Jump to content
robf

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Geo,. A vaccine is a modified or killed form of a microorganism/virus that doesn't go on to cause the full blown disease. When the vaccine is injected into a human (or animal)  the immune system produces antibodies to the virus, antibody production is one of the first steps of the immune system that leads to a full blown immune response and the eventual suppression or elimination  of the disease in that person.

Once antibodies are produced to a virus they remain in the body, if the virus attacks for a 2nd time the immune system is primed with the antibodies and responds faster and lesser or  no disease occurs.

A possible treatment to halt the spread of/treatment for the coronavirus is to take plasma/serum from from people who have recovered from the disease (this plasma/serum contains antibodies to the coronavirus) and inject/transfuse it into people who don't have or have just contracted the disease but the logistics to do this world wide would be immense. Apparently this was done during the Spanish Flu Pandemic in the early 20th century.

 

Pretty much what I thought, my concern would be how it mutates or what it mutates into...... a passive none life threatening "cold/flue type" or an agressive organ attacker..... ideally it might just die (nice thought)

On a separate note..... I have all the symptoms described by the BBC except the fever, I had them before the virus due to pre existing conditions and damage and fever is difficult when the temperature is low 40sC. I doubt I am the only person in a similar situation Except for the temperature which may reduce the number.

There also seems some disagreement over the incubation period, ranges from 5 to 24 days, and if it's possible to get it again..... (unreliable?) Testing in China suggests that people who have recovered still test positive but are not contagious..... if true it suggests it may lay dormant in the system until it flares up again.... similar to herpes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Arsenal head coach Arteta now confirmed with the virus.

Oh well if the preciouses have it the rest of us are doomed......:dizzy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, TylerB said:

It's time to take firm action. Put 80% of the entire nation on lockdown for one month. Put the army on the streets. If you don't obey orders and and don't want the follow the rules then you run the risk of being shot. But that's on you. Anyone that leaves the country during this period has a one way ticket. Economies can recover, corpses cant. A few weeks is an inconvenience but it's so much better than a life sentence.

And for those who love Big Brother can sit at home drinking their weekly allocation of Victory Gin 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Woakesy said:

We might just get Saturday in but matter of time before games suspended.

I absolutely agree--it's a sure-fire one-way bet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with a temporary suspension of fixtures is when do the games restart ?

Early talk is of a two week suspension to take us up to the international break. But as confirmed cases rise steeply, it’s difficult to see how the powers that be can see fit to suspend games in the current climate yet sanction their return when figures will undoubtably be much higher than now.

I don’t think abandoning the season is the answer, but now that players are testing positive for this virus, that scenario has to be a distinct possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

The problem with a temporary suspension of fixtures is when do the games restart ?

Early talk is of a two week suspension to take us up to the international break. But as confirmed cases rise steeply, it’s difficult to see how the powers that be can see fit to suspend games in the current climate yet sanction their return when figures will undoubtably be much higher than now.

I don’t think abandoning the season is the answer, but now that players are testing positive for this virus, that scenario has to be a distinct possibility.

Until April 4th at least,RR.Official.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question is will we be any better off in 3 weeks time? Possibly only if you’ve had it and got better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who do I write to in China for reparations?

Not only do Vale miss 3 weeks of cash flow because of this, but if the season starts up again we will potentially be in the position where players OOC in July are playing games around then. How's this going to work exactly? 3 week coronavirus contract extensions?

This is shlte. I'm gutted. Would rather it was behind closed doors than binned off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

I absolutely agree--it's a sure-fire one-way bet!

Even I didn't quite realise how prophetic my post of an hour ago was going to be.....!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

No they haven't but this rumour has been doing the rounds since about 3pm.  It's good example of how people just pass on any old <ovf censored> without checking it first and a good reason why it would be a good move to temporarily shut down social media to stop the spread of misinformation.

Thanks for that. It wasn’t a rumour it came from a well known reliable political reporter. Nichola Sturgeon came out of the COBRA meeting and announced it. 
At that particular time she didn’t obviously realise that Johnson hadn’t got the balls to do it.

so you can put your big book of self righteous moral indignation away.

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnJames said:

Thanks for that. It wasn’t a rumour it came from a well known reliable political reporter. Nichola Sturgeon came out of the COBRA meeting and announced it. 
At that particular time she didn’t obviously realise that Johnson hadn’t got the balls to do it.

so you can put your big book of self righteous moral indignation away.

 


 

You are obviously a bit dull.

She announced the measures in Scotland ONLY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

You are obviously a bit dull.

She announced the measures in Scotland ONLY.

Ah the coronavirus obviously respects the imaginary line between us and scotland so that will all be ok then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doha said:

Who do I write to in China for reparations?

Not only do Vale miss 3 weeks of cash flow because of this, but if the season starts up again we will potentially be in the position where players OOC in July are playing games around then. How's this going to work exactly? 3 week coronavirus contract extensions?

This is shlte. I'm gutted. Would rather it was behind closed doors than binned off.

 

We'd be in an even worse position if it was played behind closed doors. At least the money will come in at some point in the future when the games are actually played. 

If it gets as far as July, I think the season will be declared void and we'll start again in August. No promotions/relegations/championships etc... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy