• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

33 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

The problem with a temporary suspension of fixtures is when do the games restart ?

Early talk is of a two week suspension to take us up to the international break. But as confirmed cases rise steeply, it’s difficult to see how the powers that be can see fit to suspend games in the current climate yet sanction their return when figures will undoubtably be much higher than now.

I don’t think abandoning the season is the answer, but now that players are testing positive for this virus, that scenario has to be a distinct possibility.

Until April 4th at least,RR.Official.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

Who do I write to in China for reparations?

Not only do Vale miss 3 weeks of cash flow because of this, but if the season starts up again we will potentially be in the position where players OOC in July are playing games around then. How's this going to work exactly? 3 week coronavirus contract extensions?

This is shlte. I'm gutted. Would rather it was behind closed doors than binned off.

Advert:

17 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

No they haven't but this rumour has been doing the rounds since about 3pm.  It's good example of how people just pass on any old <ovf censored> without checking it first and a good reason why it would be a good move to temporarily shut down social media to stop the spread of misinformation.

Thanks for that. It wasn’t a rumour it came from a well known reliable political reporter. Nichola Sturgeon came out of the COBRA meeting and announced it. 
At that particular time she didn’t obviously realise that Johnson hadn’t got the balls to do it.

so you can put your big book of self righteous moral indignation away.

10 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

You are obviously a bit dull.

She announced the measures in Scotland ONLY.

Ah the coronavirus obviously respects the imaginary line between us and scotland so that will all be ok then. 

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Who do I write to in China for reparations?

Not only do Vale miss 3 weeks of cash flow because of this, but if the season starts up again we will potentially be in the position where players OOC in July are playing games around then. How's this going to work exactly? 3 week coronavirus contract extensions?

This is shlte. I'm gutted. Would rather it was behind closed doors than binned off.

We'd be in an even worse position if it was played behind closed doors. At least the money will come in at some point in the future when the games are actually played. 

If it gets as far as July, I think the season will be declared void and we'll start again in August. No promotions/relegations/championships etc... 

Advert:

1 hour ago, cheshirevaliant said:

We'd be in an even worse position if it was played behind closed doors. At least the money will come in at some point in the future when the games are actually played. 

If it gets as far as July, I think the season will be declared void and we'll start again in August. No promotions/relegations/championships etc... 

Leeds and West Brom would have something to say about that as they're in the Championship play-off places and would no doubt argue they would warrant a £150 million promotion into the Premier League. Their lawyers would argue it as well.

Liverpool could have won the Premier League tomorrow had this week's fixtures been fulfilled.

If this whole thing we're to drag on until July then I think it's more likely they would modify the next season somehow. Besides if this is still raging in the summer then it's very likely something that will heavily effect next season as well 

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Leeds and West Brom would have something to say about that as they're in the Championship play-off places and would no doubt argue they would warrant a £150 million promotion into the Premier League. Their lawyers would argue it as well.

Liverpool could have won the Premier League tomorrow had this week's fixtures been fulfilled.

If this whole thing we're to drag on until July then I think it's more likely they would modify the next season somehow. Besides if this is still raging in the summer then it's very likely something that will heavily effect next season as well 

Split the EFL into four divisions next season rather than three, thereby cutting the number of games to be played in each. No promotion or relegation between them (but top and bottom divisions could still exchange clubs with the Prem and National League), then reform the existing three divisions the following season based on league position in the four divisions. 

Well, that's how I'd do it anyway.

17 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Split the EFL into four divisions next season rather than three, thereby cutting the number of games to be played in each. No promotion or relegation between them (but top and bottom divisions could still exchange clubs with the Prem and National League), then reform the existing three divisions the following season based on league position in the four divisions. 

Well, that's how I'd do it anyway.

Problem is, if you cut the number of games you cut income for the clubs?

• Like 1

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Problem is, if you cut the number of games you cut income for the clubs?

If you're worried about the income of football clubs just consider how the wider measures will impact the incomes of businesses across the globe. How many millions of people will die as a result of the inevitable global recession which will last anything up to a decade? Why are we as a global society destroying our future for a generation to prolong the lives of ancient humans (80 years plus) who are extremely close to death anyway?

It's a shame that the lessons learnt from the pandemic will come too late for those who will die as result of economic lockdown. Statistically those who have been saved from Coronavirus through these draconian measures will largely have died of something else by the time that we realize how daft those in charge have been.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, The Waterboy said:

If you're worried about the income of football clubs just consider how the wider measures will impact the incomes of businesses across the globe.

I'm simply pointing out that your suggestion increases the financial problems of football clubs when the virus is already going to affect them badly.

1 hour ago, The Waterboy said:

If you're worried about the income of football clubs just consider how the wider measures will impact the incomes of businesses across the globe. How many millions of people will die as a result of the inevitable global recession which will last anything up to a decade? Why are we as a global society destroying our future for a generation to prolong the lives of ancient humans (80 years plus) who are extremely close to death anyway?

It's a shame that the lessons learnt from the pandemic will come too late for those who will die as result of economic lockdown. Statistically those who have been saved from Coronavirus through these draconian measures will largely have died of something else by the time that we realize how daft those in charge have been.

There seems to be something seriously wrong...... with you.

• Like 3