robf

Coronavirus

12 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I can't understand why we are still allowing flights in and out of China?

Makes no difference as Italy has proved. They cancelled all flights to and from China early on yet the biggest outbreak in Europe is in North Italy. 

As an aside, I went to the Royal Stoke this morning and they already have their coronavirus pod set up ready to receive patients. 

Edited by Heatwave
  • Thanks 1

It's going to spread and there isnt much anyone can do.  People cant afford to isolate themselves for 2 weeks as many dont get sick pay, plus most of us will just show symptoms of a cold so wont even know we have had it.

Its deadly to vulnerable people, so would it not be safer (and maybe cheaper) to somehow isolate them from the possibility of catching it?  Not sure how it could work but it's a thought.

Tens of thousands of folk die of flu in this country every year yet still folk refuse to have the flu jab. I bet more die of flu here every year than have died of corona virus across the whole world so far. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have a school and doctors surgery closed in Buxton this morning due to someone returning from Tenerife with the virus. Its inevitable that people returning from infected areas will spread the virus, but hopefully they can contain it.

40 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I can't understand why we are still allowing flights in and out of China?

How else do people return to the UK once they are fit to travel?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How else do people return to the UK once they are fit to travel?

No problem with those who have been given the all clear but what about others who haven't.Australia have announced that foreign arrivals will not be allowed entry into the country as part of measures to tackle the crisis and Qantas have also announced that they have suspended direct flights to and from mainland China.

2 minutes ago, For Us All said:

No problem with those who have been given the all clear but what about others who haven't.Australia have announced that foreign arrivals will not be allowed entry into the country as part of measures to tackle the crisis and Qantas have also announced that they have suspended direct flights to and from mainland China.

It is up to us who we allow on the plane.

14 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I don't know why people keep holding up Australia as this great shining example for us all. Half the country is on fire and they're allowing an Indian company to build one of the world's largest ever coal mines.

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Tens of thousands of folk die of flu in this country every year yet still folk refuse to have the flu jab. I bet more die of flu here every year than have died of corona virus across the whole world so far. 

Exactly.  Its the Media circus that is making it dangerous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

My thoughts exactly Jacko. I am not a medical person but my wife is. Her comment that this appears to spread more easily but the fatality rates are barely different from a regular winter flu epidemic seems to have eluded the media.

5 hours ago, For Us All said:

Should anyone be allowed to leave Buxton.?

• Haha 1

Anyway, how do you catch this virus from simple bottles of pop ?But seriously, why do people get so excited about these viruses ?

Over recent years there’s been bird flu, swine flu, ebola, SARS, et al.  It’s  like there has to be this seasons must have virus.

And how many people actually contract this virus let alone die from it on these isles ? Very, very few indeed. 

If you get it, you get it. But in reality you’re more likely to be served by Elvis in a chip shop than contract it. 

Just get on with life and stop worrying about highly unlikely scenario’s. 

Mind you, my throat is quite sore. 

• Haha 2

Thanks to the media panic inducing reporting, people are getting a cold, sore throat or any other number of "signs" that they always get this time of year but instead of having a lemsip and early night they are looking for tenuous links to infected areas.  

Its bonkers.

7 days ago the media were telling us all to care about bullying and suicide and like good little drones we obliged.  Now they are telling us to <ovf censored> ourselves over catching a cold and once again like obedient little sheep we oblige.

When is the nation going to wake up and realise that our main  stream media is rotten?

Check the pages of the papers in the smaller print to see what's happening that actually effects you.

It's great media and superb for burying stuff that the top brass would rather we didnt hear about.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

My thoughts exactly Jacko. I am not a medical person but my wife is. Her comment that this appears to spread more easily but the fatality rates are barely different from a regular winter flu epidemic seems to have eluded the media.

The main difference is that the people most at risk from serious difficulties with flu have annual injections but with corona there are no solutions at present.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

When is the nation going to wake up and realise that our main  stream media is rotten?

I don’t necessarily think that the media is rotten, but it is perhaps  more to do with the fact that the general public show a staggering inability to think for themselves.

I was, perhaps surprisingly, in the local overhearing punters saying that they would not go into the nearby Chinese Takeaway until all this was over. I too would not go into the place, but that is more to do with the poor fare on offer as opposed to any potential coronavirus  health issues.

Oh, and the rats. 

Edited by RailwayRowdy

8 hours ago, Wrex said:

I don't know why people keep holding up Australia as this great shining example for us all. Half the country is on fire and they're allowing an Indian company to build one of the world's largest ever coal mines.

They’re a well balanced race, the Aussies . They have a chip on both shoulders. Just joking , Barry😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1