onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our budget

Jacko51

Advert

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

We took more away yesterday than some clubs get home gates.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances;jsessionid=706AA134976E9B02D3EE58C8037431F5

We did but its home crowds that pay the bills and we have a large stadium to fund. Crewe probably have a bigger surplus per game than us given the relative match day costs and only a 300 lower average attendance. Taking 2500 away is a 50k cash boost for the opposition. That said our core support puts us in the top half of this league but outside the top 3. Discount Crewe and 4 to 11 on the list have broadly similar fan bases. The disappointment is despite a better season and the new owners attendances are only up 400 on last season.

8 minutes ago, JRC said:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances;jsessionid=706AA134976E9B02D3EE58C8037431F5

We did but its home crowds that pay the bills and we have a large stadium to fund. Crewe probably have a bigger surplus per game than us given the relative match day costs and only a 300 lower average attendance. Taking 2500 away is a 50k cash boost for the opposition. That said our core support puts us in the top half of this league but outside the top 3. Discount Crewe and 4 to 11 on the list have broadly similar fan bases. The disappointment is despite a better season and the new owners attendances are only up 400 on last season.

I’m not sure I buy into the statements that a larger stadium costs more to upkeep, it’s not like an lager office block that would cost more to heat,obviously a larger stadium would cost more to build than a small one but once it’s there there can’t be many running costs except possibly more electric lights on a matchday.

1 minute ago, LancyTony said:

I'm not even sure we're looking at this the right way? Does "17th highest" mean there are only 7 clubs with a higher budget? Or, are we reading it as 17th lowest?

Our budget is definitely lower this season than last because Kevin Shanahan said so in an early season Q and A on the official site. My guess is there are half a dozen very low and very high ones and we are in a tightly bunched middle with marginal difference from 7 to 18.

18 minutes ago, JRC said:

We should have some decent gates for some of the last home fixtures.  Bradford, Crewe and Grimsby plus last home game v Newport.  If we can beat Scunny and get something against Cheltenham then even the Crawley fixture could have a decent gate, albeit they won’t bring many.

Obviously our league position will largely dictate the number of home fans coming through the turnstiles.

I guess that given Smurthwaite left a decrepit dump behind him, and we're still paying his ransom, it is unsurprising. Just great that things are going so well under the circs and things should get better, particularly as Arthur didn't blow the windfall cash in Jan. It will take a while to get the bad smell of that git cleared out of the club.

18 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I’m not sure I buy into the statements that a larger stadium costs more to upkeep, it’s not like an lager office block that would cost more to heat,obviously a larger stadium would cost more to build than a small one but once it’s there there can’t be many running costs except possibly more electric lights on a matchday.

Higher business rates, more turnstiles, larger area to police and steward, larger external surface area to maintain, paint, weather proof, clean post match, larger pitch to water, fertilise,  seed annually, larger depreciation charge. All out of 138k at best of extra crowd revenue compared to Crewe.

18 minutes ago, JRC said:

Higher business rates, more turnstiles, larger area to police and steward, larger external surface area to maintain, paint, weather proof, clean post match, larger pitch to water, fertilise,  seed annually, larger depreciation charge. All out of 138k at best of extra crowd revenue compared to Crewe.

I hadn’t thought of some of the points you raised.

i’ll accept the higher business rates, extra steward cost, but not police as there are not normally police in the ground.

granted  more cleaning cost post match and a bit more work on a larger pitch.

once a building is weather proof it doesn’t need any work to keep it that way, 

Yes extra painting cost when it’s repainted, but that’s only once in a blue moon.

Archived