onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Run In

MBE

Not a daft suggestion that it could be a Vale v Plymouth play off either , could play them 3 times in about 10 days. Only a COULD. Lot of water under the bridge before then, but i don't see us above 6th or 7th and get a feeling that they could miss out on automatics.

Or a humdinger against Crewe imagine that!

Advert

Also unwise to rule Bradford out, little over a fortnight ago we were 7 points behind Northampton and about to kick off away to them. 3 wins for us and 3 losses for them prior to Walsall. 

Bradford can't be ruled out but admittedly their run in is possibly the worst of everybody ( on paper ) 

I think it might come down to what we do away. The home form has been great all season and so long as we maintain that we won’t be a million miles off. Just need a win or 2 away probs.

But the fact we go into the final 2 months of the season in such a good position is great. Don’t think there’s too much pressure on us because of the turnaround from last year. That might just help us too.

I think we may just miss out marginally but that’s just because as a Vale fan you tend to expect the worst but I hope I’m proved wrong.

On 24/02/2020 at 16:38, geoff1 said:

can recommend looe as a base camp for Plymouth nice long w/e on proper job ale

Looe is one of , if not THE, nicest place in Cornwall.  Very old pub on the quite side of the river, The Jolly Sailor, try it.

However , check the weather first, Looe is also the most flooded town in the UK I believe!  As Geoff says, ideal for the match.

Well if you look at the top five it looks like they have flown the nest so only two PO places up for grabs, with four teams chasing these places. The league doesn’t lie at this stage of the season, however some teams will have a blip, then it’s a matter of how quickly they can turn this around. They could have injuries or suspensions to key players, I’m hoping all our suspensions are over now. The exception to this will be TP for the tweeting posts, which is dragging on and not being dealt with in an expeditious manner, which isn’t ideal.

We just need to concentrate on our own games and forget about the others. I’d imagine the Plymouth’s fate will be sorted before we play them, so if we are still in with a chance of PO position, I wonder what level of support we’d take to Plymouth.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well if you look at the top five it looks like they have flown the nest so only two PO places up for grabs, with four teams chasing these places. The league doesn’t lie at this stage of the season, however some teams will have a blip, then it’s a matter of how quickly they can turn this around. They could have injuries or suspensions to key players, I’m hoping all our suspensions are over now. The exception to this will be TP for the tweeting posts, which is dragging on and not being dealt with in an expeditious manner, which isn’t ideal.

We just need to concentrate on our own games and forget about the others. I’d imagine the Plymouth’s fate will be sorted before we play them, so if we are still in with a chance of PO position, I wonder what level of support we’d take to Plymouth.

Bradford are going to have to turn their form around very quickly to be in with a shout. I think we are looking at 2 from 3. I also think Northampton will be the ones to miss out. They have an awful run in. 

12 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Bradford are going to have to turn their form around very quickly to be in with a shout. I think we are looking at 2 from 3. I also think Northampton will be the ones to miss out. They have an awful run in. 

I've not looked at any recent form guides but it seems to me that Northampton have been slipping up and dropping points a fair bit recently, similar to Bradford, so if they also have a bad run-in you could be right.

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Could the FA be delaying their investigation/announcement to see if we make the playoffs so that they can ensure that Tom is well and truly punished by missing the playoff final should we make it.

Archived