6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

PM statement on coronavirus: 18 March 2020:

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-statement-on-coronavirus-18-march-2020

I also need to remind parents that, as we have already advised, children should not be left with older grandparents, or older relatives, who may be particularly vulnerable or fall into some of the vulnerable groups and I know that will be difficult too. And I want to thank families for their sacrifice at this difficult time. I want to thank whole country for the efforts people are making to comply with these measures.

Not sure that applies when you have a potentially life threatening virus. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

Hello all,

Having deleted several posts in this thread, can I remind you all to:

• Attack the argument not the person.
  • If you are insulted please report the post without responding
  • If another user winds you up can you use the ignore option

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

The guidance was 100% crystal clear.

If you are self isolating with symptoms you don't leave the house FOR ANY REASON.

This is where it gets foggy sage..... guidance isn't law.

9 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Even if you are unable to care for a 4 year old child?

He has a sister in law in London and his PR lives two streets away from him.

You do not leave your house FOR ANY REASON.  

If you are in need of help someone should come to you.

Nobody should leave their house if they are showing symptoms of this killer virus, least all travel 250 miles north in a car.

Stupidity of the highest level. 

1 minute ago, Doha said:

You need to enable being able to use it on a moderator. 

If you go to it, you can use it on whoever you want. 😉

14 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Not sure that applies when you have a potentially life threatening virus. 

So all the guidance doesn’t stand for anyone with the Virus? 

Why weren’t other families up and down the country given the same advice?

They were given clear advice... stay in your primary home, don’t take children to elderly relatives, don’t travel the country.

Think of all the people who have faced the same situation up and down the country. The fear they have faced, the pain the illness has caused them while they struggled on with their kids... they were told not to make life easier for themselves on their own accord.

They were told to follow the guidance.

Edited by Iron Curtain

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Cummings is a kn*b. However, I heard Ian Blackford on Radio 4 this morning talking about it. I want someone to ask him how his party leader has managed to do 9 weeks of lockdown without her hair growing by a millimetre. Is her husband a hairdresser?

I have it on good authority that the question has already been asked. Sturgeon cuts her own hair during the lockdown. The more sensitive question was not, but hair dye is available on line in any case.

12 minutes ago, Doha said:

That previously didn't work, does now. Ta Rob. 

I haven't changed anything so not sure why it wasn't working before. The ignore works on any account as far as I am aware.

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Not at all. He didnt break and rules according to the evidence we have. 

Case closed isnt it? 

He did break the rules though, fairly obviously?

image.png.00e06e1230b0f4c028818d855326887d.png

Deeply disconcerting that I could guess the inviduals who would be defending Cummings before I opened the thread.

Further proof that it is now no longer judging each issue on its own merit, but also taking into account whether the individual involved is on your 'team' or not.

Its become like supporting a football club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

That's exactly what it is. 

We're going to be stood outside VP watching a funeral cortege go past next week, while Regal Begal treats Napoleon Cummings' flouting of the law driving hundreds of miles while +ve for the virus to two pensioners, with mirth. ("Probably not going to get a knighthood for his sterling work now.)

I just feel embarrassed for them. 

• Like 1

I've always tried to defend her/BBC, but Laura Kuenssberg's immediate 'rebuttal' of the claims, after taking such delight in the Ferguson drama (wow, what a great story!) has tipped me over the edge.

I don't think she does it maliciously/through active bias, I think she's just so entrenched in Westminster/keen to keep good relations with this obviously traditional media-averse executive that she is willing to peddle party lines, or doesn't realise how bad it looks at times. Its a real shame.

Within seconds of it breaking, she's scrambling to tell everyone how very legal and OK it was, according to her sources.

Unfortunately, it appear some journalists view their job as to repeat what they've been told by politicians, their role reduced to disseminators of public broadcasts, and not to question/investigate it.

Edited by Joe B

59 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Nobody should leave their house if they are showing symptoms of this killer virus, least all travel 250 miles north in a car.

It depends whether he came into contact with others during the trip. If he and his family drove from one address to another without coming into contact with others I don't really see the issue. The point of lockdown was to restrict social contact. If he got to Durham and then met up with his family he clearly should be sacked. 

If he drove in his own car with no contact with anyone so his 4 year old son could be taken care of in the event of his parents getting significantly sicker then I dont see the issue.  I think its more responsible than getting his family to drive to London to pick up a 4 year old who might be infectious. In the first instance they needed to keep the child until they were incapable of doing so because the child may well have been asymptomatic and so a potential source of infection for others.

Stupidity of the highest level is having a 4 year old in a situation like that and not doing something to safeguard the child if the situation deteriorated,  which it could have done very quickly. Anyone who wouldn't have done the same thing needs to take a look into their own soul. For me its a very different situation to the guy who got his mistress around or doing weekend visits to second homes; both pleasure related and wrong. I'd have done it without any doubt and I'd think anyone who didn't a little sick to be honest.

Edited by JRC

59 minutes ago, TheSage said:

EYtu_GdWkAAM0zx?format=jpg&name=medium

27 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Deeply disconcerting that I could guess the inviduals who would be defending Cummings before I opened the thread.

Further proof that it is now no longer judging each issue on its own merit, but also taking into account whether the individual involved is on your 'team' or not.

This... a thousand times this.

People on here should be made to read this over and over and over again.

Its embarrassing to see some of the flippant, high horse, biased rubbish spouted in here!

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic