onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Advert

Our game management is so poor! Very disappointing to drop points again. But still a points a point and it keeps the pot boiling. Tough match at Cheltenham coming up they seem to have the  nouse for winning anything there will be a bonus . Fingers crossed for something . 

Beat Cheltenham next weekend and all will be forgiven today.

With the players they have it's almost a crime that Scunthorpe aren't in the top 10 at the very least. Thought they were just about good for a point all things considered - It was difficult for both teams today with this shocking weather.

Here we go again....I'm fed up of continually writing this.....but why are we incapable of closing-out a game?  We drop so many points with 90 minute and plus goals against us--drives me absolutely potty! Four  goals conceded in last two successive matches and 4 points dropped.  Hope these aren't going to prove too costly in such a tightly contested fight for top three and play-offs?

Glass half full me:-

1. Not lost in a game with difficult conditions, getting a point against a side that earlier in the season ripped us apart (as with Walsall).

2. Back in the playoffs.

3. At least one of their goals was a very bad mistake that you wouldn’t expect to be repeated.

Glass half empty me:-

1. Yet more points dropped from winning position. If we’d have secured just a quarter of those points we’d be in the automatic places.

2. Yet another goalkeeping error.

3. Second successive week where we’ve been good-ish first half, but awful season half.

4. Subs once again too long in coming. Their first equaliser was about 10 mins in the making because nothing was sticking up top and we could barely get out of our half despite having the wind. Plus Manny looked completely lost and clearly isn’t fit, so why not use Taylor? We only made of the three changes anyway, despite a strong bench.

5. Second week in a row Monty had a really poor game. Clark must come in at left-back next week.

Really, really frustrating because it is simply about game management which, let’s face it, is non-existent. Did we have a yellow card today?  

If we win at Cheltenham then today with look like a decent point, but I don’t see it based on how we seem to panic now when we go on front.

And yes, I know, at the start of the season.....blah blah 😡

Archived