onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Another two points dropped this afternoon, bitterly disappointing. Eight points dropped in added time this season, I’ve got a really bad feeling that will cost us at the end of the season. Brown yet again at fault for the second goal, just like the first at Walsall. However, Brown can be forgiven because he’s saved us more times than he’s cost us. I would just like him to be a bit more commanding in his area. Monty had another poor game, hasn’t looked his best recently. Therefore, Clark comes straight in for Monty and we can have two out and out full backs on the pitch. 
Don’t get too down beat though, Valiants. Seven unbeaten and we move back into the play-offs. Our fate is now in our hands. We looked good today, but we need to cut out those silly mistakes. Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, I will be proud and so should everyone else. 
Very tough game next week against Cheltenham, but remember we have beat them at their place already this year and drew at home. They are beatable and we are capable of turning over any side on our day. 
KTF!

Advert

How many more points are we going to throw away this season from winning positions?

I think John Askey and his staff are doing a great job but an area of improvement needed for next season is game management, especially when it comes to making substitutions during a game.

On Paper we had a very strong bench today and after 60 odd minutes during the second half it was clear that we needed to make changes, especially to the midfield area in order to get some fresh legs on the pitch. The management team for whatever reason seem reluctant to make changes when they are clearly needed. Both Conlon and Burgess looked spent forces during the second half and understandably so as they have played a lot of football recently. The pitch today was soaking wet and heavy and in my opinion changes should have been made a lot sooner in order to freshen things up in order to help the team.

A strength of Micky Adams when he was our manager was that if something wasn't working or if someone was having a poor game then he would not hesitate to make substitutions early in a game and change formations, tactics etc.

I think our game management in terms of a lack of making substitutions when required will eventually cost us a play off place this season. 

I hope I am wrong

UTV

Another disappointing result. Game drifted in the second half and can't complain too much about the result. For all of our possesion we didn't test their keeper bar the goals.

Number 20 excellent (again) for them.

Positives - up to 7th, Clark (who is a class above) back next week, a tasty away game that could cement us in the top 7, unbeaten in 7, and 4th best record over the last 10 games.

See you all at the Jonny Rocks Stadium.

Just now, Nofinikea said:

He made 2 changes and we didnt close out.

To basically say it will be his fault if we dont make the playoffs due to his lack of subs is so far from the mark of reality it beggars belief.  Its John Askeys fault we are sitting in a play off spot at all.

This is the correct take.

You can't ignore Askey getting us to the playoffs, and then blame him for missing out, like he was gifted a top 7 finish and contrives to throw it away.

He brought on Pope and Oyeleke, two good League 2 players. Legge's inability to track his man has no correlation with Rhys Browne/Jake Taylor not entering the field of play.

5 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

He made 2 changes and we didnt close out.

To basically say it will be his fault if we dont make the playoffs due to his lack of subs is so far from the mark of reality it beggars belief.  Its John Askeys fault we are sitting in a play off spot at all.

Don’t think anyone is saying that. But if we’d made a third change near the end, take a bit of sting out the game and allow the players to re-set, it might just have seen us other the line.

Can I just add a negative against some of our fickle fan base 

In the 5 minutes after their first equaliser we got quite tetchy in the stands instead of an outpouring of support to get back at it 

Conlon over hit a ball out for a goal kick, howls of derision, Montano then inexplicably passed to the right wing instead of Worrall who was totally free . Few boos . And then the coup de grace a move between Amoo and Gibbons where Gibbons back heeled it straight to them was met with boos.

Unbelievable, fickle and embarrassing. Please someone say that they heard it too so that I know I'm not going mad 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

In the 5 minutes after their first equaliser we got quite tetchy in the stands instead of an outpouring of support to get back at it 

Conlon over hit a ball out for a goal kick, howls of derision, Montano then inexplicably passed to the right wing instead of Worrall who was totally free . Few boos . And then the coup de grace a move between Amoo and Gibbons where Gibbons back heeled it straight to them was met with boos.

Unbelievable, fickle and embarrassing. Please someone say that they heard it too so that I know I'm not going mad 

Embarrassing... and I bet they were kids? There are a bunch on twitter who seem to think they are funny and clever despite being neither.

We were 2-1 up when he sacrificed Cullen for Monty to supposedly shore up the midfield. Also Taylor hasn't played since Man City. The only other option was Crookes who hasn't played since God only knows. 

I thought the subs were spot on today and you can't legislate for the calamity goal at the end

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Shocks me how hot and cold our fanbase is; when the teams playing well, they're noisy and positive. When the teams not, its silent and negative.

Archived