robf

Coronavirus

28 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I don’t believe for one second he even had it it was just get him out of the firing line 

Can't accept that. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WV said:

That did cross my mind as well. 

So the NHS staff who treated him are lying..................

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I don’t believe for one second he even had it it was just get him out of the firing line 

That’s being silly now.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Well said, Howjy.

That is one of the key points.

Cummings has a sister in law and brother in London. He has a PA two streets away. I can't believe or accept that he hasn't got anyone closer than 250 miles away in case of emergency (which in any case wasn't needed).

Surely to goodness if it was a serious crisis then, as you say, someone could go to his home.

That's what we'd all do. Not break the law.

I've done my level best for 2-3 months. I haven't seen my daughter since Xmas because she's in London. I haven't seen my 94 year old neighbour who I've known for over 30 years because she's been ill in hospital. She died recently and I won't be able to go to the funeral. Others have even more sorrowful tales to tell. And I haven't even mentioned the health and care workers who have paid with their lives to keep us safe and well. 

And then this idiot decides he's above the law and untouchable and even though the family is infected he decides to drive 250 miles north and risks spreading the virus.

I just can't believe what I'm witnessing. Johnson might as well have showed us two fingers tonight. Appalling leadership qualities. But I doubt we've heard the end of this.

I miss my grandson so much.He’s my best mate.I think that has angered me more than anything.Hopefully we can see our families and friends soon.

Edited by Howjy04
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Please explain

Cost of investigating what Cummings did then potentially pressing charges is a complete waste of tax payers money.

19 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Complete waste of tax payers money

Agreed. Boris knows what has happened and should have done the right thing and gotten rid.

Instead, he is so weak he bowed down to his puppet master.

So now we, the tax payers are being forced to pay for an investigation to prove it.

If the investigation proves Cummings did wrong, it’s another reason for Boris to fall on his sword. You just said it yourself... we can add wasting tax payer money to list. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

If the chief of police was caught with a personal usage amount of drugs he would be sacked immediately.

The law says that everyone else would be given a warning.

People in the public eye have a duty. This “Cummings is the same as a photographer when it comes to following the guidelines he helped create” is an incredibly weak diversion tactic that no one is falling for. 

Fair enough, that is a good point.

3 hours ago, TheSage said:

I suspect he knows a bit about about the law than a medical adviser.

Just a thought.

I suspect he doesn't know as much about the law as a medical advisor who helped to design it.

20 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I miss my grandson so much.He’s my best mate.I think that has angered me more than anything.Hopefully we can see our families and friends soon.

This is the frustrating part Howj, I have only seen my Granddaughter a couple of times, and it will be a while before we are able to see her again. This frustrates me, stuff the idiot Cummings I want to see the end of this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Of course there is a difference, RB knows this too.

But he is in defcon 5 defensive mode and is using whatever he can find.

We have seen if before. He reserves this level of evidence demanding and counter attack for people he really wants to defend.

Not at all, it was a point about the photographers that I'd not considered. Prosecute them but to ask that they are sacked it a bit irrelevant.

I'm pretty confident in my evidence - namely the actual guidence from the Chief medical officers and the Government website. No desperation here and I'm not one of the ones throwing as much mud as I can to hope some of it sticks.

10 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Cost of investigating what Cummings did then potentially pressing charges is a complete waste of tax payers money.

He said please explain. You have failed to do so. Explain why the police investigating and prosecuting an offence with the aggravating factor of covering it up, is a 'complete waste of tax payers money.'

Because he's father brexit? Is that why?

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Because he's father brexit? Is that why?

This whole thing is because of that. There's no other reason.

If it was pretty much anyone else in Government no one would care one bit. No one fussed at all when Jenrick did it. This is a hit job and the media are a disgrace in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

This whole thing is because of that. There's no other reason.

If it was pretty much anyone else in Government no one would care one bit. No one fussed at all when Jenrick did it. This is a hit job and the media are a disgrace in my opinion.

Its because he's literally the most senior politician in this country bar the PM. Its not a hit-job. Its holding those in power to account, to the same level me and you are.

If Johnson, Sunak, Raab, Patel, Hancock did the same, I'd expect the same outrage. I'd be just as angry.

Its nothing to do with Brexit; that issue is done and gone. Stop inventing enemies. I haven't seen Brexit mentioned for months.

We're talking about the PM's right hand man here. That's why it is getting press coverage. Not some big conspiracy by the left wing press (ha ha) to bring down a Brexiteer. If Starmer had done the same I'd be just as critical, and would want the same scrutiny; the only difference being that Starmer hadn't been involved in the dissemination of the advice.

Edited by Joe B
  • Thanks 1

It`s amusing to see many tory MP`s rushing to apologise for their support of Cummings, having been bombarded by messages from tory members who have followed the rules set out by the government.

They obviously forgot that they were elected to represent their constituents not their career or their party.

Perhaps Boris could use the furore to release that investigation into Russian interference that has sat on his desk for 6 months.

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

With regard to what Jenny Harries said on 24th March: "Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.  And if the individuals do not have access to care support - formal care support - or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs." 

When Cummings drove to Durham he was not unable to look after his child because he has said he was worried that if he got the virus he would struggle to do so.  He claims he was travelling in case he couldn't not because he couldn't.  He was never in a position where he and his wife were unable to look after his child because the child remained with them throughout the quarantine period.

Also, he had access to family on his doorstep.  He had absolutely no need whatsoever to drive to his parents home 250 miles away.

As no one has actually contradicted this statement of what Harries said, I assume we all accept this.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Leftie rags! Leftie rags!

EYz8z1sXQAQuk9R?format=jpg&name=medium

Just a hit job mate! The loony, intolerant left are at it again. Disgusting.