onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

20 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Whilst I respect your opinion, there’s no way that Oyeleke should be starting.  He’s miles off the pace just yet.  A few more appearances from the bench required in my view.

Id also suggest that Brisley has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped.  Ok, if he’s injured then Smudge moves across.  It just looked like a dead leg to me, so, as it’s a free week, I’d expect him to be available for Saturday.

point taken 

Advert

5 hours ago, Doha said:

Why are so many of you keen to drop a centre mid who’s notched 1 goal and 3 excellent assists in his last 4 matches?

I agree, there is no way Conlon should be dropped with how well he’s done this last couple of games. 

Smith back in the centre, with Gibbons at right back, Taylor back at the expense of Conlon and Amoo for Brown. We need our best team out there now as we approach the final furlong of the season. I’m not saying that Brisley and Conlon have been poor, but I believe Smith and Taylor fit better into our system.The reasons for my thought process, are as follows,:-

1. If we don’t push for the PO’s now, then all the good things we’ve achieved this season, have been pointless.

2. Smith has been fantastic for our club and has been extremely loyal, to our cause through good and bad times. Certainly a nominee for player of the season.He’ll be off in summer if we don’t show him the loyalty that he deserves.

3. If Taylor is match fit then his pairing with Burgess is as good as anything in L2. We will have had to pay Forest a fee for the extension of his loan, so again pointless if we don’t play him. With him and Burgess playing this gives Joyce a little more room and time on the ball as they press the opposition defence, preventing them from passing the ball through the midfield, instead of allowing them to do it then having a midfield battle.

If we start with Pope then see if he can do the full 90 mins, if we go with Cullen and need to bring Pope on, then no later than 60-65 mins.

This is just my opinion so if you disagree, feel free to state your opinion.

Smith back in the centre, with Gibbons at right back, Taylor back at the expense of Conlon and Amoo for Brown. We need our best team out there now as we approach the final furlong of the season. I’m not saying that Brisley and Conlon have been poor, but I believe Smith and Taylor fit better into our system.The reasons for my thought process, are as follows,:-
1. If we don’t push for the PO’s now, then all the good things we’ve achieved this season, have been pointless.
2. Smith has been fantastic for our club and has been extremely loyal, to our cause through good and bad times. Certainly a nominee for player of the season.He’ll be off in summer if we don’t show him the loyalty that he deserves.
3. If Taylor is match fit then his pairing with Burgess is as good as anything in L2. We will have had to pay Forest a fee for the extension of his loan, so again pointless if we don’t play him. With him and Burgess playing this gives Joyce a little more room and time on the ball as they press the opposition defence, preventing them from passing the ball through the midfield, instead of allowing them to do it then having a midfield battle.
If we start with Pope then see if he can do the full 90 mins, if we go with Cullen and need to bring Pope on, then no later than 60-65 mins.
This is just my opinion so if you disagree, feel free to state your opinion.

1) I don’t think the season will be pointless if we don’t make the playoffs. We have developed on and off the pitch. Lorne st to be finished, ticket offers for fans, exciting cup run, fans back in love with the club , players signed up early for next season (that’s not happened in years ). Yes we should press on for playoffs but looking at the bigger picture not the be all and end all. ( but god I hope we do ! Love to end the season with a win a Wembley)

2) smith has been amazing all season , but unless there is an injury can’t see how he can be placed straight back to centre half . Gibbons should play right back however as he gets forward better and can see Scunthorpe sitting back more than the last few sides we have played at home. We need the attacking threat.

3)is Taylor match fit is the big question ? I think Conlon has been amazing last few home games and even gets a goal .. maybe Taylor for a 60 minute substitute . Score the winner !

Cullen for me to start at home , pope suites the team away when Cullen is usually a bit too isolated.

Either way ... 2-1 vale up the vale !

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I agree with Playa, now is not the time for sentiment. Best team has to be played. That means Gibbons Taylor and Amoo all start . 

But the Jake Taylor who we have at the moment may not be the Jake Taylor we had earlier in the season before his injury, it will take a while for him to get back to full fitness. Look at Manny on Saturday, he was nowhere near the player he can be when fully fit. 

Archived