15 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I think Staffs are opening up ,IC.PPE provided.

At least it now gives us a proper scientific approach to assess the impact of opening the schools.

Some schools will open, some wont.... we can now assess the impact of doing so.

I hope to goodness it doesn't cause a spike in cases like in France.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-france-school-cases-reopen-lockdown-a9520386.html

• Thanks 1

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Can we please stop politicising this situation.  It's nowt to do with Tory/Labour/Leaver/Remain.  It's a situation in which we all need to be sensible, listen to advice, stop being so bloody selfish i

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

At least it now gives us a proper scientific approach to assess the impact of opening the schools.

Some schools will open, some wont.... we can now assess the impact of doing so.

I hope to goodness it doesn't cause a spike in cases like in France.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-france-school-cases-reopen-lockdown-a9520386.html

My grandson ‘s new uniform is made of cotton wool.

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

I won’t mention Dianne Abbot sending her brat to private school or Keir Starmer  being a millionaire along with the Great Jezza and 4 boats 2 homes McDonell.

On the other hand there are plenty of ten bob tories, I`m not sure what point you are trying to make.

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

I won’t mention Dianne Abbot sending her brat to private school or Keir Starmer  being a millionaire along with the Great Jezza and 4 boats 2 homes McDonell.

All credit to Keir Starmer for representing the Labour Party and not the greedy rich party 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

All credit to Keir Starmer for representing the Labour Party and not the greedy rich party 

But he is a nasty man because according to the Mail he bought a field behind his parents house so that his ex nurse mother could keep rescue donkeys. 

• Like 1

If the private schools are shut, perhaps they could open their doors and teaching staff to the state sector so that they can acheive the safe distancing required. Afterall they enjoy generous tax breaks at the moment and could show that we really are in this together.

Disappointed to come onto this thread and seeing Keir Starmer attacked for *check notes* being wealthy. Is this the same way he is attacked for being DPP and a Knight, as if being successful is not allowed if you're a member of the Labour Party?

You're allowed to make money via capitalism whilst also wanting fairer opportunities for more people, paying a bit more tax, and wanting a bit more investment into public servies. These are not antithetical.

It is a sorry state of affairs when people leaning Conservative portray everyone to the left of them as communists who don't believe in wealth creation, when they instead have a slightly different view on how large/involved the State should be. I thought the Left were the intolerant, nasty ones?

I'm not going to go back through and see whether Starmer was attacked for buying land (which he isn't going to build on. Only in that case would it be worth the suggested £10m. He wasn't, and can't, build on it, so its valuation is pointless) for comparative pittance, in order to rescue donkeys and provide his late mother with some pleasure during her illnesses.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

But he is a nasty man because according to the Mail he bought a field behind his parents house so that his ex nurse mother could keep rescue donkeys. 

And donkeys are more hardworking than some of the idiots in the cabinet

20200520_121956.jpg

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

“Thirty four thousand deaths IS’NT negative ,is negative “.Kier Starmer.Under pressure were we today ?.Shall we start a Keir Starmer oops thread.

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

“Thirty four thousand deaths IS’NT negative ,is negative “.Kier Starmer.Under pressure were we today ?.Shall we start a Keir Starmer oops thread.

Matt Hancock under pressure- henearly was thrown out of the commons. I think he should watch his tone.

3 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Boris Johnson: raiding funds for the NHS isn’t difficult... errr Is difficult”

3 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Not seen PMQs again due to work but it looks like Starmer had a stinker today. Neutrals asking whether or not he is any good when he has not got a script to read from.

We shall see. 

7 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Not seen PMQs again due to work but it looks like Starmer had a stinker today. Neutrals asking whether or not he is any good when he has not got a script to read from.

We shall see. 

I did watch.

I agree with Andrew Neil. Boris tried very hard to make it look like he was on top of the facts but it didn’t really work.

In return Starmer had trouble thinking on his feet.

Also looks like tactics to jeer and shout load to support Bojo were enacted with Raab told off and asked if he would like to leave the house.

Im certainly not seeing Anywhere that Starmer had “a stinker” but definitely closer than the mauling he gave Johnson the last 2 times out. 

It’s all opinions though I guess.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic