Jump to content
robf

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Except he didn't find any.  Outstanding journalism!

He did in one of his reports apparently..... but even if he didn't the police should not have been involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

There have been at least 2 labour idiots. They seem to get away with the police having a word with them and no one is really that bothered about it in the public.

In case you haven't noticed your current party (you really are UKIP but obviously they are a non entity) have been in power for 11 years, so why in your predictable posts do you always start by blaming either Labour, Corbyn, Left wing media or the EU. Regardless of breaking rules Cummings did wrong , and certainly not a good example for the General public in lockdown.  Boris will back him to the hilt though, because he knows to much about him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheSage said:

No 10 says he nor his family were spoken to by the police. Who is lying?

 

Further on in that article it quotes a government spokesman:

“At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter. His actions were in line with coronavirus guidelines. Mr Cummings believes he behaved reasonably and legally.”

Durham police said on Friday that officers had “explained to the family the [lockdown] guidelines”. On Saturday the force said it was standing by its statement and had nothing further to add.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, geosname said:

Like it or not he is..... which makes him a key worker.

He traveled to report on boat loads of illegal immigrants entering the country with no checks on their health

Like it or not he is not. He presents a radio show, owns a business, and is a failed politician. It was unnecessary travel. He could have made his video at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ginge said:

People are dying. Rules are in place for a reason.

And you clearly either think it's funny to joke about someone not following them, or agree that it is acceptable for the rules to be broken.

Were laws broken or was advice ignored?

I don't know the answer.

Whichever he should be fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TheSage said:

No 10 says he nor his family were spoken to by the police. Who is lying?

 

Are you suggest Boris could be telling lies!!!  Well he has made a career out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If everything is true what is being reported he should resign which he won’t so therefore Boris should have some balls and sack him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ginge said:

Like it or not he is not. He presents a radio show, owns a business, and is a failed politician. It was unnecessary travel. He could have made his video at home.

Difficult unless his house faces the harbour where the boats were escorted to.

You don't need to work for a newspaper or television to be a journalist..... if you have a utube channel dedicated in part to reporting even local events you are classed as a journalist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, geosname said:

Difficult unless his house faces the harbour where the boats were escorted to.

You don't need to work for a newspaper or television to be a journalist..... if you have a utube channel dedicated in part to reporting even local events you are classed as a journalist. 

I have a pair of football boots in my garage, does that make me a footballer?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cummings' wife wrote an article in The Spectator in which she described his illness and said "we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown".  So do they have one of those clever Star Trek transporter things that allowed them to leave quarantine in Durham and emerge in London?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Cummings' wife wrote an article in The Spectator in which she described his illness and said "we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown".  So do they have one of those clever Star Trek transporter things that allowed them to leave quarantine in Durham and emerge in London?

If they did no wrong why didnt she mention it in her article I wonder?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, geosname said:

Difficult unless his house faces the harbour where the boats were escorted to.

You don't need to work for a newspaper or television to be a journalist..... if you have a utube channel dedicated in part to reporting even local events you are classed as a journalist. 

Ok great! I will make a YouTube account tonight! I'm going to Wales tomorrow to do a report on welsh holiday homes. I'm now a journalist so I am allowed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ginge said:

Ok great! I will make a YouTube account tonight! I'm going to Wales tomorrow to do a report on welsh holiday homes. I'm now a journalist so I am allowed. 

Depends if you have the testicular fortitude to stand up for your rights....

If you have I would suggest you include corona virus in the report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I have a pair of football boots in my garage, does that make me a footballer?

It makes you someone with a garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

If everything is true what is being reported he should resign which he won’t so therefore Boris should have some balls and sack him. 

Boris won't sack him because Cummings knows where the bodies are buried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

If they did no wrong why didnt she mention it in her article I wonder?

You don't have to prove innocence..... someone has to prove guilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geosname said:

Depends if you have the testicular fortitude to stand up for your rights....

If you have I would suggest you include corona virus in the report.

It's not like gender.  You cant just declare yourself a journalist unless you actually are an accredited journalist.  Stop being ridiculous just to try and defend something that really isnt up for debate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, geosname said:

It makes you someone with a garage.

Ok, I have put them on and am now kicking a ball...  am I a footballer yet?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nofinikea said:

It's not like gender.  You cant just declare yourself a journalist unless you actually are an accredited journalist.  Stop being ridiculous just to try and defend something that really isnt up for debate.

You don't need credentials to be a journalist..... no one issues credentials except to identify company personnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geosname said:

You don't need credentials to be a journalist..... no one issues credentials except to identify company personnel.

Even by your standards that's ridiculous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy