onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

6 home games left, we need 4 wins and 2 draws to give us a PO chance with some away points as well. Just  a 3 pointer,  a continuation of excellent home form is required. Askey will be expecting nothing less, and revenge for a defeat at their place.   A  few tweaks, apart from any injuries, to contain or exploit the opposition,  with plenty of options on the bench now available are to be expected. Hoping for decent weather, high press play, and 3 goals

Advert

Scunthorpes away form from there last 8 away is win 4 drew 1 lost 3. Before that they had only drawn 2 and lost 6 away so there results have improved away. 

I'd put Gibbons in at rb instead of smith. Brisley was limping towards the end of yesterday's game so if he isn't fit then play smith CB. Tough choice to stick with Cullen upfront or go with Pope. 

5 hours ago, geoff1 said:

brown/gibbo.legge/smith/montano/burgess oyleke/joyce/amoo/pope/worall (just a suggestion)

Whilst I respect your opinion, there’s no way that Oyeleke should be starting.  He’s miles off the pace just yet.  A few more appearances from the bench required in my view.

Id also suggest that Brisley has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped.  Ok, if he’s injured then Smudge moves across.  It just looked like a dead leg to me, so, as it’s a free week, I’d expect him to be available for Saturday.

Will JA and Co go for a few changes for this match.  Big decisions to be made on who stays in the starting 11 and who goes out.  At least Brown, Smith, Legge, Joyce and Worrall  knows they will be in the starting 11.

Good luck to them and hopefully we will pick up 3 points.

27 minutes ago, Doha said:

Why are so many of you keen to drop a centre mid who’s notched 1 goal and 3 excellent assists in his last 4 matches?

It is pretty close for me, both players have been great, but when it comes to playing lower half teams we struggle to break them down sometimes & I think Taylor is one of the few we have that can produce something special out of nowhere. I'm easy with either though, wouldn't bother me to see one or the other on the sheet on Sat.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

It is pretty close for me, both players have been great, but when it comes to playing lower half teams we struggle to break them down sometimes & I think Taylor is one of the few we have that can produce something special out of nowhere. I'm easy with either though, wouldn't bother me to see one or the other on the sheet on Sat.

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Why are so many of you keen to drop a centre mid who’s notched 1 goal and 3 excellent assists in his last 4 matches?

because we  are crap armchair managers!!!!  

Archived