crerar tweeted out the story - 

I know everyone is desperate for it to be so that cummings simply "visited" family, but it isnt.

The rules have not been changed to suit him. Here is Jenny Harries on 23rd March.

"A small child clearly is a vulnerable individual, so in this case, although we are encouraging everybody to stay in their own households - that's the unit with the same risk exposure - clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.

"If the individuals do not have access to care support, formal care support or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs."

We have people accusing me of bias even though I've not twisted, interpreted, guessed or assumed anything. If this was ANYONE but Cummings then it would not have kicked off this badly. That's how I know how and where the bias is present in this story. 

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dominic-cummings-police-maintain-spoken-22075522

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/dominic-cummings-no-10-accused-of-covering-up-lockdown-breach

His story has changed twice in 12 hours. He's now saying the sister took care of them and the police didn't talk to him or his family. Which the police contradict. No 10 say the police are lying. This is outrageous.

They must publish the log from the incident number from when the dibble went round. 

Providing advice instead of prosecuting with a fine in line with the officers discretion is police action. It is an outcome to a suspected offence. It will be logged accordingly. The logs must be FOIAd. 

Good luck defending the castle visit. I do love a good bit of investigative journalism. 

Open and shut case

3 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I know everyone is desperate for it to be so that cummings simply "visited" family, but it isnt. 

Correct. It isn't simply about family visits.

According to the two new independent witnesses he was also looking at bluebells in a Durham wood with his wife (you know, the one who was infected and could pass it on to other people). That's got beggar all to do with visiting his family or the welfare of his son...

"was heard commenting on how “lovely” the bluebells were during an early morning Sunday stroll with his wife Mary Wakefield."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims

• Like 1

Nobody be mean to father brexit!

His brother in law, the child’s uncle, also lives in London.

His sister in law lives in London and his closest aide is 2 streets away. 

His wife resides with him, in London. She wrote an article about lockdown life in London and entirely omitted any mention of the fact that they were, in fact, in Durham.

His residence appears to be fit for habitation. He is not a risk of imminent eviction, nor is it overcrowded.

He does not reside with vulnerable family members.

Those are the considerations Police Officers have with regards to reasonable excuses in line with the CV19 legislation.

Whilst symptomatic and positive for Coronavirus he drove to supposedly, keep his sprog safe. Surely if he was ill then he has to self-isolate in his house in London. Protect the NHS, stay alert, etc etc? Bizarre idea to get in a car and drive anywhere at all let alone 250 miles whilst symptomatic to the point of collapsing according to Myra sorry Mary Hindley, after having tested positive. Going against all government advice which he put in place. Locked in a car for hours in close proximity whilst extremely virulent. Definitely protecting the kid by doing that. 

This is serious doublethink from the conservatives and its nuts. 

And now this evening we have the revelation that he was actually so not ill, he went on a little walking tour of Barnard Castle and Houghton woods. So no need for urgent, imminent childcare like he claimed.

Cummings has today killed people because a load of morons in this country will now be even less compliant with the social distancing and lockdown rules because if the govt doesn't have to, why should they. It's not hyperbole, it's a fcking fact. His arrogance in a pandemic has gone so far as to lead to deaths. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, robf said:

According to the two new independent witnesses he was also looking at bluebells in a Durham wood with his wife (you know, the one who was infected and could pass it on to other people). That's got beggar all to do with visiting his family or the welfare of his son...

"was heard commenting on how “lovely” the bluebells were during an early morning Sunday stroll with his wife Mary Wakefield."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims

That is new evidence then and I will wait and see if there is a rebuttal before I join in the witch hunt.

A bit suspicious that 2 witnesses come forward 6 weeks later having seemingly not gone to the press before now? Or have the press sat on this info?

7 minutes ago, robf said:

That, if true, would be a smoking gun. Guess it would depend on whether it was after they had finished the quarantine period. If it was after she recovered it would be a none story.

36 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Did I not say "if true he has to go"?

That was before the mitigating evidence came to light.

I make my mind up on the evidence in front of me, not on my personal biss against or for the Government. 

What a joke. You have NEVER ever criticised the Tories ever. You are a fanatic, disgraceful, they say you deserve the Government you have got you RB deserve this excuse for a Government 

3 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

What a joke. You have NEVER ever criticised the Tories ever. You are a fanatic, disgraceful, they say you deserve the Government you have got you RB deserve this excuse for a Government 

I'll take that as a huge compliment then, thanks.

And I have criticised them, in this very thread, more than once. Another thing you've said that is 100% demonstrably untrue.

10 minutes ago, JRC said:

If it was after she recovered it would be a none story.

Why's that then?

There are two separate sightings, the castle and the woods, a week apart, and sandwiched between that was him seen working back in London. Meaning he travelled up to Dorset and went out during lockdown a second time. 

Cummings is in a jam now as he either had his child who was obviously exposed to the virus looked after by his sister, which carries a high risk of passing on the infection or the child stayed with them which beggars the question why leave home.

He surely has to go and most of the cabinet have done nothing to help the governments authority by backing him.

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic