robf

Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

It's not like gender.  You cant just declare yourself a journalist unless you actually are an accredited journalist.  Stop being ridiculous just to try and defend something that really isnt up for debate.

I'm not defending Cummings..... he should be sacked whether it was against the law or not.

Just now, geosname said:

I'm not defending Cummings..... he should be sacked whether it was against the law or not.

No you are defending Farage as a journalist... hence the journalist stuff which was never related to Cummings...

You are losing the plot.

• Like 2

1. 1a : the collection and editing of news for presentation through the media.
  2. b : the public press.
  3. c : an academic study concerned with the collection and editing of news or the management of a news medium.

7 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

No you are defending Farage as a journalist... hence the journalist stuff which was never related to Cummings...

You are losing the plot.

Not defending simply stating a fact you seem ignorant of

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Is Farage in the NUJ? Asking for a friend.

Don't know but it's not a necessity. 

54 minutes ago, ginge said:

People are dying. Rules are in place for a reason.

And you clearly either think it's funny to joke about someone not following them, or agree that it is acceptable for the rules to be broken.

Not at all. He didnt break and rules according to the evidence we have. 

Case closed isnt it? 

1 minute ago, Regal Beagle said:

Case closed isnt it? 

Please explain how he didn't break the rules with evidence

Edited by ginge

2 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Case closed isnt it? 

We have little evidence except he made the trip...... whether he broke the rules or not he should be leading by example..... everyone else was told not to travel.

If the story had actually replaced “Cummings” with “Corbyn” RB would have demanded his immediate incarceration in the Tower. 

Edited by Jacko51
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If the story had actually replaced “Cummings” with “Corbyn” RB would have demanded his immediate incarceration in the Tower. 

Corbyn has already actually flouted the rules though when he was pictured at a cafe not social distancing, at his age too.

I dont believe I demanded he be sacked 

The guidance was 100% crystal clear.

If you are self isolating with symptoms you don't leave the house FOR ANY REASON.

So Cummings' sole consideration was his son's welfare?  In which case, I assumed both he and his wife isolated from his son to avoid passing on the virus.  Yet his wife, in her article in the Spectator tells of how their four year old son dressed in a doctor's uniform and "administered Ribena with the grim insistence of a Broadmoor nurse".  So according to her, the boy was with them while Cummings was ill and not separated from them.

Their whole story is riddled with dishonesty.

56 minutes ago, TheSage said:

If you are self isolating with symptoms you don't leave the house FOR ANY REASON.

It was unusually clear for this government, you self isolate at the home where you reside.

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Neil Ferguson broke the rules, Cummings didn't, according to him, the gov and seemingly the lack of police action. 

It does make sense to me that you would make provisions for childcare if you think you may be incapacitated shortly. 

You can write that off as 'not making sense' but the fact is it makes perfect sense. 

PM statement on coronavirus: 18 March 2020:

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-statement-on-coronavirus-18-march-2020

I also need to remind parents that, as we have already advised, children should not be left with older grandparents, or older relatives, who may be particularly vulnerable or fall into some of the vulnerable groups and I know that will be difficult too. And I want to thank families for their sacrifice at this difficult time. I want to thank whole country for the efforts people are making to comply with these measures.

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Even if you are unable to care for a 4 year old child?

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Corbyn has already actually flouted the rules though when he was pictured at a cafe not social distancing, at his age too.

I dont believe I demanded he be sacked 

Why would you want the guy making the Labour Party unelectable sacked... if he was any danger to Boris you would have.